ECT How is Paul's message different?

Right Divider

Body part
One, thankfully we have a bible that contains more of God's revelation than these two speeches.

Two, Peter's speech at Pentecost offered the forgiveness of sins to the repentant.

On what basis does that forgiveness come?

:think:
Repent and be baptized, just like John the baptizer said. Nothing new here.

So you think that the disciples of John knew more about who Jesus was than the disciples of Jesus (John 1:29)?
John 1:29 does NOT mentioned death for sin, you know that from Paul.

john w

Hall of Fame
Repent and be baptized, just like John the baptizer said. Nothing new here.

John 1:29 does NOT mentioned death for sin, you know that from Paul.

One more tme, to clear up this John 1:29 KJV stumper, that the drones shout, "See!!!! The Baptist knew!!!"

John 1 KJV

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world

That has NADA to do with a sin offering, drones-it was a reference to carrying away our griefs, burdens-NADA to do with dying for our sins. John the Baptist had no clue that the Lord Jesus Christ would die for our sins.

As others have been shown, chapter and verse, no one knew at that time that Christ was going to be put to death. The 11 were clueless. John the Baptist was clueless, witness his puzzlement that he was in prison, and his message to the Lord. "What the heck is happening?". He was expecting the warrior King Messiah, not a suffering servant. It was not until the Sanhedrin declared the Lord Jesus Christ's destruction(Mt. 12:32 KJV), that the Lord Jesus Christ revealed that He was going to die. Again, the 11 were clueless. Everyone was. The passover lamb did not represent "bearing sin," and a lamb was never the sin offering victim. Nor was it "the sin of the world" that the scapegoat bore away-it was the sins of Israel, per Lev. 16:21 KJV. The "bearing of the sin of the world" is not a reference to, a prophecy, pointing to Calvary, but a revelation of what the Lord Jesus Christ was during His earthly ministry. "taketh away"-taking up and carrying burdens, not a "sacrificial" term here.

His earthly ministry-sin bearer, in the sense of taking up and carrying burdens-his groans and tears at the grave of his friend Lazarus....He took up and bore the burden of human sin; not, during His earthly life as to guilt(that was not until Calvary), but as to sufferings and sorrows it brought upon all of mankind:

Is. 53:7 KJV
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

No sacrificial language is intended here, as slaughter merely means "shambles," as it foretold of the Christ's earthly life of "humbling Himself", and suffering.

achduke

One more tme, to clear up this John 1:29 KJV stumper, that the drones shout, "See!!!! The Baptist knew!!!"

John 1 KJV

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world

That has NADA to do with a sin offering, drones-it was a reference to carrying away our griefs, burdens-NADA to do with dying for our sins. John the Baptist had no clue that the Lord Jesus Christ would die for our sins.

As others have been shown, chapter and verse, no one knew at that time that Christ was going to be put to death. The 11 were clueless. John the Baptist was clueless, witness his puzzlement that he was in prison, and his message to the Lord. "What the heck is happening?". He was expecting the warrior King Messiah, not a suffering servant. It was not until the Sanhedrin declared the Lord Jesus Christ's destruction(Mt. 12:32 KJV), that the Lord Jesus Christ revealed that He was going to die. Again, the 11 were clueless. Everyone was. The passover lamb did not represent "bearing sin," and a lamb was never the sin offering victim. Nor was it "the sin of the world" that the scapegoat bore away-it was the sins of Israel, per Lev. 16:21 KJV. The "bearing of the sin of the world" is not a reference to, a prophecy, pointing to Calvary, but a revelation of what the Lord Jesus Christ was during His earthly ministry. "taketh away"-taking up and carrying burdens, not a "sacrificial" term here.

His earthly ministry-sin bearer, in the sense of taking up and carrying burdens-his groans and tears at the grave of his friend Lazarus....He took up and bore the burden of human sin; not, during His earthly life as to guilt(that was not until Calvary), but as to sufferings and sorrows it brought upon all of mankind:

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

No sacrificial language is intended here, as slaughter merely means "shambles," as it foretold of the Christ's earthly life of "humbling Himself", and suffering.

He was cut off from the living and bore the sin of many.

Isaiah 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment, and who will declare His generation? For He was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgressions of My people He was stricken.

Isaiah 53:12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, and He shall divide the spoil with the strong, because He poured out His soul unto death, and He was numbered with the transgressors, and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

john w

Hall of Fame

Isaiah 53:8 He was taken from prison and from judgment, and who will declare His generation? For He was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgressions of My people He was stricken.

Isaiah 53:12 Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, and He shall divide the spoil with the strong, because He poured out His soul unto death, and He was numbered with the transgressors, and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Translated: Assert, pound the podium, declare, "Victory!," return to "It all says the same thing....One piece of good news in the book....That is what I was always taught...." echo chamber.

Pay attention:

achduke is marked as another drone, who loves the "beatification" of Judas, now "saint Judas," asserting that Judas preached the good news that Christ did for our sins, was raised, believe it to be saved-the 1 Cor. 15:1-5 KJV.

john w

Hall of Fame

Translated: Assert, pound the podium, declare, "Victory!," return to "It all says the same thing....One piece of good news in the book....That is what I was always taught...." echo chamber.

Pay attention-the John 1:29 KJV passage looks to...

