Thread: "Veteran's Day"

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be back to answer more of this stuff later. Stay tuned.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,728 Times in 17,996 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    I'll be back to answer more of this stuff later. Stay tuned.
    Nah! Don't bother!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

LoneStar (May 1st, 2016),Tambora (May 1st, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiosity, do you agree with me that we'd be better off with a completely free-enterprise system and no State?
    I am a monarchist, in favor of our King and His Kingdom. He reigns now. Practically, might that look more like a completely free-enterprise system and no state? It might.
    So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Except that that's blatantly false.
    Its not. Soldiers fought and dies so that you have the freedom to say they are evil for having done so. Who do you think died for your beliefs and the right to freely speak them?

Yeah, those who fight in foreign countries are "Bad guys" and no more moral than homosexuals or adulterers.

Some will come to terms with that and will stand on principle. For those who do, including people like Doormat, I thank you for your service NOW in refuting the lies that so many Americans have been told using first-hand experience.

Others will continue to pretend like soldiers (hired killers) are the source of all that is good in this world, when it isn't.

How is it not their fault if they participated? I'm not defending the admin, of course, but that's not an excuse. Were the Nazis who "Just followed orders" excused for that reason? Of course not.

The last American war that was defensive in any sense, was World War II. And even then, there were a number of atrocities committed by the Americans during that war. And the attack on Pearl Harbor was provoked by FDR, and only able to happen in the first place because America pariticipated in another foolhardy war, WWI. The last war that was truly defensive was the War of 1812.

Wake up people, you've been brainwashed.
    All that is required for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    The reality of the soldier in the fox hole is much more immediate than the long term ramifications of their service. The soldier in the fox hole is concentrating on surviving and helping his buddies survive too.
    Does it matter what the soldier's motivation was for joining? Why thank a guy who only joined to get some college money and would have done anything to get out of combat as long as it didn't land him in Levenworth? Did such a person risk his life for you, to benefit you?

but think about the oath you took when you enlisted. If you did not agree with that oath, why did you take it?
    When I took the oath, I agreed with that oath. You think being essentially a mercenary to forward pipeline politics is what a soldier is sworn to do? Do you believe being the muscle for those who trample the Constitution is upholding the Consititution?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who do you think died for your beliefs and the right to freely speak them?
    Jesus.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doormat View Post
    Jesus.
    Jesus did not die for free speech, He died for the forgiveness of our sins and rose from the dead to redeem us to His Father.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it matter what the soldier's motivation was for joining? Why thank a guy who only joined to get some college money and would have done anything to get out of combat as long as it didn't land him in Levenworth? Did such a person risk his life for you, to benefit you?
    Yes, they did. In many cases, without probably even realizing they did. Very, very few of us are ever fully cogniscient of the long term ramifications of the decisions we make today. However, people who join the armed services can reasonable be expected to know that an armed conflict is possible.

When I took the oath, I agreed with that oath. You think being essentially a mercenary to forward pipeline politics is what a soldier is sworn to do? Do you believe being the muscle for those who trample the Constitution is upholding the Consititution?
    Soldiers are used to protect the policies of this country and the current administration. THe average foot soldier has little to no say in determining when and order is constitutional or not. There duty is to do or dies. So the individual soldier that puts their life on the line deserves my respect and thanks for risking their life.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that I can freely speak against my government.
    If there were no soldiers, policemen or other assorted agents of the State who would stop you from speaking freely against your government?

A soldier fights for freedom so that we can live the life we want to live, not the life the state tells us to live.
    False. Soldiers are agents of the State.

Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,101 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    What's absolutely absurd is to think that you know every reason that every person has for what they do. You have no place to speak for anyone but yourself.
    Pretty much the deal...but, you have to understand what your dealing with Unknown, CL is an 18 yr old, wet behind the ears dope who thinks himself to be educated in the ways of the world...I have shoes older than him, that have seen more of the world than he.

