Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

[QUOTE=jeremysdemo;4152376]
    there was even confusion about this among the disciples,
    This what, this Christian doctrine? The NT did not exist yet at that time. It was written about 50+ years after Jesus had been gone.

if you read the accounts, when some saw Jesus he passed through walls, while others touched him in accounts of the same events!
    You continue using a Jew to disseminate Christian beliefs.

that being said the OP is way off, we should not praise or worship God for what we can get out of it (eternal life, heaven etc) but for Love of God.
    Heaven, you can't get back for worshipping God because Heaven is not a place to go into but a peaceful condition of mind we must allow to get into ourselves. (Luke 17:21) And for eternal life, we cannot get from God because He already decided we cannot share this attribute with Him. Eternal life belongs to God only. (Gen. 3:22,23)

It's my understanding tho, Jesus did teach the spirit will return to God from which it came on physical death when asked about wives Matthew 22, I beleive this is consistent with Ecclesiastes 12:7.
    The return of the spirit to God Who gave it, is only an embellishment for the breath of life which God breathed into man's nostrils when He formed him so that he could become a living soul aka a person. (Gen. 2:7)

So what it appears Christians are doing is claiming God's spirit that was given to them is their own, that's how they are going back to God in heaven rather than the spirit.
    That's delusional consolation to explain the pain of death.

Will God be fooled? will he let their claim of that spirit being their own returning to Him ride?
    No, but man is a fool to think of Heaven as a reward as a dog thinks of a treat for performing funny or doing what the master says.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,894 Times in 6,050 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ABMF View Post
    Are you Going to Heaven?
    Ephesians 2:6 KJV
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Tambora (May 9th, 2017)

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by heir View Post
    Ephesians 2:6 KJV
    This is Pauline doctrine as a result of a Hellenistic mind: Too delusional.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,894 Times in 6,050 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Masada View Post
    This is Pauline doctrine as a result of a Hellenistic mind: Too delusional.
    Ephesians 1:3 KJV
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Tambora (May 9th, 2017)

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by heir View Post
    Ephesians 1:3 KJV
    That's Pauline idolatry by means of the conceptual myth of the demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. That's what Paul was intending to convey here.

Over 1000 post club WonderfulLordJesus's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God... 20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This interpretation contradicts the Prophets. According to Jeremiah 31:30 and Ezekiel 18:20 no one can die for the sins of another or cause our sins to be paid for.

We all have been granted with the attribute of free will; so we can get to the Father any time we wish to. Prophet Isaiah said that to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow, all we need is to repent and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

There is nothing on earth or in heaven that will seal us for eternal life. It would be a contradiction to God's Word in the Torah that man could not live forever. Read Genesis 3:22.
    There is no contradiction, unless you leave out the context.

Jeremiah 31:29 "In those days"

What days specifically?

It is funny how your first shot is so obviously poorly handled , I did not bother with reading the rest of your post, it is no doubt as irresponsible to scripture as your erroneous use of God's word in Jeremiah 31:30
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by WonderfulLordJesus View Post
    1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God... 20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
    I have been always aware that the NT teaches about the Trinity. I wonder why some Christians deny it. The problem we have with Paul is that he had to use a Jew to do so. Had he used a Greek, we would probably not be discussing this issue today. Hence we must stand against Replacement Theology which was the reason behind his choice of a Jew.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been always aware that the NT teaches about the Trinity. I wonder why some Christians deny it. The problem we have with Paul is that he had to use a Jew to do so. Had he used a Greek, we would probably not be discussing this issue today. Hence we must stand against Replacement Theology which was the reason behind his choice of a Jew.
    Why does any mature person love and believe a lie? Because they are not led by the Holy Spirit. The natural man believes what he wants to believe, sees what he wants to see, hears what he wants to hear.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by WonderfulLordJesus View Post
    1 - Why does any mature person love and believe a lie? Because they are not led by the Holy Spirit. The natural man believes what he wants to believe, sees what he wants to see, hears what he wants to hear.

2 - John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

3 - 2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
    1 - That's very common and mostly desirable for the sweetness of the consolation as a result of delusion. Pre-conceived notions is as natural as day-dream, and no man wants to be artificial.

2 - All the Truth! What is the Truth? Jesus said that it is the Word of God if you read John 17:17. And if you read Psalm 147:19,20 the Word of God was given to the Jews only and to no other people on earth.

3 - "From such turn away." That's Paul advising his followers to turn away from the Apostles of Jesus because the Galatians were reconsidering their decision to return to the Sect of the Nazarenes. (Gal. 1:6-9; 2:6-10) How much sense does it make to you?

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John 14

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
    2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
    3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omniskeptical, you have just proved to yourself to be a real fool. Unaware of what you are saying, you are implying that the Torah is a book of forgeries. I quoted Genesis 4:7 and you are implying that the text is a forgery. Psalm 14:1 applies to you as a hand fits into the glove.
    NO, the Tenach. A torah is just one suggestion in Hebrew. Yes, Cain is glorified in the narrative. The reality is that god made him the first negro to punish him more.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMF View Post
    Purpose: Wake up the sinner who thinks they are a good person and that good deeds will outway the bad. Bring a conviction of sin. Wake up the believer who has sin as a practice. Wake up the unsaved to the condition they are in. Remind those who walk in victory over sin of what they were saved from. ALL to the power and glory of Jesus Christ.

You think you are going to heaven?Take this test. In taking the test do it in the light of the principle of the question being asked and apply it to your own life circumstances. Lust: (married) persons: Have you had sexual or inappropriate relations with a person you were not married to, while married to someone else? Have you had sexual lustful thoughts( fantasies) of desire toward a person when you looked at them while married to someone else? Looked to long at, 3
    iw as agreeing with you until you got to the part about smoking. Sorcery? That is bizarre to call it that, and then you are against other things that are NOT egregious sin. Only MORTAL sin gets you to Hell, unrepentend of

smoking is an addiction. I often feel (lover of freedom though i be ) that it should be outlawed. It destroys people. Heroin is outlawed, why not cigareretts?

anyway,

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a seroius dislike of poeple will NOT get you to Hell unless you absolutely refuse to at least TRY to forgive. those who do nt forgive cannot be forgiven, but a serious dislike is not necessarily unforgiveness.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,196 Times in 11,931 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation

All the above is from the gospel of Paul who was a Hellenist former Jew. Nothing at all can be verified in the only Scriptures that Jesus used to refer to as the Word of God. The NT, Jesus never even dreamed would ever rise.

Timotheos, Jesus was a Jewish man whose Faith was Judaism. Bodily resurrection is not an item in the Faith of Jesus. It was fabricated by Paul as he confessed it to his disciple Timothy. (2 Tim. 2:8) Prophet Isaiah says clearly that the dead will never rise again. (Isa. 26:14) King David said clearly that the dead will never return. (2 Sam. 12:23) We also have in Job 10:21 that from the grave one can never return. Throughout the Tanach there is nothing to endorse bodily resurrection.
    Ben, there were many people (both believers and unbelievers) that attested to the fact that Jesus Christ returned from the dead. The fact that you reject that fact is just too bad for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

Tambora (May 9th, 2017)

Thread Information