User Tag List

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion thread for AMR and God's Truth Trinity Debate.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
    Is heaven within creation or exterior to it?
    Heaven is in the spiritual, we cannot build a space ship to get there....

It is the dimension God and the Angels abode in when creation took place.

All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,812 Times in 1,651 Posts

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, indeed!
    Jesus rose from the dead in his body. However, he was glorified in God's presence with a Spiritual body.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

We will have a body like Jesus' Spiritual body when he transforms our earthly body to be like his.

Philippians 3:21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Jesus rose from the dead in his body. However, he was glorified in God's presence with a Spiritual body.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

We will have a body like Jesus' Spiritual body when he transforms our earthly body to be like his.

Philippians 3:21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body
    Ok thank you guys I was just trying to understand the question,, I dont mean to take away from your One on One or this thread..

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello AMR,

I see that you are viewing this thread. Please go to our one on one. I am excited about our debate.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,232 Times in 9,788 Posts

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FraterJoseph View Post
    Heaven is in the spiritual, we cannot build a space ship to get there....

It is the dimension God and the Angels abode in when creation took place.
    So, in your estimation, that dimension is infinite and greater than GOD, and that the angels are not created but eternally equal with GOD?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

LoneStar (April 24th, 2016),Tambora (April 23rd, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thank you guys I was just trying to understand the question,, I dont mean to take away from your One on One or this thread..
    You are not taking anything away from this thread. You made an excellent point about Jesus not going backwards by coming back in an earthly body to live on this earth.

Thanks

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

His 'Spiritual' body is the same physical body that walked on the earth, died on the cross and rose from the dead. It is now 'glorified' in that it has taken on qualities which it previously did not have.....qualities from heaven.

This brings us back to the original argument regarding GOD's multipersonality. If there is an 'I with you' then there were at least two persons in existence in GOD before the world began.

Yes, indeed!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, in your estimation, that dimension is infinite and greater than GOD, and that the angels are not created but eternally equal with GOD?
    AH no not at all,It was where God was before he created US "the known" physical universe.

When He said "Let US make them in Our image" the place they were when that conversation took place.

Nothing can be greater than God for He creates ALL... Before US and after US.

And He did create the Angels.

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His 'Spiritual' body is the same physical body that walked on the earth, died on the cross and rose from the dead. It is now 'glorified' in that it has taken on qualities which it previously did not have.....qualities from heaven.
    His Spiritual body is NOT the same physical body that walked on earth. Jesus walked on earth in a human body. When we have our new bodies at the resurrection, we will be given a body like his. If our bodies will be exactly as they are now, then we would not be told that what we will be is not known.

1 John 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

This brings us back to the original argument regarding GOD's multipersonality. If there is an 'I with you' then there were at least two persons in existence in GOD before the world began.
    There are three, and the three are all the same God.

Thanks

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

AH no not at all,It was where God was before he created US "the known" physical universe.

When He said "Let US make them in Our image" the place they were when that conversation took place.

Nothing can be greater than God for He creates ALL... Before US and after US.

And He did create the Angels.
    If GOD existed 'within' something before He created, then that something logically would be greater than He and would necessarily be infinite, which would reduce Him to be less than He really is. There can only be one infinite. Infinite is all of it....whatever 'it' is. Only GOD is infinite being and His immensity prohibits His total containment in anything......except in the current immanent manner which is beyond our finite understanding.

I say there was only GOD existing in Himself before He created the heavens and the earth. He created the highest heaven as a 'place' to dwell in His 'manifest' Glory, within the created universe. The LORD Jesus is presently in that place.
    Before creation there was only GOD. Then He created the material universe and everything in it including the angels.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If GOD existed 'within' something before He created, then that something logically would be greater than He and would necessarily be infinite, which would reduce Him to be less than He really is. There can only be one infinite. Infinite is all of it....whatever 'it' is. Only GOD is infinite being and His immensity prohibits His total containment in anything......except in the current immanent manner which is beyond our finite understanding.

I say there was only GOD existing in Himself before He created the heavens and the earth. He created the highest heaven as a 'place' to dwell in His 'manifest' Glory, within the created universe. The LORD Jesus is presently in that place.
    Before creation there was only GOD. Then He created the material universe and everything in it including the angels.

Agree 100 percent... I just meant a place besides the physical universe but still a place He made,, thank you for putting it in a way I was trying too.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then He created the material universe and everything in it including the angels..
    But I dont think angels are part of the physical.

Thanks

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

His Spiritual body is NOT the same physical body that walked on earth. Jesus walked on earth in a human body.
    Jesus is still human. He came to redeem that which was lost in Adam and bring it up to a higher place than it was originally, not to anihilate it and start over with something entirely different.
    The same physical/spiritual man Jesus is coming back just as He left.

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

When we have our new bodies at the resurrection, we will be given a body like his.
    Yes, indeed!

If our bodies will be exactly as they are now, then we would not be told that what we will be is not known.
    I never said that our resurrected bodies will be exactly like they are now. They will be restored and glorified.....receiving new qualities from heaven.

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

This mortal body shall put on an immortal quality.

1 John 3:2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.
    Yep!

There are three, and the three are all the same God.
    I agree, but........three what?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The scriptures say that God created everything through Jesus.

God made Himself a Spiritual body before He made anything. This Spiritual body is of the Man Jesus. Jesus is the visible of the invisible God.

God made the plan for salvation to be through Jesus before anything was made.

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Colossians 1:16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.

Acts 2:23 NIV; 1 Pet 1:20 NIV.

Thanks

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But I dont think angels are part of the physical.
    This begs the question as to just what the 'spiritual' actually is.

I don't think we really know...... yet.

In scripture, the word 'spirit' equals 'wind, breath, etc' which are analogical terms. It means that which is 'spirit' is 'like' wind and breath, in that Spirit is invisible yet is an affecting cause into the physical world.
    'ruach' and 'pneuma' are analogical but they really don't tell us what the 'Spiritual' actually is. Some have used the term 'substance' to say that everything, including GOD, is a distinct 'something'.
    If everything except GOD is created being, and that which is created has substance of some sort, could that which is 'spirit' be simply more purified, rarified, higher form of substance?
    We have a lot of assumptions of what spiritual existence actually means. I'm not claiming to know what exactly 'spirit' is, but just putting forth some questions about it and that I think that a lot that is said about it is based on unsupported presuppositions.

I am affirming that 'spiritual' does not necessarily exclude the 'physical' in Paul's explanation of the resurrected body. It does exclude mortality and corruption, but not the physical or material.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

Thread Information