Considering the source his rantings really don't mean much, or at least have no knowledge or experience behind them.
    The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    How is the military evil? Have you ever read the Old Testament?
    Isaiah 34:2 For the LORD'S indignation is against all the nations, And His wrath against all their armies; He has utterly destroyed them, He has given them over to slaughter.

What nation or army of this world is God not against? And if they are not evil, why is God against them?

Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    Do you think we should disband the military and allow the
    "crazies" of the world; to just walk in and ring your neck, etc.?
    I have eternal life, but they don't. What do I have to lose? What did all those Christian martyrs lose by letting the "crazies" of the world persecute and murder them?

Do you think the Christians who rebelled against the king of England and fought a revolution to establish the United States, in which people who claimed to be Christians killed others who claimed to be Christians, were right to do what they did, or do you believe what they did was contrary to Romans 13:1-7 and the commandments and teachings of Jesus?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doormat, I got to talk to you, brother

Thankfully Trad went quacking first so please look at what he said for a second:

Quote Originally Posted by Traditio View Post
    If there were no soldiers, policemen or other assorted agents of the State who would stop you from speaking freely against your government?
    False. Soldiers are agents of the State.
    Doormat, For one moment please see that it doesn't matter if we talk about why people become soldiers, policemen or firemen -

because in one way or another they are all ultimately my weapon.

..Just like my hand gun, no difference.

You may say what you like but they are there for me - and everybody
    else - even the silly ones just like CM was saying.

Anyone who thinks people should be able to defend themselves should believe our government should have people willing to fight for us.

I know - we have a lot of socially retarded who don't get this but
    i hope you do.

Does our government use them in ways we disapprove of? Some say that is one thing that got Obama elected - W getting us involved.

So if I have the right to fight for myself then shouldn't I be soo appreciative to those who are soldiers, are policemen, are firemen for me?

Isaiah 34:2 For the LORD'S indignation is against all the nations, And His wrath against all their armies; He has utterly destroyed them, He has given them over to slaughter.

What nation or army of this world is God not against? And if they are not evil, why is God against them?
    Should we do prophecy here?

Do you think the Christians who rebelled against the king of England and fought a revolution to establish the United States, in which people who claimed to be Christians killed others who claimed to be Christians, were right to do what they did, or do you believe what they did was contrary to Romans 13:1-7 and the commandments and teachings of Jesus?
    Hard questions, require more than off the cuff replies - but do you say you think God has not used the US?

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,203 Times in 10,088 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if it can be argued that most wars in which our military has been involved had nothing to do with our freedom it is still a logic error to to suggest they are not available to fight for our freedom should the need arise.

Though their availability to defend us against our government if they become tyrannical is, however, a question as they are government employees.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

LoneStar (May 1st, 2016),Tambora (May 1st, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 714 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Pretty much the deal...but, you have to understand what your dealing with Unknown, CL is an 18 yr old, wet behind the ears dope who thinks himself to be educated in the ways of the world...I have shoes older than him, that have seen more of the world than he.

Considering the source his rantings really don't mean much, or at least have no knowledge or experience behind them.
    Well said.

And as far as I am concerned I think he should probably find another forum to participate on. Posting that crap here (especially on this day) was monumentally disrespectful.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Download the new TOL app for iPhone, iPad, and Android...

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Even if it can be argued that most wars in which our military has been involved had nothing to do with our freedom it is still a logic error to to suggest they are not available to fight for our freedom should the need arise.
    Who's threatening your freedom in the first place?

Though their availability to defend us against our government if they become tyrannical is, however, a question as they are government employees.
    The government only can become tyrannical through agents of the State like soldiers, policemen, etc. It's kind of hard to be tyrannical if you don't have armed men to be tyrannical with.

Note, none of this constitutes an argument against the military, etc, nor do I intend any disrespect to those who have served in the armed forces. I think that I'm just stating the obvious.

Thread Information