IS M.A.D. DOCTRINE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God used Peter to open the door for Paul to walk through. That does not mean they preached the same gospel nor does it mean that Peter was the apostle of the Gentiles as only Paul said he was (Romans 11:13 KJV).

The same gospel? The only gospel is the good news of the kingdom of God, of which there is no end.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The same gospel? The only gospel is the good news of the kingdom of God, of which there is no end.
Is this where you are going to conflate the "gospel of the kingdom" with the gospel Paul preached even though the gospel of the kingdom was preached before "Christ died for our sins" which is a crucial element of the gospel by which we are saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Genesis 12:3 KJV And I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.​

And in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Why do you say only some families will be blessed through Abraham? Why?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Is this where you are going to conflate the "gospel of the kingdom" with the gospel Paul preached even though the gospel of the kingdom was preached before "Christ died for our sins" which is a crucial element of the gospel by which we are saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)?

:thumb:

It is simply astounding that people don't get this!

SimpleMan77

Acts 10:35 KJV work, work, work!

Acts 10:35
But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Not so different than Paul, is it?

2 Corinthians 5:9-11
Wherefore we LABOUR, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

heir

TOL Subscriber
But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Wherefore we LABOUR, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences

Our "labour" is service after salvation, not for it. Acts 10:35 KJV contradicts Titus 3:5 KJV unless it is said to different people with different requirements! You need to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Pre-salvation:

Very different.

Post-salvation:

SimpleMan77

IS M.A.D. DOCTRINE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

Pre-salvation:

Very different.

Post-salvation:
[MENTION=12870]steko[/MENTION] [MENTION=6992]heir[/MENTION]
Let me get this right - you are saying that Peter was making the statement that because of Cornelius's good works, he was already accepted of God (saved), before Peter mentioned one word about Jesus?

Peter didn't say "because of your works you're already accepted (saved).

If saying he was accepted meant he was already saved, why in the world did Peter go on from that statement and preach Jesus to them, and tell others that God had purified their hearts BY FAITH. Testifying later, Peter said the angel had told Cornelius that Peter would bring words whereby he could BE SAVED, acknowledging that "accepted" did not mean saved.

It's without question that Peter knows Cornelius doesn't keep Moses's law. So we know he's not talking about righteousness by the works of the law.

Peter recognized the fact that Cornelius's hunger for God had attracted God's attention to the point that he had been "accepted" in that God sent Peter to him with the saving Gospel.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Excellent point Heir.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Peter preached they must go through the trial of their faith (1 Peter 1:7 KJV), receiving the end of their faith, even the salvation of their souls (1 Peter 1:9 KJV). That salvation is of the grace that "should" come unto them (Acts 15:11 KJV, 1 Peter 1:10 KJV). They look forward that their sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord (which is at what many refer to as the second coming of the Lord (Acts 3:19-21 KJV).

Paul preached none of the above. Rather he preached the righteousness of God without the law by the faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22 KJV), a salvation of trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) where the righteousness of God is revealed (Romans 1:16-17 KJV). Those who have trusted the Lord today having believed the gospel of Christ "are saved" presently and that by grace through faith (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV,Ephesians 2:5 KJV, Ephesians 2:8 KJV) as we have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV).

Perfect!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Heir has done a terrific job of getting the "Pure Truth" out there on this thread. I commend her Faith, sincerity, Spiritual discernment, preaching, logic, choice of Scriptures, and overall consistency in all of these areas, concerning the Grace Gospel. Blessings to you Sister Heir.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There's merely a handful of true members of the Body of Christ on TOL. My congratulations go out to them, as well. They work hard to keep the simplicity/purity of the Grace Gospel and MAD concise and understandable.

Among the Champions of the Gospel/MAD are:

Tambora, Heir, STP, Glorydaz, Steko, Musty, Right Divider, Etc. Blessings on you all.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If someone is an Atheist/Agnostic and seeking the truth, then, they're welcome to post here or elsewhere on TOL. However, there are those on TOL with anger issues and just want to take them out on somebody else. Those are the one's that should find other outlets, in my humble opinion. Sincere questions and answers are sincerely welcome.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There's only one Gospel for today. There's only one way to receive eternal life. The Bible says in Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." If one desires faith, they can find it in the Bible. Eternal life in Heaven comes by hearing the Gospel and placing ALL of one's faith in Christ as their Savior. Romans 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

Status
Not open for further replies.