Thread: Are you Going to Heaven?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,881 Times in 2,834 Posts

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by republicanchick View Post
    then why did Jesus speak of HIs Church and the power IT alone has?

"I will build My Church and the gates of Hell wll not prevail against it"

Mt 16:18

looks like the gates of hell can prevail against... individuals... left to their own devices..

+++
    Believe in simplicity. The gospel is not complicated. Even children understand it.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Believe in simplicity. The gospel is not complicated. Even children understand it.
    you don't know what I believe

you don't know me from the man in the moon

Thanks

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

you don't know what I believe

you don't know me from the man in the moon
    Why don't you make yourself a little more understood?

Jim Elliot

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

It does not have to do with the church;

John 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Do you believe it?
    My version is that God so loved the world that he became a Jew to teach man what love is and made a big mistake because men killed him and kept on killing other Jews throughout History by means of pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and the Holocaust. Obviously, man was not ready to learn what love is.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you make yourself a little more understood?
    u mean so morons can u/stand me?

hey, what am i saying?

morons are amenable to the truth

those whose minds exist in a steel trap super-glued shut... different story

++

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Masada View Post
    My version is that God so loved the world that he became a Jew to teach man what love is and made a big mistake because men killed him and kept on killing other Jews throughout History by means of pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and the Holocaust. Obviously, man was not ready to learn what love is.
    Jesus could have saved himself. But the price for sin had to be paid. And he paid it. "If this cup can pass from Me.. yet not My will, but Yours be done"

==

Thanks

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

u mean so morons can u/stand me?

hey, what am i saying?

morons are amenable to the truth

those whose minds exist in a steel trap super-glued shut... different story

++
    Well at least I do not have to put you on ignore.

Jim Elliot

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Jesus could have saved himself. But the price for sin had to be paid. And he paid it. "If this cup can pass from Me.. yet not My will, but Yours be done"

==
    I am glad you have reminded us that it was not Jesus' will to walk the "Via Dolorosa" as he said, "yet not my will." It was not Jesus' will to die for no one. That's why he prayed 3 times in the Gethsemane not to. Besides, he was reminded of the word of the Prophets that no one can die for the sins of another. (Jer. 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20) If he came to confirm the Law and the Prophets down to the letter as we have in Mat. 5:17-19, he could not contradict the Prophets.

There is something else you have reminded us of: That Jesus could have saved himself. Indeed he could if he had listened to the Pharisees who tried to save him from being arrested by Pilate by asking him to stop his disciples from acclaiming him king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem, a Roman province at the time. That's what he died for. Hence his verdict: INRI. (Luke 19:37-40)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's nothing like heaven place.. you are one responsible to make places heaven...

Thanks
    Thanked 16,589 Times in 13,028 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prefersinful View Post
    There's nothing like heaven place.. you are one responsible to make places heaven...
    ok der duh der

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully I am going nowhere when I die...

It has been enough!

Heaven seems so dull, hell is where the fun people will go.

Still, it is not my desire, for it only means further separation if I continue to exist in some way...

Union is the purpose, not how to keep separate for all time.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Masada View Post
    seriously man, go bang your head against the wailing wall. believe what you want, go converse with like minded "jews" or whatever you are. we don't care what you think ben. you are so stuck in the past, it's comical; not worthy of consideration. some part of you wants to do good, but i can't see it at all. not even a glimpse. so depressing, sucks to be jew . . i mean you

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus had to die on the cross for Christianity to ever exist, because it is prophesied that he would. It is not a sacrifice, and the Bible tells us to work out our own salvation, so clearly Christ dying wasn't enough.

Judus is truly the greatest figure in Christianity, because it is through him that the resurrection was possible, and that is the whole basis for Christianity: Jesus died and resurrected.

Of course, lets not discuss the fact that this is not unique at all, there are several savior Gods that died and resurrected 3 days later, as in fact it is based on the Solar cycle.

The is nothing useful about believing the Bible literally... it will not transform you, it will not bring you salvation... it is just a bunch of words that you think are true.

The Torah is as unoriginal as the New Testament, it has borrowed from Babylon and Sumeria, along with Egypt. The Gospels borrow from various mystery traditions, and get most of their insights from Hellenism.

There is absolutely no point to the whole Abrahamic line, it has done nothing but bring bigotry into the world. Prior, the religions of the world inter-mingled and concentrated on mutual understanding and growth. After, somehow, we get this notion that what a particular guy said is somehow more important than anyone else... we get this notion of prophets to give benediction to men that do not seem special at all.

The world would be a lot better place if there had been no Abraham, the offspring of his sons - Christianity from Isaac and Islam from Ishmael - have been poison.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many of the Greek philosophers were known to be enlightened... can you imagine our world if they had been allowed to flourish? They were intermingling with Egypt and India too, the world would be far more advanced through the totality of understanding...

Instead, we have simply killed off everyone that wasn't adherent to Abraham.

He is the cause of much that is disgusting in our world today, at least back then it was directly greed that caused wars... after, people actually believed they were working for God...

In the old days, a conquering nation would absorb everything of the new culture.

The Christians and Muslims didn't even bother debating, they just killed you if you didn't agree...

This comes directly from Judaism, they have killed locals because they thought the land was given to them by their God.

It is hard to forgive these groups.

Humanity has lost its depth, for what?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SatyamAbhidi View Post
    Many of the Greek philosophers were known to be enlightened... can you imagine our world if they had been allowed to flourish? They were intermingling with Egypt and India too, the world would be far more advanced through the totality of understanding...

Instead, we have simply killed off everyone that wasn't adherent to Abraham.

He is the cause of much that is disgusting in our world today, at least back then it was directly greed that caused wars... after, people actually believed they were working for God...

In the old days, a conquering nation would absorb everything of the new culture.

The Christians and Muslims didn't even bother debating, they just killed you if you didn't agree...

This comes directly from Judaism, they have killed locals because they thought the land was given to them by their God.

It is hard to forgive these groups.

Humanity has lost its depth, for what?
    all cultures/civilizations have good and valid paths to enlightenment. it depends on what one is seeking. do like the boy and the tiger and study all faiths, beliefs, religeons and myths. you will end up at Jesus Christ. The Truth The Way and The Life. try to read the book of Romans and the book of Hebrews in the New Testament. it takes less than an hour to read each one. understand what it says. read all the letters and The Acts. then the Gospels flow better. Revelation explains alot. it takes prayer, meditaion and time. Pray to God for only spiritual wisdom. nothing selfish or material. you will hear. or don't. nobody makes you understand or does it for you. Christians don't kill unbelievers anymore. neither do muslims. there are extremists in every time and age. good luck, but you are really starting from a different foundation, perhaps approaching things from a biased perspective. examine your motives, self-examination is always helpful. unless you hate what you see. nobody has figured everything out yet, or tol wouldn't be here. i don't know yet what answers you may search for, but ask better, more thoughtful questions. not questions you can answer yourself. have fun

Thread Information