Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you Going to Heaven?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Jesus Christ did not die for us because of how good we were but because of how desperately we needed God's help to get to the Father.

Our salvation is absolutely not dependent on our works, be them good or bad, but on the works of God in Christ reconciling the world unto himself.

If we sin after we have received salvation, we do not lose that gift of salvation for that gift of salvation is the gift of eternal life, Romans 6:23

Having received that gift of eternal life from God, God has sealed us for eternal life.

God never condones sin, but since all sins have been paid for, all sins have been paid for.

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. (*James‬ *2‬:*24‬ KJV)

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Omniskeptical View Post
    Yeah, law engorgement, I mean enforcement, was so innocent then. Especially this Herod, who wasn't threatening him, but rather feeling kind and timid.
    It means you don't believe your NT.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Jesus Christ did not die for us because of how good we were but because of how desperately we needed God's help to get to the Father.

Our salvation is absolutely not dependent on our works, be them good or bad, but on the works of God in Christ reconciling the world unto himself.

If we sin after we have received salvation, we do not lose that gift of salvation for that gift of salvation is the gift of eternal life, Romans 6:23

Having received that gift of eternal life from God, God has sealed us for eternal life.

God never condones sin, but since all sins have been paid for, all sins have been paid for.
    This interpretation contradicts the Prophets. According to Jeremiah 31:30 and Ezekiel 18:20 no one can die for the sins of another or cause our sins to be paid for.

We all have been granted with the attribute of free will; so we can get to the Father any time we wish to. Prophet Isaiah said that to set things right with God so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow, all we need is to repent and return to the obedience of God's Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

There is nothing on earth or in heaven that will seal us for eternal life. It would be a contradiction to God's Word in the Torah that man could not live forever. Read Genesis 3:22.

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Masada View Post
    It means you don't believe your NT.
    I don't see your point.
    John 1:1-2
    1 εν αρχη ην ο λογος At the beginning, it was a word; και ο λογος ην προς ο θεος and a word, it was unto a God; και θεος ην ο λογος and the God, it was.. A word 2 ουτος a-such... 2 ην εν αρχη προς ο θεος ... it was at the beginning unto a God.

"Yahweh" is a word, not just Christ!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,193 Times in 4,444 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ABMF View Post
    Are you Going to Heaven?
    Yep. I have the righteousness of God upon me. How about you?
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Tambora (May 9th, 2017)

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we going to heaven?

I have a serious question. Where does the Bible say that anyone goes to heaven when they die? I can see where the Bible says that the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord, but I can't see where the Bible says that the reward for a Christian is to be a disembodied spirit in the sky.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I don't see your point.
    Are you sure! We were talking about Herod trying to arrest Jesus and you gave me the following as a reply:

Originally Posted by Omniskeptical View Post
    Yeah, law engorgement, I mean enforcement, was so innocent then. Especially this Herod, who wasn't threatening him, but rather feeling kind and timid.
    The fruit usually does not fall to far from the tree. This Herod's father was the one who ordered the killing of hundreds of children with the intent to have Jesus dead and you deny that he was not threatening Jesus but rather feeling kind and timid. God save us of his kindness!

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Timotheos View Post
    Are we going to heaven?

I have a serious question. Where does the Bible say that anyone goes to heaven when they die? I can see where the Bible says that the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord, but I can't see where the Bible says that the reward for a Christian is to be a disembodied spirit in the sky.
    You must specify what Bible you are talking about because the Torah says that man was banned from the Garden of Eden to prevent him from eating of the tree of life and live forever. It means that man could not share with God the attribute of eternal life. (Gen. 3:22)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,193 Times in 4,444 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JPHamilton View Post
    Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only. (*James‬ *2‬:*24‬ KJV)
    Galatians 1:8-9 KJV
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Tambora (May 9th, 2017)

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure! We were talking about Herod trying to arrest Jesus and you gave me the following as a reply:
    Morelike the servants of Herod threatening Jesus, to which Jesus reply was that he was doing miracles. What was the Herod to do? He was timid according to the account.

The fruit usually does not fall to far from the tree. This Herod's father was the one who ordered the killing of hundreds of children with the intent to have Jesus dead and you deny that he was not threatening Jesus but rather feeling kind and timid. God save us of his kindness!
    More BS; it was the servants of Herod. Was Herod going to punish him for good deeds?
    1 εν αρχη ην ο λογος At the beginning, it was a word; και ο λογος ην προς ο θεος and a word, it was unto a God; και θεος ην ο λογος and the God, it was.. A word 2 ουτος a-such... 2 ην εν αρχη προς ο θεος ... it was at the beginning unto a God.

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must specify what Bible you are talking about because the Torah says that man was banned from the Garden of Eden to prevent him from eating of the tree of life and live forever. It means that man could not share with God the attribute of eternal life. (Gen. 3:22)
    But mankind should. I don't see your point here also.

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Bible?

Where does 'the collection of books commonly called The Bible' say that dead christians live forever as ghosts in cloud houses?

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Morelike the servants of Herod threatening Jesus, to which Jesus reply was that he was doing miracles. What was the Herod to do? He was timid according to the account.

More BS; it was the servants of Herod. Was Herod going to punish him for good deeds?
    Indeed, more BS I get back. The servants of Herod could not arrest any one without their having been commanded by Herod. And to punish Jesus for doing good deeds could not be more nave a question as his
    "good deeds" were not done to Herod but to the Jews.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

But mankind should. I don't see your point here also.
    Perhaps because of your Christian preconceived notions. I was talking about a Jew aka Jesus from the Torah (Gen. 3:22) and you probably expect me to talk about him from the NT. I can't. He was a Jew whose Faith was Judaism, not Christian.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Timotheos View Post
    What Bible?

Where does 'the collection of books commonly called The Bible' say that dead christians live forever as ghosts in cloud houses?
    The Bible that speak about those things is called NT. Read it and you will see the huge amount of Greek Mythology.

Thread Information