ECT Who is responsible for "dying to self"?

marhig

Thank you for the verses LA.

Step #1, you must come through the blood. God said, 'When I see the blood...' I will pass over you (save you).

Romans 5:10 is not speaking of His perfect life, but rather the pouring out of His Life’s Blood at the Cross of Calvary.
So what is his blood on the doorposts of your heart then? Is that his natural blood or his life within you?

lifeisgood

Yes I do realise Jesus could have said no, but if he did say no, Satan would have overcome. But he didn't, because Jesus denied Satan completely and never sinned once and be denying him right to the end of his life Jesus overcame Satan and won him on his own ground. Jesus put God before himself and he completely obeyed God and did his will. Leaving us a perfect example to follow!

Philippians 2

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.*Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name

As I have said to you previously, Satan NEVER had any power over Christ Jesus. NOT one iota. You are giving Satan too much power saying that Satan had anything to do with Christ Jesus' mission.

lifeisgood

So what is his blood on the doorposts of your heart then? Is that his natural blood or his life within you?

It is His natural blood applied to the door posts of your heart.

Just like Jesus entered into heaven in order to cleanse and consecrate

“the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands” (Hebrews 9:11)

“the true tabernacle the Lord pitched and not man” (Hebrews 8:2).

Holy Scripture say that man has no communion with God, even in heaven, except in and through the BLOOD of the Lamb. His BLOOD is the instrument of the expiation and purification of all things, including “heaven itself” (Hebrews 9:24).

Christ Jesus' priestly service, commenced on Calvary, was perfected when, “not with the blood of goats and calves, but with his own blood he entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption” (Hebrews 9:12).

marhig

As I have said to you previously, Satan NEVER had any power over Christ Jesus. NOT one iota. You are giving Satan too much power saying that Satan had anything to do with Christ Jesus' mission.

No he didn't because Jesus never let him. There would have been no point in Satan tempting Jesus if he didn't have free will! Jesus even said that has a will but he didn't go by his will but Gods will.

Hebrews 4

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 2

For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

The father never left Jesus, he was with him always because he always did what pleased the father and God strengthened him, he was too strong for Satan! He overcame Satan with love!

John 8

that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.As he spake these words, many believed on him

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Jesus even said that has a will but he didn't go by his will but Gods will.

?????

The father never left Jesus, he was with him always because he always did what pleased the father and God strengthened him,

Agreed.

he was too strong for Satan!

Satan had nothing over Christ Jesus. Not one iota.

He overcame Satan with love!

Again, giving Satan too much power to Satan saying that Christ Jesus had to overcome Satan.

marhig

It is His natural blood applied to the door posts of your heart.

Just like Jesus entered into heaven in order to cleanse and consecrate

“the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands” (Hebrews 9:11)

“the true tabernacle the Lord pitched and not man” (Hebrews 8:2).

Holy Scripture say that man has no communion with God, even in heaven, except in and through the BLOOD of the Lamb. His BLOOD is the instrument of the expiation and purification of all things, including “heaven itself” (Hebrews 9:24).
I don't believe that it's Christ's natural blood that is within our hearts, but his life within that saves us, the destroyer can't enter in if the holy spirit is in us and we are covered by the life of Christ.

And we are a tabernacle made without hands by the holy spirit putting sin to death within our hearts, we must obey the spirit and deny ourselves to overcome. We are a tabernacle made without hands once we are born of the spirit and we then become a temple built by the holy spirit not by man.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I was cleaning someone's house, I picked up I dish rack just to check underneath, and it hadn't been cleaned and it didn't smell to good once I picked it up, but it looked ok on the outside. And I thought that it was like that because it wasn't being cleaned regularly. And I thought it's like us, we can go stagnant if we aren't being cleansed by rivers of living water. The spirit has to be moving through us to clean us and living within our hearts to keep us right. And if we are alive in the spirit and Christ and we are being cleansed daily, then God is creating a temple not made with the hand of man, but by the word of the living God within.

And I took this to myself, I know I'm nothing lifeisgood, and I still don't know why God looked at me. And I'll be blessed if I even get a foot in the door of heaven, because I know that I don't deserve it. But I do know that I have the spirit of God within my heart, because he's changed me so much. He's changed me to do the things that I would never do in my flesh and and I'm so grateful and I love God and Christ deeply! I've got a lot more to learn and God will give me understanding in his time, when he thinks I'm ready to know.

marhig

?????

Agreed.

Satan had nothing over Christ Jesus. Not one iota.

Again, giving Satan too much power to Satan saying that Christ Jesus had to overcome Satan.

I mean Jesus had a will, because he said to God not my will but thy will be done. And Jesus denied his will to do Gods will.

Can't you see that Jesus overcame Satan?

What do you think Jesus meant when he said I have overcome the world?

And this revelation 3

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Overcame what?

I'll have to answer anymore posts tomorrow, I'm off to bed, it's late here. Speak soon God willing.

