No Takers Thread

Samie

According to your tortured logic Jesus wasted his time preaching his gospel.
No. Jesus' words that say apart from Him man can do NOTHING tortured your logic that says those NOT "in Christ" can do SOMETHING.

People either are or are not in Christ.
No problem about that, because there are myriads already blotted out from the book of life, but these myriads were born "in Christ" hence their names were written in the book of life, but blotted out.

Samie

This is what Jesus says that you seem to be dismissing:

Matthew 7:13-14
New International Version (NIV)
The Narrow and Wide Gates
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Entering and finding are acts of the spiritually alive, not of the spiritually dead. Until now you have not explained how the spiritually dead can believe.

***your preaching of universalism is false, according to Jesus, Samie.
Jesus' statement that"God so loved the world" is universalism.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Samie;4618157 Until now you have not explained how the spiritually dead can believe.[/QUOTE said:
By hearing and believing/trusting in Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV - Romans 10:9-10 KJV - Romans 10:13 KJV -

Romans 10:17 KJV - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV -

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No. Jesus' words that say apart from Him man can do NOTHING tortured your logic that says those NOT "in Christ" can do SOMETHING.

You have already been shown by more than one person that Jesus said nothing of the sort. You are adding to scripture (Rev. 22:18-19) what is not there. Take care about this.

If man can do NOTHING then he cannot tie his shoe laces either. He cannot eat, sleep or reproduce. These things are SOMETHING, are they not?

Are they not?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Entering and finding are acts of the spiritually alive, not of the spiritually dead. Until now you have not explained how the spiritually dead can believe.

Jesus' statement that"God so loved the world" is universalism.

Jesus does not teach everyone will be saved. This is what you preach.

You have to believe in Jesus to be saved. There is a huge difference.

This is what Jesus says:

"for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish...."

Your kind of preaching is sin, friend , because you don't spread the whole truth..

popsthebuilder

I just read this entrire thread and have to admit that I am somewhat appalled.

Everything he has said makes sense and is based on scripture. Salvation indeed is available to all. One cannot repent to God if they don't believe in God.

Why is everyone else being so negative? As if that is what we are called forth to do instead of coming together in Christ and spreading the good word of GOD.

He didn't say all are saved, but that salvation is available to all.

Could someone please explain in a respectable manner what the big problems are with what he is saying?

Thank you,
With humility,
Peace

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Everything he has said makes sense and is based on scripture. Salvation indeed is available to all. One cannot repent to God if they don't believe in God.

that's the impression I got at beggining, but if your read carefully, he adds something that not quite right. It is very subtle.

He is clever writer.

I know he is preaching typical universal salvation which believe everyone will be saved at the end without being Jesus' follower or servant..

popsthebuilder

that's the impression I got at beggining, but if your read carefully, he adds something that not quite right. It is very subtle.

He is clever writer.

I know he is preaching typical universal salvation which believe everyone will be saved at the end without being Jesus' follower or servant..
I simply did not see where he denied that Christ is the way or the savior. Perhaps I missed something.

Peace

Samie

I just read this entrire thread and have to admit that I am somewhat appalled.

Why is everyone else being so negative? As if that is what we are called forth to do instead of coming together in Christ and spreading the good word of GOD.

He didn't say all are saved, but that salvation is available to all.

Could someone please explain in a respectable manner what the big problems are with what he is saying?

Thank you,
With humility,
Peace

He is clever writer.

I simply did not see where he denied that Christ is the way or the savior. Perhaps I missed something.

Peace
Thank you, popsthebuilder. Yes, Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior is the only way. There's just no salvation in any other name. I guess we have made our point.

People are born "in Christ" and the only way to remain "in Him" is to overcome evil with good because only overcomers will not be blotted out from the book of life.

popsthebuilder

Thank you, popsthebuilder. Yes, Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior is the only way. There's just no salvation in any other name. I guess we have made our point.

People are born "in Christ" and the only way to remain "in Him" is to overcome evil with good because only overcomers will not be blotted out from the book of life.
Peace brother. Keep fighting the good fight. Just don't expect it to get any easier. Of course you probably already know that based on scripture.

popsthebuilder

It may be because you are subscribing to universalism too.

peace
Universal reconciliation is not synonymous with universalism. Universalism is utter acceptance of all regardless of Faith or the lack there of. Universal reconciliation is Faith in God's word. The twelve tribes have been spread across the globe and given different cultures and languages, but at least eleven of them will be reconciled unto God by his will. Do you deny universal reconciliation as depicted in scripture?

When I say peace, I mean it friend. I will defend any who are striving to attain to the will of God, including you. Division based in hate, greed, and the faulty doctrines of man is not condoned in scripture, or by the Holy Spirit.

With humility,

Peace

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Universal reconciliation is not synonymous with universalism.

I know what UR teaches. They are not interested in what Jesus has to say. they push humanitarian point of view which is nothing but secular philosophy.

It seems that you are UR pusher too. Your posts very much similar to his preaching.

You are clever in your writing, too.

blessings.

Samie

Because Christ has come to this earth, died and rose again, people are born "in Him", not because of what people did, but because of what God through Christ has done for them. Jesus the bread of life came to this world to give it life (John 6:33). Obviously, the world is dead otherwise He would have not given it life. That's why He said that no one can come to Him except the Father draws him (John 6:44).

So, on the cross, the Father fashioned Jews and Gentiles (humanity) into the body of His Son, creating a new man on the cross: The Son is the Head, humanity the body (Eph 2: 11-19). When His Son the Head, died, humanity - His Body - died (2 Cor 5:14, 15). When the Head resurrected, the body was made alive together with Him (Col 2:13; Eph 2:4-6), born again into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus (1 Pet 1:3).

Now that we all are alive, we can do spiritual things like believing, repenting, etc., which can be summarized simply into overcoming evil with good (Rom 12:21). Believing is overcoming the evil of unbelief; repentance is overcoming the evil of impenitence. Being "in Christ", we are attached to Him Who is our Strength for overcoming evil (Phil 4:13). And overcomers will not be blotted out from the book of life (Rev 3:5).

Samie

I know what UR teaches. They are not interested in what Jesus has to say. . . .
I based the OP in what Jesus said that without, apart or separate from, Him, we can do NOTHING. Yet you insist we were NOT "in Him" yet when we believed. So in effect, you are saying that apart from Christ we can do something instead of nothing. Seems like you are the one NOT interested in what Jesus has to say.

popsthebuilder

I know what UR teaches. They are not interested in what Jesus has to say. they push humanitarian point of view which is nothing but secular philosophy.

It seems that you are UR pusher too. Your posts very much similar to his preaching.

You are clever in your writing, too.

blessings.
Please look up universal reconciliation, and universalism as the two are not the same. You would do well to not confuse the two.

Peace friend, no disrespect whatsoever.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I based the OP in what Jesus said that without, apart or separate from, Him, we can do NOTHING. Yet you insist we were NOT "in Him" yet when we believed. So in effect, you are saying that apart from Christ we can do something instead of nothing. Seems like you are the one NOT interested in what Jesus has to say.

You are misusing the Scripture.

Jesus' word is not complicated and you are making it one.

popsthebuilder

It does not matter, what he is preaching is UR.

blessings.
So you have a problem with universal reconciliation and universalism and do not differentiate between the two?

Earlier you described Universalism, now you say he is preaching universal reconciliation. Do you really consider both to be the same?

Even if you think it is irrelevant in this particular conversation you should still understand the difference.

Just my opinion.

Peace friend.