...not Isaiah 53:8-12 KJV.

achduke is marked as another drone, who loves the "beatification" of Judas, now "saint Judas," asserting that Judas preached the good news that Christ did for our sins, was raised, believe it to be saved-the 1 Cor. 15:1-5 KJV.

john w

Hall of Fame
Anyone familiar with the sacrificial system knew that the lamb died in order to atone for sin.

Made up. The passover lamb did not represent "bearing sin," and a lamb was never the sin offering victim. Nor was it "the sin of the world" that the scapegoat bore away-it was the sins of Israel, per Lev. 16:21 KJV

achduke

Pay attention-the John 1:29 KJV passage looks to...

...not Isaiah 53:8-12 KJV.

No one talks about Judas other than you. You obviously idolize him. I must say your messages are full of noise and are of no value. If indeed you do have some intelligence in your conversations I have yet to see any other than trying to be the MAD hero (** cough cough **) bully and verbally throw people around.

Why don't you try and add to the conversation.

Cross Reference

No one talks about Judas other than you. You obviously idolize him. I must say your messages are full of noise and are of no value. If indeed you do have some intelligence in your conversations I have yet to see any other than trying to be the MAD hero (** cough cough **) bully and verbally throw people around.

Why don't you try and add to the conversation

JW Dipstick fits the crowd who would say in reply to you: "I've mind to do just that". Any hesitation in performing from him is, a no brainer. He has no mind.

john w

Hall of Fame
No one talks about Judas other than you. You obviously idolize him.

Nope. Your "argument necessitates Judas preaching the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, equating that good news, with "the gospel(good news) of the kingdom."

You do know, that Judas preached "the gospel(good news) of the kingdom," do you not?

I must say your messages are full of noise and are of no value.

1.You must? Oh. Who made you say that?

2. Obviously, most disagree with your talk show opinion, Oprah. Check out my page, the # of visitors, and "ask your friends in the TOL neighborhood about me. They'll tell you I know how to return a favor."-Don John W

3. Don't read them. Pretty brilliant on my part, don't you think?

If you do have some intelligence in your conversations I have yet to see any other than trying to be the MAD hero (** cough cough **) bully and verbally throw people around.

Nice sound byte, emotional appeal, Archie. I'm one of the most respected, and humble, ombres on TOL. Many/(most?) don't dig my style, but respect my biblical greatness, but, like the Lord Jesus Christ, he treated the woman at the well in John 4, much different than Nic a chapter earlier, or the Pharisees, and vipers, and hypocrites, and money changers, whom he drove out with a whip.

Why don't you try and add to the conversation.

Why don't you try and give me a better sound byte/cliche, and learn to rightly divide the word of truth.

Dig?

No charge for that.

john w

Hall of Fame
JW Dipstick fits the crowd who would say in reply to you: "I've mind to do just that". Any hesitation in performing from him is, a no brainer. He has no mind.

Another TOL member spamming a cliche, in hopes of drawing me out, clamoring for my attention, in hope of increasing their visibility.

I feel so cheap.

Not now, Crosswits-I told you to take your seat. I may recognize you in a spell.

Right Divider

Body part
Why does repentance result in forgiveness?

:think:
THAT repentance was about Israel turning back to God and doing their job.

Repent is not some word with a single solitary meaning. It's always about repenting about something.
G3340

μετανοέω
metanoeō
met-an-o-eh'-o
From G3326 and G3539; to think differently or afterwards, that is, reconsider (morally to feel compunction): - repent.
Total KJV occurrences: 34
Like in the case of Acts 2, they were to repent of having denied Jesus Christ and having Him killed.
Act 2:22-24 KJV Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: (23) Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: (24) Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Act 2:36-39 KJV Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. (37) Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? (38) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (39) For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
When they were told of THEIR murder of Jesus Christ, they were pricked in their heart and told to repent of that murder and denial and be baptized. Just exactly like JTB told then a few year earlier (Mark 1:4, Luke 3:3), apart from the murder part.

Anyone familiar with the sacrificial system knew that the lamb died in order to atone for sin.
Lev 16:10 KJV But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.

Cross Reference

Another TOL member spamming a cliche, in hopes of drawing me out, clamoring for my attention, in hope of increasing their visibility.

I feel so cheap.

Not now, Crosswits-I told you to take your seat. I may recognize you in a spell.
You have no mind. As a consequent you have no eyesight either. I would suggest you remain in your shell where there is more than ample room for your mouth to feed upon itself, hot air being all there is. How great can hot air be unless there is a smell attached to it, like an upper lip?

john w

Hall of Fame
THAT repentance was about Israel turning back to God and doing their job.

Repent is not some word with a single solitary meaning. It's always about repenting about something.
G3340

μετανοέω
metanoeō
met-an-o-eh'-o
From G3326 and G3539; to think differently or afterwards, that is, reconsider (morally to feel compunction): - repent.
Total KJV occurrences: 34
Like in the case of Acts 2, they were to repent of having denied Jesus Christ and having Him killed.
Act 2:22-24 KJV Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: (23) Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: (24) Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Act 2:36-39 KJV Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. (37) Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? (38) Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (39) For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
When they were told of THEIR murder of Jesus Christ, they were pricked in their heart and told to repent of that murder and denial and be baptized. Just exactly like JTB told then a few year earlier (Mark 1:4, Luke 3:3), apart from the murder part.

Lev 16:10 KJV But the goat, on which the lot fell to be the scapegoat, shall be presented alive before the LORD, to make an atonement with him, and to let him go for a scapegoat into the wilderness.

And Judas repented, RD.