Is God going to come and kill the JWs?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The only person talking about God destroying everyone is KR....and of course meshak and L.A and other Unitarians

...THAT is what I wanted to bring to light

genuineoriginal

Yes, God made Jesus both Lord and Christ.

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

LA

God came as a Man. God did not make a man God.
You don't like when the scripture says the opposite of what you want to believe?

Maybe you just think Jesus was mistaken when He said this?

John 8:42
42 Jesus said unto them, [JESUS]If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.[/JESUS]​

genuineoriginal

Babylon is not the church or a church
Correct.
Calling Mystery Babylon the church started with the Reformation against the Roman Catholic church.
Some denominations go even farther with that and call the Roman Catholic church the mother of harlots and the Protestant denominations the harlots that the Roman Catholic church is the mother of.
Babylon is the great endtime political and military world empire headed by Antichrist.
Not quite.
Babylon is a city that sits on a beast.
In prophecy, a beast is an empire, so Babylon is not the empire, the beast is the empire.

Babylon has a special meaning to the Jewish Christians of the first century.
The first exile was the Babylonian exile.
The Jews were told to buy homes and settle down in the exile in Babylon.
Even after Jews returned to Judaea, Babylon existed as a center for Jewish people in the exile.
From this, the meaning of Babylon in Revelation refers to the center for Jewish people in the second exile that began in 70 CE.

genuineoriginal

Babylon is a city that sits on a beast.
In prophecy, a beast is an empire, so Babylon is not the empire, the beast is the empire.

Totton Linnet said:
:wave2: hi Gen...I hold that the city is the harlot "i sit a queen...etc"
Mystery Babylon is a city in the same manner that Aholah and Aholibah are cities.

Ezekiel 23:4-5
4 And the names of them were Aholah the elder, and Aholibah her sister: and they were mine, and they bare sons and daughters. Thus were their names; Samaria is Aholah, and Jerusalem Aholibah.
5 And Aholah played the harlot when she was mine; and she doted on her lovers, on the Assyrians her neighbours,​

Aholah represents Samaria, which was the city that ruled the 10 tribes of the House of Israel.
Aholibah represents Jerusalem, which was the city that ruled the 2 tribes of the House of Judah.

Mystery Babylon is a city and is the whore in the same way that Jerusalem and Samaria were cities and whores.
The destruction that comes on Mystery Babylon will come on a city, not on the entire empire.

God's Truth

I only have two people on ignore...you are one....ignore means I have no intention or desire to engage with, it means I believe you are a complete waste of time....I read your post while I was offline and replied to it.....think yourself priviledged

What else do you got to say? You do not have truth, all you have are personal attacks.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Babylon the Great IS "the Harlot." How can it destroy itself?

The harlot of Rev ch 17 is not Babylon.

The ten kings are the Babylon of Daniel.

The Harlot is/are the religions pretending to be of God, the Dragon of Rev.ch 12 and the persecuters of unsealed believers of Rev.ch 9. all of whom are destroyed by the ten kings in Trumpet 6.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If God made Jesus to be God, then Jesus could not be equal to God. The MAKER is always superior to the thing made.

Have you missed the plethora of scriptures showing Jesus to be subordinate to God?

John 5:19,30; John 6:38; John 8:28,29; John 12:49,50; John 14:24,28; John 17:3; John 20:17

Will you bother to look them up?

You are talking to a non-trintarian who is not a JW.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That doesn't say that God made Jesus GOD. "Lord and Christ" is not GOD.

Lord and Christ means the same thing as---

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

and as--

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

and as --

Psa 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,
Psa 2:3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
Psa 2:4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.
Psa 2:5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.
Psa 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

Acts 2 shows that Christ is seated in Heaven on the Throne of David , the type of the Heavenly Throne.

The word "God" is used in various ways to show the Heavenly authority, not always the creator.

LA

KingdomRose

That's not what your teachers said.
"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a*united organization*under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil."-- September 1, 1989 Watchtower, p. 19

That does not conflict with what I said, if you'd be so kind as to read what I said again.

