User Tag List

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 336

Thread: Are you Going to Heaven?

  1. #31
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,493
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked 935 Times in 770 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    853232
    will you have eternal life?

    those promoting eternal suffering may not get that
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  2. #32
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    If I don't obey God by doing what? What must I say or do that will get me a pass to the new earth? And besides that, what's wrong with this earth?

    I'm happy where I am and I don't say that casually. I have been from San Diego to Maine and from Seattle to Key West and I am where I want to be.

    Ok, I've never been to North Dakota or Vermont but I've seen the other 46 states.

    If you have seen this earth why in the world would you want a different one?
    Well, I understand most are sheltered spoiled americans who get to tour around eating and living off if the finest there is. This has seriously made a society of spoiled brats. Tour the third world or second world countries and lands and you may have a point of view change. Contrary to popular opinion there is a LOT wrong with this earth. Even the heaven's (stars and stuff that you can see) are not pure in God's sight. Catch a glimpse of the new heaven and the new earth and you won't want this one as it is!

  3. #33
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    will you have eternal life?

    those promoting eternal suffering may not get that
    The Bible teaches eternal suffering. Those who pervert the Bible and say it doesn't teach eternal suffering are going to risk the eternal punishment.

  4. #34
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,493
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked 935 Times in 770 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    853232
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMF View Post
    The Bible teaches eternal suffering. Those who pervert the Bible and say it doesn't teach eternal suffering are going to risk the eternal punishment.
    doesn't eternal suffering require eternal life?
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  5. #35
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    doesn't eternal suffering require eternal life?
    When a person dies do you think they are not aware or feel and go through the experience of the pain of death of the event of going to the hereafter?
    Many after life experiences have been testified of people sharing what happened when they died. Do you not think that God could just take and make a experience of perpetual dying a tormenting experience? You don't think that a person who died horribly, didn't feel the torment and agony and pain of this world before going to the next? and even feel it in between? You don't think that God could create a place where the agony and pain of a horrific death is compared, and name it perpetual death? A place where you never finish dying but are always in death with the pains of death and all its horror constantly around you? Would not Hitler, Satan and many evil people deserve an unending justice? In fact the torment and pain of always being in the pains of death without ever having it be over is horrible. See, here people have the mind set of relief from this life by death. How about in the death of hell, your always in it because there is no reaching a place of life after it, so a person is alway caught in it.
    Its called the Second Death because its death unending. Always in the experience of dying loss of life, without ever finishing. Death exists here on this earth and the alive know that well. Still man can not fully understand death, so to how much more with a carnal mind man cannot fully grasp what death is in this life, could stretch to what is meant by it in the next? Many would even agree here on this earth that burning to death being fully conscious is one of THEE worst most painful ways to go (no one here does that in Jesus name), why can't God make that the ultimate reward for those who reject him?

  6. #36
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,420
    Thanks
    1,401
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    317491
    Jesus died a horrible death but he got over it. So it can't be all that bad.

  7. #37
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,493
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked 935 Times in 770 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    853232
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMF View Post
    When a person dies do you think they are not aware or feel and go through the experience of the pain of death of the event of going to the hereafter?
    Many after life experiences have been testified of people sharing what happened when they died. Do you not think that God could just take and make a experience of perpetual dying a tormenting experience? You don't think that a person who died horribly, didn't feel the torment and agony and pain of this world before going to the next? and even feel it in between? You don't think that God could create a place where the agony and pain of a horrific death is compared, and name it perpetual death? A place where you never finish dying but are always in death with the pains of death and all its horror constantly around you? Would not Hitler, Satan and many evil people deserve an unending justice? In fact the torment and pain of always being in the pains of death without ever having it be over is horrible. See, here people have the mind set of relief from this life by death. How about in the death of hell, your always in it because there is no reaching a place of life after it, so a person is alway caught in it.
    Its called the Second Death because its death unending. Always in the experience of dying loss of life, without ever finishing. Death exists here on this earth and the alive know that well. Still man can not fully understand death, so to how much more with a carnal mind man cannot fully grasp what death is in this life, could stretch to what is meant by it in the next? Many would even agree here on this earth that burning to death being fully conscious is one of THEE worst most painful ways to go (no one here does that in Jesus name), why can't God make that the ultimate reward for those who reject him?
    you are going to have to excuse me
    because
    death means death
    life means life
    eternal means eternal
    so
    as you can see
    I have no idea what you are talking about
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  8. #38
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    you are going to have to excuse me
    because
    death means death
    life means life
    eternal means eternal
    so
    as you can see
    I have no idea what you are talking about
    If you are in your own mind: To you, and your understanding of your mind, cannot comprehend or grasp the things of God. "But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" 1 corinthians 2:14. Don't lean on your own understanding. Proverbs 3. Their is more to God than the English language can grasp. There are some things that you just have to take by faith. Daniel 12:2 and Matthew 25:46 are very clear. Unless you have the mind of Christ, Spiritually minded, a renewed mind, you can not understand the things of God. You can not fully understand scripture for the Words that Jesus Spoke they are Spirit and Life. John 6. You must receive of His Spirit. Unless you have the Holy Spirit indwelling you, you will always struggle to know and understand God.