Cross Reference

Yes, however, both pointing to the same event, the transformation of a sinner into a follower of Christ Jesus.

No so. Salvation is from something. Being born again is unto something. One you choose, the other Christ chooses. Both are self revealing. The one unto presumption, the other unto to love.

Cross Reference

Thank you for the verses LA.

Step #1, you must come through the blood. God said, 'When I see the blood...' I will pass over you (save you).

Romans 5:10 is not speaking of His perfect life, but rather the pouring out of His Life’s Blood at the Cross of Calvary.

Get off your soapbox, will you??!! Everybody understands what the blood accom[plished! You want it say more when it isn't necessary!

In a nutshell: The blood of Jesus Christ opened the way for everyone to have access to salvation; eternal access to God. The blood of Jesus Christ had to be sacrificed because no other blood either of man or beast could ever be acceptable. All blood had been tainted by Adam's transgression.

NOW, you need to get on with defining the "why" of what Jesus did when you say He did everything and when you do you just might understand it requires YOUR participation.

Cross Reference

No he didn't because Jesus never let him. There would have been no point in Satan tempting Jesus if he didn't have free will! Jesus even said that has a will but he didn't go by his will but Gods will.

Hebrews 4

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Hebrews 2

For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

All accurate.
The father never left Jesus, he was with him always because he always did what pleased the father and God strengthened him, he was too strong for Satan!

Yes God did everytime Jesus was tested/tempted. This was to prove Him. Read Matt 4:1-11 with that understanding and see that at the end, the "Angels came and ministered to Him". Then of course we have hear on the cross askking the the question: "My God, why have you forsaken me"??

He overcame Satan with love

Shown to whom?

John 8

that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.As he spake these words, many believed on him

Jesus lived by the written word of God to and understand His mission as revealed to Him by the Living Word WITHIN and OF Him.

lifeisgood

No so. Salvation is from something. Being born again is unto something. One you choose, the other Christ chooses. Both are self revealing. The one unto presumption, the other unto to love.

Agreed, however, both pointing to the same event, the transformation of a sinner into a follower of Christ Jesus.

lifeisgood

Get off your soapbox, will you??!! Everybody understands what the blood accom[plished! You want it say more when it isn't necessary!

In a nutshell: The blood of Jesus Christ opened the way for everyone to have access to salvation; eternal access to God. The blood of Jesus Christ had to be sacrificed because no other blood either of man or beast could ever be acceptable. All blood had been tainted by Adam's transgression.

Get off your soapbox, will you??!!

NOW, you need to get on with defining the "why" of what Jesus did when you say He did everything and when you do you just might understand it requires YOUR participation.

When the person says over and over and over and over that he/she does not believe in the blood (which above you say is necessary and you are correct) how can you do what you have requested?

You CR, simply ignore the person's rejection of the blood and simply moves on 'moving on in Christ'?

Can you teach me to converse with someone about moving on in Christ when the blood has been rejected by the person you are teaching to 'moving on in Christ'? I am always willing to learn a different method and incorporating how others converse with someone rejecting the blood.

lifeisgood

No. Because of Adam's transgression, the relationship of All mankind with God, spiritually speaking, was broken. That does not mean they were "spiritually dead" of themselves but limited to that of doing good works for His favor, salvation being but a promise..

God was also limited because He had to function from an outsiders position that continually looked for righteousness from man that he might find favor. So the scene is that of our soul now having access to the throne of God by redemption, that was blocked by the penalty of Adam's transgression, is now made open by our soul given over to Christ Jesus. . . and which He also now has access.

Soul of man <<<>>> man's spirit . . . Adam's BLOCKAGE . . . <<<Holy Spirit,<<<>>> Throne of God.

. .. . Problem solved by Jesus Christ.

I say 'spiritually dead'. You say 'spiritually speaking, was broken'. We are not, at least I am not, going to split hairs with you over 'words'.

In both words, Christ Jesus say, 'You have to be born again'. How does God saves a person? 'When I see the BLOOD...' I will pass over you (save you).

lifeisgood

I don't believe that it's Christ's natural blood that is within our hearts, but his life within that saves us, the destroyer can't enter in if the holy spirit is in us and we are covered by the life of Christ.

You have to be COVERED by the BLOOD of Christ to be able to receive Christ Jesus' life and you say that you don’t believe in Christ’s natural blood.

It is not I, lifeisgood, saying that; it is the Bible saying that, marhig, and you have rejected every single Scripture given that shows that without the BLOOD there is no remission of sin.

And we are a tabernacle made without hands by the holy spirit putting sin to death within our hearts, we must obey the spirit and deny ourselves to overcome. We are a tabernacle made without hands once we are born of the spirit and we then become a temple built by the holy spirit not by man.

