The real book on Christianity.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
...Christianity can't disown Catholicism until it changes its whole religion.

Actually, Christianity is a form of the Hebrew religion with circumcision of one's spirit instead of the flesh. The flesh profits nothing and this has been clearly demonstrated by human history.

That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as the seed. (Romans 9:8 NKJV)​

Mickiel

No way. Catholicism is an updated version of the ancient Egyptian religion. There is even an obelisk in St. Peter's square to identify its worship of the sun.

Oh no, Catholicism came from the first church of God established through Peter in Antioch, and spread through out Rome. Catholicism is the first stage of perversion that evolved from the original church of God. The true church of God, after its apostles died off, began to assimulate into itself many different new members, who had pagan origins. That eventually led to God's true church, becoming the Catholic church. All the other present stages of Christianity, simply are branches of that Catholic church in history. They came out of the Catholic church.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Some Christians tickle me, the way they try to divorce their religion from Catholicism.

lips.gif
Divorce
mousy.gif
the hoe :eek:linger: or share in her sins (Ezra 10:1–16, Re 17:5, 18:4). :granite:

See:

No Idolatry & False Teaching

”Back When Tim McGraw With Lyrics"

Mickiel

When you see stained glass windows and statues in a Christian church, guess where they got that from; Catholicism! When you see two Christians getting married, and a ring being placed on a finger, guess where that came from; Catholicism.

Step outside of any Christian church building, and look at the architecture, guess where it came from; Catholicism.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That eventually led to God's true church, becoming the Catholic church.

Not true. Jesus said the gates of hades would not prevail against his ecclesia.

And I also say to you that you are peter and on this rock I will build My church and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. (Matthew 16:18 NKJV)​

The word "peter" is a Hebrew word referring to the Father's firstborn.

The "rock" is the truth that Jesus is the Son of the living God.

The teachings of the NT church of God are in no way related to Catholicism.

Mickiel

Not true. Jesus said the gates of hades would not prevail against his ecclesia.

And I also say to you that you are peter and on this rock I will build My church and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. (Matthew 16:18 NKJV)​

The word "peter" is a Hebrew word referring to the Father's firstborn.

The "rock" is the truth that Jesus is the Son of the living God.

The teachings of the NT church of God are in no way related to Catholicism.

I know this is what you believe, and what you been taught, and what you want others to believe, but the bible and history is teaching something far different. Revelations the 2nd and 3rd chapters reveal Jesus showing how different stages or eras of HIS churches have been deceived.

The first of those stages was the church at Ephesus, the stage right after the apostles died off; Rev. 2:4, Jesus speaking; " I have something AGAINST you!" The church in Smyrna is having trouble with satan, in 2:10 he is throwing some of the members in prison, in vs. 9 a " Church of satan" has infiltrated them. The church in Pegamos in verse 14, " I have a few things against you." In verse 15, I am stunned by what Christ tells his church here;"They are holding to doctrines that he HATES!" This is bible! This is not Christian speak. You can't protect your church from the truth.

In verse 20, Jesus has things against his church in Thyatira. In 3:20 Jesus is standing OUTSIDE of HIS church in Laodicea, knocking, trying to get in, and this is the final stage or era of GOD'S church!

Why should I listen to what you are saying, when I can read the truth for myself.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"When you see stained glass windows and statues in a Christian church, guess where they got that from; Catholicism!"
:eek:linger: Stained glass windows :idunno: eternal life :poly: Jn 14:6

"When you see two Christians getting married, and a ring being placed on a finger, guess where that came from; Catholicism."
Marriage was instituted by God (Gen. 2:18–24).

"Step outside of any Christian church building, and look at the architecture, guess where it came from; Catholicism."
My last church was a grocery store. :juggle: Mt 18:20

Mickiel

serpentdove;4596560 My last church was a grocery store. :juggle: Mt 18:20[/QUOTE said:
In the United States alone, real estate owned by institutional churches today is worth over 230 billion. There is an estimated between 50-60 billion tithed to churches annually. That grocery store image is a small percentage, the church is rich and getting richer off its people.

The same old message is; Contemporary Christians are spending an astronomical amount of money on their buildings; the spirit of Constantine is still living and breathing! 1,700 years have past, and the church is still building. Early believers turned the world upside down without buildings, Acts 17:6.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Revelations the 2nd and 3rd chapters reveal Jesus showing how different stages or eras of HIS churches have been deceived.

