Is your Faith in the Bible or in God

Zeke

You should not worship any man.

The Christ did his bit back in the first century.

In my opinion there have been other Christs, 7 by my reckoning with one living today.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
He did it from the beginning in every divine seed that fell to earth and died/sleep in flesh the secular version is a false Christ outside of man.

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Are you serious!

Here are some of claims Jesus made about Himself.

1) He's the Heir of all things.
2)He's the author and finisher of Faith.
3)He made the world.
4)He's the outraying of Gods image.
5)He upholds all things by the word of His power.
6)He purged our sins.
7)He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.
8)I saw lucifer cast down.
9)I was there when the worlds were formed.
10) I am the living bread.
11)All authority under heaven and earth is given to me.
12)I'm the door.
13) i'm the light.
14) I'm the way.
15)I'm the water of life.
16)By me if any man enter , he shall be saved.
17)If you build on what i say , you build on a rock.
18)If you build on anything else , your a dead duck.
19)There is something wrong with all of you that can only be set right by me.
20)I haven't come to destroy the law , i've come to fulfill it.
21)I am going to ransome the whole world with me.

So don't give me , "He was a good and wise teacher." i've surrendered my life to the fact that He is exactly who and what He claimed.

mohomad , budda, no one "EVER" made the claims that Christ made about Himself. And you say theres other Christs out there ? you need to shut up and start to listen .

I will need to check for myself some of these.

So you believe this about the man Yeshua, what about God?

Saxon Hammer

The bible was written is such a way that those who lack faith will see glaring errors in it while those with faith see it as a perfect revelation from God.

The bible was written by imperfect man and is interpreted by imperfect man and preached by imperfect man to imperfect man. No wonder we are constantly rewriting the book.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
So don't give me , "He was a good and wise teacher." i've surrendered my life to the fact that He is exactly who and what He claimed.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

S-word

BANNED
Banned
What errors?

Many, many errors have crept into the scriptures, mainly from the erroneous interpretations, of the translators, or simply because a word was erroneously translated.

One example of many is found In Acts 9:7; the Greek "akouo," meaning "To give ear" or "to hear," is used, where it is written; “The men who were travelling with Paul heard the voice but did not see anyone. The same Greek term is used in Acts 22: 9; where Paul says that the men with him saw the light (Of the presence of the then glorified body of Jesus of Nazareth) but they did not hear=”akouo,” the voice of the one who was speaking to me.

This erroneous translation of the GREEK [akouo] appears to pit God’s word against itself.

But when we look to 1st Corinthians 14: 2; we find there, that it is written, "The one who speaks in strange tongues does not speak to others but to God, because no one, “akouo = UNDERSTANDS” him." The Greek "akouo" is here translated as "to Understand" and so Acts 9:7; reveals that the men who were with Paul heard the voice, but Acts 22: 9; reveals that they did not 'UNDERSTAND' what the voice they heard was saying.

Another apparent contradiction is found in 1st Chronicles 2: 13; where it is said that Jesse had seven sons and goes on to name them, David being the 7th and youngest of Jesse's sons.

Whereas, in 1st Samuel 17: 12; it is said that Jesse had eight sons. This would appear to contradict 1st Chronicles 2: 13; but with a little study, this too can be reconciled.

glorydaz

Why be afraid of a visit from Satan, (the devil?) whatever that is.

Do you do that thing when you open a random page? With half the Bible being negative it must be like tossing a coin.

A bit of scripture from Thomas:

2. Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

See the disturbed bit, fear is the opposite of Love. Fear guides you, it indicates an error, a path away from Truth.

What Bible did you get that from?

glorydaz

The bible was written by imperfect man and is interpreted by imperfect man and preached by imperfect man to imperfect man. No wonder we are constantly rewriting the book.

BUT, we have the PERFECT Spirit of God searching and teaching us from the Bible. Imperfect man can never stand against that.

1 Cor. 2:10-14 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.​

Saxon Hammer

BUT, we have the PERFECT Spirit of God searching and teaching us from the Bible. Imperfect man can never stand against that.

1 Cor. 2:10-14 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.​

Read from the bible I presume?

glorydaz

Read from the bible I presume?

Of course. It's our sword.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.​

Saxon Hammer

Of course. It's our sword.

Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.​

So you believe in the 'book' not in the soul ('God') as per the title of this thread - you need say no more!

glorydaz

So you believe in the 'book' not in the soul ('God') as per the title of this thread - you need say no more!

No, I believe in God having enough power to keep His book in spite of men....and He has the power to speak to us from His book. He is just that GREAT.

Saxon Hammer

No, I believe in God having enough power to keep His book in spite of men....and He has the power to speak to us from His book. He is just that GREAT.

allahu akbar. Literally "God is great" http://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...t is you that is wielding the 'book' not God.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Allah means, 'the power of God.'
Allahu Akbar means, 'the power of God is greater.'

Zeke

The heart is the scroll of the spirit not dead letters on dead paper that only shadow the substance .

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app