ECT water baptism

COGTHW

Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ is the only way obey John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Obey Jesus Christ

turbosixx

That was in a different dispensation. Today there is only "one" baptism (Eph.4:5) and that "one" baptism is found at 1 Corinthians 12:13.

So you say the ONE baptism is spiritual based on this one verse? Do you believe that's wise when looking at the whole letter?

In chapter 10, Paul is warning the readers to avoid Israel’s mistakes. He therefore draws as close a parallel with the Israelites to his readers as he can. He tells them they were “baptized into Moses” and he describes it as a water baptism by tell them TWICE “under the cloud and in the sea”. He then tells them they “ate the same spiritual food and drank the same spiritual drink” - Christ. The readers would see it as “I was baptized (in water) into Christ and I spiritually eat and drink Christ when I take communion.

In the chapter 1 he tells them 13 Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?....16 Now I did baptize also the household of Stephanas

Wouldn't you say the readers up to this point understand baptism to be water? Then when Paul tells them 13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, they automatically know there is no water involved?

I would suggest to you this is how they understood it. When we are water baptized the Spirit adds us to the body. Just like here.
Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Do you have a scripture showing people being added by spiritual baptism alone to support your claim?

turbosixx

Water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ is the only way obey John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Obey Jesus Christ

Amen!

musterion

Paul said he wasn't sent to baptize but to preach the Gospel. 1 Cor 1:17

That means the saving Good News does not require the work of your judaized water rituals, and that you both have believed another gospel and are not His.

turbosixx

That means the saving Good News does not require the work of your judaized water rituals, and that you both have believed another gospel and are not His.

That verse is taken out of context to support a falsehood. We clearly see him practicing water baptism. If there is one baptism and it's not water then why is he doing it?

Can you please explain what Paul means in vs17 based on context?

COGTHW

Paul taught baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. 'And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.' Acts 20:16

Obey Jesus Christ

musterion

That verse is taken out of context to support a falsehood. We clearly see him practicing water baptism. If there is one baptism and it's not water then why is he doing it?

Can you please explain what Paul means in vs17 based on context?

No, because your confused mind is already made up. Not going to waste my time with someone who believes other men's water ritual is keeping him right with God.

turbosixx

No, because your confused mind is already made up. Not going to waste my time with someone who believes other men's water ritual is keeping him right with God.

It's funny. I've asked several madist multiple times to explain this verse based on context and I've gotten crickets. I thought you might actually tackle it.

Mad is built on single verses taken out of context or twisted.

COGTHW

God said He will baptize in the OT and will anoint with oil=Holy Ghost ; Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil. Ezekiel 16:9

Obey Jesus Christ

COGTHW

Baptism in the name of Jesus Christ is all in the NT. 38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing. Acts 8

Obey Jesus Christ

COGTHW

Scripture say the Church of God in the NT did it. So you must do it or be lost point blank period. 'For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.' Romans 15:4

Obey Jesus Christ

SimpleMan77

Not even close. Paul had these people baptized under his ministry, but had his assistants do most of it. Read the story in the Book of Acts, chapter 18.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

turbosixx

Obey Jesus Christ

It's sad, Paul says that's exactly what people will do, proclaim a doctrine that doesn't agree with the words of Jesus.

3 If anyone advocates a different doctrine and does not agree with sound words, those of our Lord Jesus Christ, and with the doctrine conforming to godliness, 4 he is conceited and understands nothing;

COGTHW

Paul calls every doctrine out there that is not of Jesus Christ a CURSED doctrine. If the Apostles did not teach or say or did it its of the devil. ; But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. Galatians 1

Obey Jesus Christ

whitestone

Not even close. Paul had these people baptized under his ministry, but had his assistants do most of it. Read the story in the Book of Acts, chapter 18.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

what do you think Appolos was told seeing he only understood the baptism of John and in Acts 19:2 KJV why is Paul so concerned as to if they had received the Holy Ghost?

Last edited:

COGTHW

So the certain disciples can enter into heaven. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. John 3:5

Obey Jesus Christ