Thread: Total Depravity

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From frucht's manuscript: mammon of unrighteousness

Much more edifying than your selective purpose of trying to fit this into your doctrinal theory

Thanks
    Thanked 8,725 Times in 5,722 Posts

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    From frucht's manuscript: mammon of unrighteousness
    It was certainly convenient for Arnold to just leave out what the Lord Jesus said here (in bold):

"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live" (Lk.10:25-28).

We can all look brilliant if we make comments on certain events and then you refuse to address the difficult passages. that is exactly what Arnold did.

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    No, that is not what I am saying. If he would have not sinned then he would continue to have access to the tree of life and would have continued to live physically.

And that is exactly what the Lord was referring to here:
    "And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Therefore the Lord God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life" (Gen.3:22-24).
    You build yourself a little straw man, one which is not based on anything which I said, and then you say that I am mixed up. Surely you can do better than this.
    I hate to break into the interesting discussion you're having with Intojoy, but I'd like to ask my previous question in a different way. When did physical death begin? And not just for humans, but animals and plants too.
    Eph 2:8 For you are saved by grace through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift --
    Eph 2:9 not from works, so that no one can boast.
    Eph 2:10 For we are His creation, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared ahead of time so that we should walk in them. [HCSB]

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    It was certainly convenient for Arnold to just leave out what the Lord Jesus said here (in bold):

"And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live" (Lk.10:25-28).

We can all look brilliant if we make comments on certain events and then you refuse to address the difficult passages. that is exactly what Arnold did.

Delicious

Thanks
    Thanked 8,725 Times in 5,722 Posts

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    Delicious
    Is there anyplace that you can find where Arnold actually addresses what the Lord Jesus said here:

Or perhaps you can find an article where Arnold addressed what Paul said here:

"But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds: To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile" (Ro.2:5-9).

If you can then that would be a big help.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad to know where you stand on this issue. It's not a dividing issue for me. I'd like to broaden the conversations I'm having here on TOL to eschatology. I think you're an outstanding believer Jerry. You and I won't change our understanding of a total depravity so I'll have to just let it go.

I look forward to knowing you in the kingdom to come. Have fun with the Calvinists and keep in mind that God uses them as he does us. God chooses whom He will according to God's standard for any believer whether it be Sir Robert Anderson or Dr Fruchtenbaum and that standard is always humility. If we humble ourselves He, in do time will lift us up. I guess you're just not humbling yourself enough to get this hehe just kidding. Or me, I'm not humbling myself enough. Love you tho.

Thread Information