KingdomRose

so everyone who HAS heard the gospel and did not become a JW is to be destroyed, so what I have said is totally spot on, you believe God is going to destroy the christian church.

And you are wrong the nations do not destroy Babylon, Babylon is destroyed by a great angel hurling a rock upon it, the harlot is not Babylon she is the false church.

Tell us how you worship the Father...do you know what He is like, His shape? nobody has ever seen Him to be able to worship Him. All we know about Him is revealed through Christ.

No, not everyone who HAS heard the Gospel and has not become a worshipper of Jehovah will be destroyed. Sometimes it takes a long time for a person to assimilate the Scriptures and make up their mind. One brother once said, "We will undoubtedly be amazed at the amount of MERCY that Jehovah shows to people of the world." He only will destroy those ones who are so evil they will not change.

Can't you see that Babylon the Great is the Harlot? How can she destroy herself? And yes, you are correct that the Bible says that an angel pitched a rock into the sea and said that Babylon will go down like that. The angel doesn't himself destroy Babylon. Also, I don't understand how you can say that Babylon the Great and the Harlot are two different entities.

We worship the Father by faith and not by sight. (2 Corinthians 5:7) Our faith is based on Christ's teachings. He certainly did reveal the Father. (John 1:18)

KingdomRose

You teach nonsense

You believe the judgement after the thousand year reign and overlook the fact that the saints have reigned with Christ for those thousand years....so how are they not already in possession of eternal life?

THEY ARE. I never said they didn't already possess it.

KingdomRose

Jehovah's Witnesses came into being thousands of years ago, starting with the nation of Israel itself. (Isaiah 43:10)

Then the Christian congregation became that special people, as Jesus and Peter taught. (Matthew 21:43; Matthew 23:37,38; I Peter 2:9,10)

Jehovah's Witnesses today go back to Jesus and the Apostles' original teachings. We are not a new religion. The apostate Catholic Church is newer than we are.

KingdomRose

The only person talking about God destroying everyone is KR....and of course meshak and L.A and other Unitarians

...THAT is what I wanted to bring to light

No, the only one here who is talking about everyone being destroyed is YOU. Show me where I have said this in my posts.

Another one of your lies.

6days

No.... Don't they believe in at least two gods? They think Jesus was a god. They think Jesus was a god that was with God. (Their mistranslation of John 1)

truthjourney

You must be*part of Jehovah's*organization, doing God's will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life."--You Can Live Forever book p. 255

"Unless we are in touch with*this channel of communication*that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do."-- December 1, 1981 Watchtower, p. 27

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a*united organization*under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil."-- September 1, 1989 Watchtower, p. 19
That does not conflict with what I said, if you'd be so kind as to read what I said again.
I read what you said and I read what your teachers said. We do not have to be a JW or a part of that organization to receive everlasting life. We do not have to go through the Watchtower Society to progress on the road to life. They are not the only channel of communication that God is using. We do not have to be a JW or a part of that organization to survive Armageddon. Salvation does not depend on following and obeying the Watchtower Society.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The JW's religion is based on the idea that there are no spiritual gifts available today, and no need for 1 Cor.ch 14, the same as the Madists religion.

LA

truthjourney

The JW's religion is based on the idea that there are no spiritual gifts available today, and no need for 1 Cor.ch 14, the same as the Madists religion.

LA
This is what it's based on.

The parable of the faithful and discreet slave is used by the Watchtower Governing Body to justify that they have been appointed by God to lead his people, since 1919. This is used to justify that salvation depends on following them.

Matthew*24:45-47 "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave*whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings."

Luke*12:42-44 "And the Lord said: “Who really is the faithful steward, the discreet one, whom his master will appoint over his body of attendants to keep giving them their measure of food supplies at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so! I tell you truthfully, he will appoint him over all his belongings."

