• Yes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

COGTHW

But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him. 1 Samuel 16:14

Obey Jesus Christ

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him. 1 Samuel 16:14

Obey Jesus Christ

What are you smoking? Those in the old testament were not sealed with the Spirit. Try again.

COGTHW

Same God then, Same God now. 'The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners;' Isaiah 61:1 ; God will leave you if you leave Him point blank period.

Obey Jesus Christ

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Same God then, Same God now. 'The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners;' Isaiah 61:1 ; God will leave you if you leave Him point blank period.

Obey Jesus Christ

Let me make this clear so that you can understand it. None were sealed until after Pentecost. Now try again from the New Testament.

COGTHW

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5 LET that is a commandment. God will leave you sir 'But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me.

12 So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their own counsels. Psalms 81:11-12 same God then, same God now. You can't fight it. He changes not. 'God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?' REPENT is changing ; 'For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.' Malachi 3:6 ; if He left Saul He will leave you sir.

Obey Jesus Christ

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5 LET that is a commandment. God will leave you sir 'But my people would not hearken to my voice; and Israel would none of me.

12 So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust: and they walked in their own counsels. Psalms 81:11-12 same God then, same God now. You can't fight it. He changes not. 'God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?' REPENT is changing ; 'For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.' Malachi 3:6 ; if He left Saul He will leave you sir.

Obey Jesus Christ

With the Hebrews verse it seems as though you are arguing for Eternal Security. As for the Old testament verses, get out of it. Sealing of the Spirit is in the New Testament ONLY!

COGTHW

God is the same God then and is the same God now. He will leave you I gave you scriptures on top of scriptures. God will leave you and will let you deceive yourself. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12 you can be become unrighteous. Same God then same God now.

Obey Jesus Christ

Lilstu

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." Hebrews 6:4-6.

"And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." Luke 9:62.

One screw-up and you are OUT!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God is the same God then and is the same God now. He will leave you I gave you scriptures on top of scriptures. God will leave you and will let you deceive yourself. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12 you can be become unrighteous. Same God then same God now.

Obey Jesus Christ

You are ignorant. Sealing of the Spirit is New Testament ONLY! If you are sealed by the Spirit you can't be unsealed. From gotquestions.org

Will the Holy Spirit ever leave a believer?

Question: "Will the Holy Spirit ever leave a believer?"

Answer: Simply put, no, the Holy Spirit will never leave a true believer. This is revealed in many different passages in the New Testament. For example, Romans 8:9 tells us, “…if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.” This verse very clearly states that if someone does not have the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit, then that person is not saved. Therefore, if the Holy Spirit were to leave a believer, that person would have lost the saving relationship with Christ. Yet this is contrary to what the Bible teaches about the eternal security of Christians. Another verse that speaks to the permanence of the Holy Spirit’s indwelling presence in the life of believers is John 14:16. Here Jesus states that the Father will give another Helper “to be with you forever.”

The fact that the Holy Spirit will never leave a believer is also seen in Ephesians 1:13-14 where believers are said to be “sealed” with the Holy Spirit, “who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.” The picture of being sealed with the Spirit is one of ownership and possession. God has promised eternal life to all who believe in Christ, and as a guarantee that He will keep His promise, He has sent the Holy Spirit to indwell the believer until the day of redemption. Similar to making a down payment on a car or a house, God has provided all believers with a down payment on their future relationship with Him by sending the Holy Spirit to indwell them. The fact that all believers are sealed with the Spirit is also seen in 2 Corinthians 1:22 and Ephesians 4:30.

Prior to Christ’s death, resurrection, and ascension into heaven, the Holy Spirit had a “come and go” relationship with people. The Holy Spirit indwelt King Saul, but then departed from him (1 Samuel 16:14). Instead, the Spirit came upon David (1 Samuel 16:13). After his adultery with Bathsheba, David feared that the Holy Spirit would be taken from him (Psalm 51:11). The Holy Spirit filled Bezalel to enable him to produce the items needed for the tabernacle (Exodus 31:2-5), but this is not described as a permanent relationship. All of this changed after Jesus’ ascension into heaven. Beginning on the day of Pentecost, the Holy Spirit began permanently indwelling believers (Acts 2). The permanent indwelling of the Holy Spirit is the fulfillment of God’s promise to always be with us and never forsake us.

While the Holy Spirit will never leave a believer, it is possible for our sin to “quench the Holy Spirit” (1 Thessalonians 5:19) or “grieve the Holy Spirit” (Ephesians 4:30). Sin always has consequences in our relationship with God. While our relationship with God is secure in Christ, unconfessed sin in our lives can hinder our fellowship with God and effectively quench the Holy Spirit’s working in our lives. That is why it is so important to confess our sins because God is “faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9). So, while the Holy Spirit will never leave us, the benefits and joy of His presence can in fact depart from us.

COGTHW

You went to a website We went on the Spirit and knowledge of God. You lose, scriptures say you can fall away and go to hell.

Obey Jesus Christ

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You went to a website We went on the Spirit and knowledge of God. You lose, scriptures say you can fall away and go to hell.

Obey Jesus Christ

You need to ask what spirit you are receiving from. Did you read post 29 or just skip over it. It contains the truth if you happen to be interested.

COGTHW

The Scriptures of God passes your "got questions" site I have the book and the Spirit of God which is the Spirit of Truth. Hallelujah. Same God now and then. If you say otherwise God changes, you are what the bible calls you unbeliever and unlearned.

Obey Jesus Christ

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Are you eternally secure or can you loose your salvation?

The answer to this is in the enormous price He paid in reaching down to us who were so completely beyond hope and dead in sin.

Those who think they can lose so great a salvation once His Son's precious blood has been applied have too low an opinion of the Father's love for His son and for us. God saved us because He loves us - simple as that! He will never un-love us.

Nanja

COGTHW
Obey Jesus Christ

Those Christ died for are made Righteous by His one act of Obedience, not theirs Rom. 5:19.

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Scriptures of God passes your "got questions" site I have the book and the Spirit of God which is the Spirit of Truth. Hallelujah. Same God now and then. If you say otherwise God changes, you are what the bible calls you unbeliever and unlearned.

Obey Jesus Christ

And you are still confused!

COGTHW

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." Hebrews 6:4-6.

"And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." Luke 9:62.
THIS IS TRUTH AND PROOF SAY GOD WONT TAKE HIS SPIRIT AWAY FROM YOU, you don't know GOD.!

Obey Jesus Christ