Reconciled to God How?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Gal. 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Agreed.

So then, if while we were yet sinners we place our trust in Christ, is He faithful and just to forgive us?

Nanja

Agreed.

So then, if while we were yet sinners we place our trust in Christ, is He faithful and just to forgive us?

Read it again:

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Read it again:

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Right, I agree with that.

And thus my question to you.

If God has reconciled the world through Christ (and He has, 2 Corinthians 5:19), then if someone places their trust in the faithfulness of Christ, will God save them (because He is faithful and just to forgive)?

Nanja

Right, I agree with that.

And thus my question to you.

If God has reconciled the world through Christ (and He has, 2 Corinthians 5:19), then if someone places their trust in the faithfulness of Christ, will God save them (because He is faithful and just to forgive)?

That's nothing but a work a person does. Salvation is not of works Eph. 2:8-9 !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That's nothing but a work a person does. Salvation is not of works Eph. 2:8-9 !

I agree completely that salvation is not of works.

Could you point out in scripture where it says that placing one's trust in Christ is a work?

Because as far as I'm aware, Paul did not contradict himself when he wrote Romans 10:9-10 and Ephesians 2:8-9...

Nanja

I agree completely that salvation is not of works.

Could you point out in scripture where it says that placing one's trust in Christ is a work?

Because as far as I'm aware, Paul did not contradict himself when he wrote Romans 10:9-10 and Ephesians 2:8-9...

The word Work is the Greek word Ergon:

G2041: ergon

1. business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a. that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind
an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasized in opp. to that which is less than work

beloved57

an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasized in opp. to that which is less than work

Amen!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

I notice that even though I asked for scripture, I only got a definition, which could be used to support your position, but such is not a necessary outcome, but rather somewhat forced.

Nanja, or perhaps even beloved57 , could you please provide scripture that says or indicates that placing one's trust in Christ's completed work is in and of itself a work?

Because, again, from what I can tell from Paul's writings, it's not, as per Romans 10:

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” - Romans 10:9-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans10:9-13&version=NKJV

Question: When a man and woman both say "I do" when they get married, is it a work? Is that not "confessing with one's mouth," and yet it completely changes both of their entire lives?

beloved57

Those Christ died for were reconciled to God by Christ's death while they were enemies / unbelievers; no Faith needed.

You and I have the answer, it was when they were unbelievers/enemies. So we do err if we say it was when they were already believers. See reconciliation to God is the fruit of Christs death, not mens faith !

beloved57

According to Heb 10:10 how were they sanctified ?

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Nanja

According to Heb 10:10 how were they sanctified ?

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

All the ones Christ died for are sanctified, made holy [hagiazo]: by His Death / the offering of His Body on their behalf; to purify them internally by renewing of the soul; and so set apart once and for all, present and future. Basically this means being made into a new creature; a new man created !

Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Now if one is never transformed into a New Creature [Born Again Spiritually] in their lifetime, they weren't any Christ's death was for.

Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

beloved57

Nanja

All the ones Christ died for are sanctified, made holy [hagiazo]: by His Death / the offering of His Body on their behalf; to purify them internally by renewing of the soul; and so set apart once and for all, present and future. Basically this means being made into a new creature; a new man created !

Absolutely True Sister. Christs death ensures these things for them He died for. So if He died for all without exception, these things are ensured for all without exception as the fruit of His death.

Now if one is never transformed into a New Creature [Born Again Spiritually] in their lifetime, they weren't any Christ's death was for.

Exactly !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Eph 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Hindsight is certainly 20/20...

But that seems more like confirmation bias than anything...

Titus 3:5-6

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

Nanja beloved57 why are you ignoring my post to you?

Can you answer it?

I notice that even though I asked for scripture, I only got a definition, which could be used to support your position, but such is not a necessary outcome, but rather somewhat forced.

Nanja, or perhaps even beloved57 , could you please provide scripture that says or indicates that placing one's trust in Christ's completed work is in and of itself a work?

Because, again, from what I can tell from Paul's writings, it's not, as per Romans 10:

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” - Romans 10:9-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans10:9-13&version=NKJV

Question: When a man and woman both say "I do" when they get married, is it a work? Is that not "confessing with one's mouth," and yet it completely changes both of their entire lives?

Nanja

Nanja

Absolutely True Sister. Christs death ensures these things for them He died for. So if He died for all without exception, these things are ensured for all without exception as the fruit of His death.

Exactly !

Amen Brother, always appreciate your scriptural Godly comments and fellowship in the Truth! :)

beloved57

According to Heb 10:10 they were sanctified by the Offering of Christ, which simply means His Death. So if Christ died for all without exception, which He did not, then the reasonable conclusion is all without exception have been sanctified, which isn't true at all.

Nanja

According to Heb 10:10 they were sanctified by the Offering of Christ, which simply means His Death. So if Christ died for all without exception, which He did not, then the reasonable conclusion is all without exception have been sanctified, which isn't true at all.

Exactly Brother ! For the word Sanctified here in Heb. 10:10, is in the Perfect Tense meaning: A once and for all completed act from the past which effects the Present and Future.

So none of those Christ died for [God's Elect: Rom. 8:33-34; His Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23] can ever come under guilt and condemnation for sin Rom. 8:1;
as those which shall die in their sins John 8:24.

And It is because they are God's elect, that each one of them shall be sanctified internally; transformed into a New Creation
Eph. 4:24 and renewed by the Holy Ghost Titus 3:5 !

Now all the rest of humanity are forever condemned:

Rev. 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.