This simple parable defines Jehovah's Witnesses. Jesus' question is fundamental to the existence and structure of the religion and is its foundation Scripture. From it extends the concept that in 1919 God chose the leaders of the Watchtower Society as his sole source of truth and henceforth justify why Jehovah's Witnesses need to submit unquestioningly to the Watchtower Governing Body, in order to have a relationship with God and for salvation.

"That faithful slave is the channel through which Jesus is feeding his true followers in this time of the end. It is vital that we recognize the faithful slave. Our spiritual health and our relationship with God depend on this channel."Watchtower*2013 Jul 15 p.20

"“The faithful and discreet slave” was appointed over Jesus’ domestics in 1919. That slave is the small, composite group of anointed brothers serving at world headquarters during Christ’s presence who are directly involved in preparing and dispensing spiritual food. When this group work together as the Governing Body, they act as “the faithful and discreet slave.”"*jw.org 10th Nov 2012

"We need to obey the faithful and discreet slave to have Jehovah’s approval."Watchtower*2011 Jul 15 p.24 Simplified English Edition

"Since Jehovah God and Jesus Christ completely trust the faithful and discreet slave, should we not do the same?"Watchtower*2009 Feb 15 p.27

"[A mature christian] does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and "the faithful and discreet slave."Watchtower*2001 Aug 1 p.14

"... show respect for the “faithful and discreet slave” that He is using at the present time. Actually, your very life depends on following this course of action. Remember, too, it is only he that endures to the end that will be saved."Watchtower*1964 Jul 15 p.435

"To act consistently with our baptism for life and into the Greater Noah we must submit to and cooperate with that slave and its legal instrument, the Watch Tower Society."Watchtower*1959 Oct 1 p.583

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/faithful-discreet-slave.php

Last edited:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No, not everyone who HAS heard the Gospel and has not become a worshipper of Jehovah will be destroyed. Sometimes it takes a long time for a person to assimilate the Scriptures and make up their mind. One brother once said, "We will undoubtedly be amazed at the amount of MERCY that Jehovah shows to people of the world." He only will destroy those ones who are so evil they will not change.

Can't you see that Babylon the Great is the Harlot? How can she destroy herself? And yes, you are correct that the Bible says that an angel pitched a rock into the sea and said that Babylon will go down like that. The angel doesn't himself destroy Babylon. Also, I don't understand how you can say that Babylon the Great and the Harlot are two different entities.

We worship the Father by faith and not by sight. (2 Corinthians 5:7) Our faith is based on Christ's teachings. He certainly did reveal the Father. (John 1:18)

You do not understand the scriptures half as well as you think you do....you need to study outside the JW prism

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
To clarify what JWs teach, as of 2016, we believe that all people who receive eternal life (at the end of the Thousand-Year Reign of Christ) will be people who accept Jehovah as the rightful Sovereign and want to live by His stipulations. Adam would still be alive if he listened to Jehovah and obeyed a simple command not to eat off one tree. Jehovah's stipulations are not unfair or burdensome. (I John 5:3)

This is not unreasonable, since the whole Bible is the Word of God---Jehovah---and Jesus defended Jehovah and prayed to Him and taught the things Jehovah told him to say. So all people on the earth and the angels in heaven will one day love Jehovah as their Sovereign.

That doesn't mean that everyone who is not a Jehovah's Witness will die at Armageddon. There are many who have not heard the Gospel, and there are many innocent children and people who are mentally challenged. None of them will be destroyed.

You wobble all over the place

according to this nobody receives eternal life till after the 1,000 years, the bible teaches that the church is to reign with Christ those 1,000 years so do they do have eternal life or do they don't?

The 1,000 years begins AFTER we are gathered to meet the Lord in the clouds "so shall we ever be with the Lord" That is all who sleep in Christ and all who are alive and remain...the whole church.

You go back and forth ...here you say all who have heard the gospel [by which you mean the church] who will not change will be destroyed.

What a mess this patched up religion is

It has only been around for 200 or so years yet they suppose only they are the ones....then when they are challenged they backtrack.....Once they used to teach that only 144,000 JWs would be saved...they have backtracked on that one too. It is all mish mash and patches