"THE DAY OF THE LORD"

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are no laws, rules or religion for the Christian...

For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord that we may not be condemned with the world. (1 Corinthians 11:31-32)​

Do you judge yourself? If so, by what standard?

Robert Pate

Banned
For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged. But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord that we may not be condemned with the world. (1 Corinthians 11:31-32)​

Do you judge yourself? If so, by what standard?

I am not into holiness religion. I am a sinner saved by grace. I try to walk in the Spirit which is the Gospel. God sees me as perfect and complete "in Christ". That is really all that matters.

genuineoriginal

Some of us trust in the finished work of Christ and put no confidence in the flesh.
It looks like there is a part that has not been finished.

Revelation 3:5
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.​

Epoisses

It looks like there is a part that has not been finished.

Revelation 3:5
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.​

Christ is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. It was finished before it began. God exists outside of time this why I love to study prophecy. Prophecy is a glimpse into God's foreknowledge.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are no laws, rules or religion for the Christian because the Christian is called the live by the Spirit of Christ and not the letter of the law.

A family without rules is a family without leadership. A family without religion is amoral and we see the results of that in society today.

genuineoriginal

Christ is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
That is a misunderstanding based on a single verse in Revelation, which is corrected by the other verses in Revelation that show it is the book of life that is from the foundation of the world, not the lamb slain.
God exists outside of time this why I love to study prophecy. Prophecy is a glimpse into God's foreknowledge.
The Bible never says God exists outside of time.
That is a doctrine of men and should be looked at with suspicion.