  9. #39
    TOL Legend chrysostom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    20,493
    Thanks
    336
    Thanked 935 Times in 770 Posts

    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    853232
    I can't believe this thread is a sticky
    we have way too many stickies
    and
    I don't like to scroll
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

  10. #40
    This is definitely Lower Wacker Drive. musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19,399
    Thanks
    3,164
    Thanked 15,283 Times in 8,940 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147724
    Freeman's "shortcomings"?

    Teaching lies that directly led to the deaths of a hundred of his followers, and himself?

    "Shortcomings"?

    Brilliant is an understatement, in fact [Freeman's] wisdom and accomplishments surpass everyone on this forum I'm sure.
    I can't speak for anyone else but I haven't taught anyone in the name of Christ that He'd rather see their kids die needlessly before they're taken to a doctor. But you'd evidently be okay with it if I did, since that's exactly what Freeman did.

    Your trolling sub-par.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

    C. H. Mackintosh


  11. #41
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,568
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 238 Times in 222 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    113844

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Jesus died a horrible death but he got over it. So it can't be all that bad.
    How could Jesus have got over death with death? Besides, once dead, Logic dictates that one has lost all chances to get over anything.

  12. #42
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,420
    Thanks
    1,401
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    317491
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Masada View Post
    How could Jesus have got over death with death? Besides, once dead, Logic dictates that one has lost all chances to get over anything.
    Where's your proof that the dead don't live again?

  13. #43
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,568
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 238 Times in 222 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    113844

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Where's your proof that the dead don't live again?
    Read Job 7:9; 10:21; II Sam. 12:23; Psalm 49:12; 88:11; Prov. 2:19... and many other quotes but I think these are enough to prove the point.

    The wish to live again is an illusion and I am sorry if I had to rain on your parade but the Truth although some times painful cannot be masked.

  14. #44
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,420
    Thanks
    1,401
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 1,089 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    317491
    In the context of nature the dead do not live again. However, God created nature and he has power over nature. Have you heard the story about Jonah? He died and yet lived again.

    If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait till my change comes. You shall call and I will answer You - You shall desire the work of Your hands. (Job 14:14-15)

    Then the LORD heard the voice of Elijah and the soul of the child came back to him and he revived. And Elijah took the child and brought him down from the upper room into the house and gave him to his mother. And Elijah said, “See, your son lives!”
    (1 Kings 17:22-23)

    So there is Jonah, Job and a young boy. God can resurrect whomever he chooses.

  15. #45
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Freeman's "shortcomings"?

    Teaching lies that directly led to the deaths of a hundred of his followers, and himself?

    "Shortcomings"?

    I can't speak for anyone else but I haven't taught anyone in the name of Christ that He'd rather see their kids die needlessly before they're taken to a doctor. But you'd evidently be okay with it if I did, since that's exactly what Freeman did.

    Your trolling sub-par.
    Unless you have heard his teachings first hand and can find the quotes that he used to say anything of what you are accusing then you are wrong. Can you be sure of this? What proof do you present of first hand experience? A third hand re harsh from a secular media source is not an acceptable verification. In fact he never told anyone not to go to the doctor! In fact he stated publicly that if anyone asked him if they should keep taking their pills his reply was YES! And told that PUBLICLY from HIS pulpit so all would know!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us