"How much more shall the BLOOD of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?" (Hebrews 9:14)

You can reject that one also.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I was cleaning someone's house, I picked up I dish rack just to check underneath, and it hadn't been cleaned and it didn't smell to good once I picked it up, but it looked ok on the outside. And I thought that it was like that because it wasn't being cleaned regularly. And I thought it's like us, we can go stagnant if we aren't being cleansed by rivers of living water. The spirit has to be moving through us to clean us and living within our hearts to keep us right. And if we are alive in the spirit and Christ and we are being cleansed daily, then God is creating a temple not made with the hand of man, but by the word of the living God within.

NOTHING and I mean NOTHING you say can be done UNLESS the BLOOD has been placed on the door posts of your heart for the BLOOD is what God is looking for, for God say, ‘When I see the BLOOD…’ I will pass over you (save you).

If God does not see the BLOOD, He will not pass over you just like He did not pass over the ones who REJECTED the BLOOD and did NOT place the blood on the door posts of their houses.

You, marhig, like the ones of old, refuse to apply the BLOOD on the door posts of your heart; that is YOUR decision to make though.

And I took this to myself, I know I'm nothing lifeisgood, and I still don't know why God looked at me. And I'll be blessed if I even get a foot in the door of heaven, because I know that I don't deserve it. But I do know that I have the spirit of God within my heart, because he's changed me so much. He's changed me to do the things that I would never do in my flesh and and I'm so grateful and I love God and Christ deeply! I've got a lot more to learn and God will give me understanding in his time, when he thinks I'm ready to know.

‘IF’ marhig?

You, marhig, or I, lifeisgood, or anybody else for that matter, on our own, cannot, but the BLOOD can.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

I say 'spiritually dead'. You say 'spiritually speaking, was broken'. We are not, at least I am not, going to split hairs with you over 'words'.

Your argument is about death NOT separation. Man is NOT dead to God as you keep pressing he is. He is separated from God with his spirit intact, able to worship Him. Being Born again, as I have stated it, has NOTHING to do with his salvation and everything to do with man pursuing God for intimacy; kingdom relationship... a LOVE AFFAIR. Ergo, Nicodemus was a 'soon to be' , redeemed man to be born again that he can then move on in God by Christ Jesus.

Digest this re the reason for the blood of Jesus being shed: Romans 5:1 KJV

lifeisgood

Your argument is about death NOT separation. Man is NOT dead to God as you keep pressing he is. He is separated from God with his spirit intact, able to worship Him. Being Born again, as I have stated it, has NOTHING to do with his salvation and everything to do with man pursuing God for intimacy; kingdom relationship... a LOVE AFFAIR. Ergo, Nicodemus was a 'soon to be' , redeemed man to be born again that he can then move on in God by Christ Jesus.

Digest this re the reason for the blood of Jesus being shed: Romans 5:1 KJV

Thank you, CR.

Cross Reference

Get off your soapbox, will you??!!

When the person says over and over and over and over that he/she does not believe in the blood (which above you say is necessary and you are correct) how can you do what you have requested?

You CR, simply ignore the person's rejection of the blood and simply moves on 'moving on in Christ'?

Can you teach me to converse with someone about moving on in Christ when the blood has been rejected by the person you are teaching to 'moving on in Christ'? I am always willing to learn a different method and incorporating how others converse with someone rejecting the blood.

Where do you get from her that is rejecting the blood? SHe is well aware of what the blood has accomplished for her.

And when I a person is NOT reading her correctly becomes BORE, perhaps because you have never been led into the process of son-ship, I would say you have the problem, not her. Unless I have been mistaken and I don't believe am or have been, she writes as one who has knows the way to intimacy with God and is experiencing a taste of it. That is well beyond what you demand she understand; in a Spiritual territory you would do well to pay attention to. Why? Because, ". . .this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, . . . ." John 17:3 (KJV)

lifeisgood

Where do you get from her that is rejecting the blood? SHe is well aware of what the blood has accomplished for her.

Already answered this question in another post.

And when I a person is NOT reading her correctly becomes BORE,

Thank TOL for the ignore button.

perhaps because you have never been led into the process of son-ship, I would say you have the problem, not her.

All I need to hear.

Unless I have been mistaken and I don't believe am or have been, she writes as one who has knows the way to intimacy with God and is experiencing a taste of it.

All without the blood.

That is well beyond what you demand she understand; in a Spiritual territory you would do well to pay attention to. Why? Because, ". . .this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, . . . ." John 17:3 (KJV)

I am NOT demanding anything, CR, of anybody. That is you inserting demand into the mix.

marhig, has many things right, CR, however, without the BLOOD and without the BLOOD there is no remission of sin.

Cross Reference

Already answered this question in another post.

Thank TOL for the ignore button.

All I need to hear.

All without the blood.

I am NOT demanding anything, CR, of anybody. That is you inserting demand into the mix.

marhig, has many things right, CR, however, without the BLOOD and without the BLOOD there is no remission of sin.

Cross Reference

Contriteness doesn't happen without the blood having its effect. Marhig has a contrite spirit. . . Ergo, . . How's your spirit doing these days?