Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425

Thread: Are you Going to Heaven?

Trainee
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on the level of spiritual practices and level of consciousness. I believe the astral realms talk about in the theosophy community (esoteric community) have to do with dreams and astral projection. Inner practice accompanied by outer practice.

BANNED
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put my money on Jesus and the Book of Ecclesiastes. Live in the moment and learn what eternity is.

Live a righteous life, do good and have a safe passage through death. Ecclesiastes [which translates as “the Preacher”] says nothing about an afterlife.

Jesus said little about Heaven. It was in good shape and could take care of itself.

For Jesus, salvation had nothing to do with Heaven. It was all about transformation in this life.

After all, it’s here on earth where the problems are. And the majority of his teachings were concerned with poverty and the extreme income gap.

In Jesus’ day, the poverty percentage was over 90%. The elites were made up of about 5 to 10%.
    Last edited by aikido7; January 21st, 2019 at 04:45 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 2,859 Posts

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes!

Romans 10:9-13 King James Version (KJV)
    9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

BANNED
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really care.
    Jesus said little about Heaven. Again, Heaven is in great shape and can take care of itself.

Again, it’s here on Earth where the problems are: disease, poverty, hunger, violence, etc.

Everybody talks about heaven, paradise, the afterlife.

The only thing I know is that I will die into God at the end.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John 3:16.."For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

For if you believe in Jesus Christ and His Gospel (1 Cor 15:1-4) Heaven awaits.

Blade
    Last edited by Bladerunner; March 15th, 2019 at 08:00 PM. Reason: removed the color

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aikido7 View Post
    I don't really care.
    Jesus said little about Heaven. Again, Heaven is in great shape and can take care of itself.

Again, it’s here on Earth where the problems are: disease, poverty, hunger, violence, etc.

Everybody talks about heaven, paradise, the afterlife.

The only thing I know is that I will die into God at the end.
    Good points. Too bad you got banned. There seems to be quite a lot of that around here. That’s should be concerning on a certain level. That level being the suppression of thoughts and ideas of course, if such a thing is in fact occurring.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,751 Times in 5,619 Posts

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    Good points. Too bad you got banned. There seems to be quite a lot of that around here. That’s should be concerning on a certain level. That level being the suppression of thoughts and ideas of course, if such a thing is in fact occurring.
    Aikido was a troll, nor was he an honest poster.

He was perma-banned because he made a sock to get around a temporary ban.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Concerning the OP I get the impression that it's trying to say that in order to be saved a person must become sinlessly perfect as a prerequisite, which as I read it is justification by the law. Eom 10:4,5 Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes. Moses describes in this way the righteousness that is by the law: "The man who does these things will live by them."

This in contrast to justification by the grace of God through faith alone.

Rom 10:6-133
    But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’" (that is, to bring Christ down) "or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile— the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

That as opposed to salvation being contingent upon one's ongoing performance.

BANNED
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I going to heaven? A hope that is realized is no longer a hope.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think you are going to heaven?

Yes. In fact I've ALREADY CROSSED OVER UNTO ETERNAL LIFE IN CHRIST.

John 5:24 - "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to."

Thanks
    Thanked 8,751 Times in 5,619 Posts

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmibnorthern View Post
    I want to be very careful here. I got in trouble on Reddit for saying things that I did not understand we're bad.
    /r/Christianity?

Yeah, that's a very liberal subreddit. I've had posts that use biblical arguments downvoted to oblivion.

TOL isn't reddit.

Follow the rules and you'll be fine.

If you were downvoted in that way, there's a good chance that what you said was good.

The story of a sinner who admits it is not the way he wants to live should be acceptable. But according to the rules you're allowed to call me wicked.

I agree with everything you said. I want to agree with it.

I used to follow it really well, not sinning.

Then at puberty every last person in the world was a devout sinner. I felt useless not sinning. People criticized me and mocked me for not sinning. They called me retarded and gay, and I wasn't either one.

I sinned every sin. It didn't feel good and I'm ashamed of 11 years.

Never got any satisfaction from any of it. Never hit that point of end where I was happier ever after that I was expecting. Degenerated every few months. Tried to kill myself multiple times.

Financial failure. Tried to buy my way back with every penny I had. Got mad at God. Turned to false spirituality.

Condemn me!

The redemption wasn't what I thought it would be. No feeling of ecstatic innocence. No friends to walk with on golden streets. I did not return to prepubescence.

But by thourogh desire, faith, and rejoicing, and being very sorry for everything I had ever done, I recieved a controlled life with serious peace. I recieved maybe 10+ unexplainable miracles. I don't sin as much as I used to. I'm climbing up from the path to the pool of fire and I've made a lot of progress in a little time.

Thanks for the call back, and the accurate descriptions of sin that must be avoided for love of God.

Not sure I'm going to heaven, but I'm open to it and trying harder, and looking for more and more truth explained in a way I understand it.

Good news! Still being harassed for not sinning!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    So... Um... What is it that you're asking for again?

Thread Information