My convictions of my faith in Christ.

eider

You are looking at things totally differently to me, I'm talking about God's people, I don't believe that it's right for those born of God, to bare arms and go out purposely to war against and kill others. That's totally different to defending your family at that moment.

I wouldn't learn how to use a gun, I wouldn't even want to hold one. Do you think that you could pick up a gun and murder someone who has done nothing to you? Someone you are commanded to kill?

In war, many of those who fight are young men and women, could you pick up a gun and kill a teenager, a youngster who has done nothing to you, his crime, is that he is in another army being told to kill others as you are. I don't think that I could ever do that.

My grandfather was in world war two, his brother was killed in Dunkirk, he told me the horrors of war. And some of my family are from Belfast, I spent many weeks, over different years there as a child in the 70s at the height of the troubles, living there for a time, I have seen first hand what war does, and what hatred is like. I've seen things that a child should never see. And it's made me realise, that hatred and war and fighting are wrong, and I truly believe that it is wrong before God for God's people to enter into such things.

Ah ha! You're a Brit? I'm in Kent. Which is your county?
I was in Guildford, Surrey, when the Guildford Pub Bomb exploded, I lived in Austin Road, and was walking into the City and felt the blast, heard the explosion. We certainly learned how Christians can hate Christians back then.

I went over to Belfast back in 2003 and wandered around the Falls Road area, photographing the Murals. The utmost hero down there was Bobby Sands, and his ultimate fight was a hunger strike to death. So he lived up to your beliefs whilst making his stand for his justice.

I do like reading your posts......

eider

You really are blind.

Probably.
And I presume that you think you are 20/20 vision, eh?

If Godliness is love, then you're in trouble, mate.
Don't take it from me, take it from Jesus...

Matthew {5:43} Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. {5:44} But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; {5:45} That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. {5:46} For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye?

Right Divider

Body part
Why won't you prove it like I asked? Tell me do we have to obey anything that Jesus commands in the four books? You do not answer because you know you do not believe we have to obey anything that Jesus says in the four books. If you believe we do then say it.
We should obey everything that God wants us to obey for TODAY.

BUT... that is NOT how one receives eternal life.

Jesus told the twelve to obey the law of Moses and to teach others to do the same.

Right Divider

Body part
Probably.
And I presume that you think you are 20/20 vision, eh?
Compared to you, sure.

If Godliness is love, then you're in trouble, mate.
Don't take it from me, take it from Jesus...

Matthew {5:43} Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. {5:44} But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; {5:45} That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. {5:46} For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye?
Out of context quoting will get you nowhere.

I seems that you think that love is just that warm fuzzy feeling all over.

Love is telling the TRUTH, even if it hurts.

eider

Did I mention the police? Over here our police don't have guns, I think you can be in the police service without having to kill.

Well said! :)
Police Constable Keith Palmer, guarding a main entrance to the Houses of Parliament, London, went forward unarmed, to stop an armed terrorist. Most sadly he died from the injuries that he received.

I would not wish for anybody to run to their deaths, but a true Christian would not fear death, surely? I once read that a true Christian would love the person who sent them on to heaven..... quote an interesting mindset, I think?

eider

Compared to you, sure.
Proud boasts?

Out of context quoting will get you nowhere.
The words of Jesus are a good fit.... anywhere!

I seems that you think that love is just that warm fuzzy feeling all over.
You have no idea about what I think.

Love is telling the TRUTH, even if it hurts.
You do not write as if you have any love, nor any truth to offer.

I forget, but I don't think that you have shown your faith, a Creed..... Credo! A belief?
I don't think that you have shown exactly what your Faith or Certitude is....?
If you don't know what you believe then you cannot point the way for others..... ?

God's Truth

Why do you use the hypothetical "if" ( if a man came into...) It must be because you think that the Almighty wishes to bring evil upon you. Do you think, for a single second, that a weapon could protect you or your family if He did?

You have a dread or fear of evil and the scripture says, "What the wicked dreads will come to him,"...

You speak so much nonsense and prove you have no understanding of any of God's words.

God's Truth

We should obey everything that God wants us to obey for TODAY.

BUT... that is NOT how one receives eternal life.

Jesus told the twelve to obey the law of Moses and to teach others to do the same.

You are not answering the question and you know it.

Now tell me what Jesus commanded when he walked the earth that you claim we must obey.

I hope you do prove me wrong and start preaching we have to obey Jesus' teachings.

So what do we have to obey?

Truster

You speak so much nonsense and prove you have no understanding of any of God's words.

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of Elohim: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You call it nonsense the scriptures call it foolishness...same thing really.

Right Divider

Body part
Proud boasts?
Nope.

The words of Jesus are a good fit.... anywhere!
Matt 16:20 (AKJV/PCE)
(16:20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

You have no idea about what I think.
Ok

You do not write as if you have any love, nor any truth to offer.
Don't tell me what to do.

I forget, but I don't think that you have shown your faith, a Creed..... Credo! A belief?
I don't think that you have shown exactly what your Faith or Certitude is....?
If you don't know what you believe then you cannot point the way for others..... ?
I love a false conclusion based on a false premise as much as anyone.

God's Truth

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of Elohim: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

You call it nonsense the scriptures call it foolishness...same thing really.

The natural man is about a man who lives only to please his flesh.

Those are the people who cannot please God.

Those are the people who do not have faith.

We are flesh and spirit.

Not all only live to please their flesh, some are more spiritual and want more out of life.

Now give the scripture that says God saves those who do not believe.

Truster

The natural man is about a man who lives only to please his flesh.

Those are the people who cannot please God.

Those are the people who do not have faith.

We are flesh and spirit.

Not all only live to please their flesh, some are more spiritual and want more out of life.

Now give the scripture that says God saves those who do not believe.

The natural man is the man who is still in Adam and that is where you are. Unredeemed, unregenerate and unrepentant.

God's Truth

Well said! :)
Police Constable Keith Palmer, guarding a main entrance to the Houses of Parliament, London, went forward unarmed, to stop an armed terrorist. Most sadly he died from the injuries that he received.

I would not wish for anybody to run to their deaths, but a true Christian would not fear death, surely? I once read that a true Christian would love the person who sent them on to heaven..... quote an interesting mindset, I think?

There are special police in your country who do use firearms. As for the unarmed man trying to stop the terrorist, what makes you think he did not use force to try to stop him? What marhig is saying is ridiculous. She would use violence to protect her family but she doesn't want our government to have people trained to protect us. She also claims that no Christian should be a police officer or soldier. What nonsense. I even give her scriptures that say God ordained such government rulings, but she still goes against it.

God's Truth

The natural man is the man who is still in Adam and that is where you are. Unredeemed, unregenerate and unrepentant.

Here is another scripture you will never ever be able to find because your beliefs are not from God---give the scripture that says no one can believe in God after learning of Him.