I don't subscribe to the theory of church eras. The Revelation of Jesus Christ is prophetic, not historical.

Jesus had nothing negative to say about the Smyrna type congregations nor the Philadelphia type congregations.

I am well aware of the Nicolaitan doctrine which is alive and well.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"That grocery store image is a small percentage, the church is rich and getting richer off its people."
:eek:linger: Don't confuse Christ's church :straight: with that brothel
mousy.gif
called the Vatican (Re 17:5). :dizzy:

"Contemporary Christians are spending an astronomical amount of money on their buildings..."
Buildings are buildings. :plain: Believers are the church. :dizzy: When we :straight: leave the building,
elvis.gif
it is no longer a church (Eph. 4:12).
"...[T]he spirit of Constantine is still living and breathing!"
The daughter of Edom :eek:linger: will be judged soon :burnlib: (Is. 34:5, 6). :popcorn:

Mickiel

I don't subscribe to the theory of church eras. The Revelation of Jesus Christ is prophetic, not historical.

Jesus had nothing negative to say about the Smyrna type congregations nor the Philadelphia type congregations.

I am well aware of the Nicolaitan doctrine which is alive and well.

Its not theory, its plain bible verse; and the revelation of Jesus, in my view, is both prophetic and historical , that cannot be separated, they are nearly the same thing. And no, Jesus had nothing negative to say about 2 churches out of 7; but that's a shame, it does not look good. 2 out of 7. But its a real look at HIS churches, and its dealing in reality, its not sticking your head in the sand, and thinking everything with the churches of God are just fine and dandy, when the word of God reveals it is not.

The Laodicea era is a real church of God, and its the church in the last days. Its the final stage of the church of God, and it looks BAD! Jesus is standing at its door and knocking, meaning he is not even IN these people of his. They are in such bad shape, they have locked Jesus himself out. They are a prosperity church for sure, in Rev. 3:17-18, that can be clearly seen. They , and their leaders, are into " Increase!"

Jesus describes HIS church with a pitiful look at how bad they have become; He called them wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked! This IS a church of God! This IS Jesus church!

And they are seriously messed up, just like they are now. And NONE of them can see this. Because they are blind.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Its not theory, its plain bible verse; and the revelation of Jesus, in my view, is both prophetic and historical...

Well, you have your opinion and Jesus has his opinion.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place.
(Revelation 1:1 NKJV)​

Things that are to take place are prophetic, meaning they have not yet taken place.

The word "shortly" means the events of the Day of the Lord will take place in a brief span of time, i.e., quickly.

Mickiel

Well, you have your opinion and Jesus has his opinion.

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place.
(Revelation 1:1 NKJV)​

Things that are to take place are prophetic, meaning they have not yet taken place.

The word "shortly" means the events of the Day of the Lord will take place in a brief span of time, i.e., quickly.

Well when those things were first written, only the first stage of the church had happened, the other 6 stages had not happened, so they were yet to come, yes. But now is a totally different story, we are perhaps either nearing the 6th stage and era of God's church, or we are in it, one or the other, in my view. I even think the seed of the Laodicean church is already planted, I think some of them may be alive now! We are living in Jesus prophecy now! He has things against his churches now! The hellish doctrine I know he is against, and its all in his church.

There is so much deception in Christianity, I can hardly keep up with it; and if you bring this up to ANY one of them, you may as well be talking to a brick wall.

Mickiel

Why do you refer to the Laodicean congregation as an era?

By era I mean a geologic time frame; or you can say, " A particular date." A date in our time or a time to come. An era can also be a phase; a serious thing a church is going through, no matter what time that church exist in.

fzappa13

Trinitarianism was introduced into Christianity by the Catholics, not the other way around.

I think the better choice of terms here might be Tritheism and said notion did predate Christ's ministry by a goodly amount, no doubt. I hesitate to offer Hislop's tome "The Two Babylons" because of it's virulent anti-Catholicism but it is as good a starting point as I have run across concerning the subject of Tritheism.

If you're interested in a take on the subject on this website some fairly clever lads had a go at it here :

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74351

Not being a traditional Trinitarian I stayed out of the fray for the most part out of respect but I found the exchange illuminating as it concerned the subject from a "Trinitarian" point of view. I put the term "Trinitarian" in quotes for reasons that should become clear should you choose to review the thread.