The YEC Hypothesis.

Stratnerd

You see, cells started out in a state much better than they are today after 6000 years of deleterious random mutations. It is a tribute to the Master Designer that there are any genomes left that will not eventually fall victim to cancer and other dread diseases despite the best efforts of modern medicine. This will become even more obvious as time goes on.
The master designer set it up so we will all die of terribly debilitating and painful causes?

You designer sounds like an... well I can't say it here.

Jukia

The master designer set it up so we will all die of terribly debilitating and painful causes?

You designer sounds like an... well I can't say it here.

Actually, I think bob b might be of the opinion that The Fall is what put the monkey wrench in the soup. Cause it seems to me that prior to The Fall all was well and there would have been no mutations. Else, we need to consider that God did indeed know we would screw up from the start and built the mutation mechanism in from the start. But if that is the case, why bother at all with The Fall, the prophets, Jesus etc.

Jukia

Dear Bob b,

Your premise may be well intended, but I highly recommend you read a science book.
http://product.half.ebay.com/Biology_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ5953131

Good luck,
orthodoxone

I see you are new here. Your suggestion will fall on deaf ears. bob b has already made the decision that he is correct and working biologists, astronomers, geologists, paleontologists etc are incorrect.
I have offered to pay the plane fare for his Nobel trip. Figured it was a pretty safe bet.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
bob b, have you figured out yet that the rest of the world really does not care about your interpretation of the evidence based on your own level of personal incredulity. Repeating yourself does not make it so.

Yes, many in this world do not care, but some struggle with the obvious dilemma that they believe in Jesus Christ and He validated the events in Genesis.

I am simply showing that one can believe in both Jesus Christ and his validation of Genesis events and not be a fool.

Science is self-correcting and as more scientific research is done the long ages and evolutionary hypothesis will eventually fade away. Some of us are simply "ahead of the curve" about this.

So I would say to Christians here who respect and follow Jesus Christ: stand fast regarding Jesus' validation of OT events. It will eventually be found that those who have felt compelled to compromise with His truth will be found to have followed the wrong way in this matter. Scientists are human beings and as such are not infallible as Jesus was.

The YEC hypothesis is looking better all the time despite the critics who worship Science instead of God.

orthodoxone

BANNED
Banned
Dear Bob b,

You are embarrassing other creationists. Please stop attacking our name by being dishonest and inventing your own definitions. It is hurtful.

Thanks,
orthodoxone

Lithopaedion

Back to macroevolution

Back to macroevolution

bob b,

While you're here: Any idea what evidence for macroevolution (however you define it) might look like if we assume for a moment, just in theory, that it happened?

(This question will follow you.)

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Even if geologists and anthropologists and all the people who WOULD have the expertise to determine whether a global flood occured or not....what does that tell us?

Such people have had no experience with a Global Flood. They simply prefer their own paradigm which has been developed for the past several hundred years. I repeat, having had no experience with a Global Flood they are in no position to predict what the outcome of such an event might be.

(We know many ancient pre-biblical cultures talked about a global flood. But since they didn't really understand "GLOBE" it was probably just a LOT of flooding going on. )

Every culture around the world has ancient memories of a global flood, which were originally undoubtedly kept as written records by the Ark survivors. The original separate acounts in Genesis were undoubtedly preserved in the ancient archives of Egypt, where Moses, being a Prince of Egypt, found them and edited them into the single book known as Genesis. See "The Tablet Theory of Genesis Authorship".
http://www.ldolphin.org/tablethy.html

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dear Bob b,

You are embarrassing other creationists. Please stop attacking our name by being dishonest and inventing your own definitions. It is hurtful.

Thanks,
orthodoxone

I realize that there are creationists who have compomised with Genesis by reinterpreting it to agree with things like the Big Bang and evolution.

I have found that YECs do not do this.

Are you a YEC or are you a creationist who compromises scripture to agree with the current ideas of cosmologists and evolutionists?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dear Bob b,

Your premise may be well intended, but I highly recommend you read a science book.
http://product.half.ebay.com/Biology_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ5953131

Good luck,
orthodoxone

You might be surprised how many famous and excellent science books I have in my personal library.

It seems that people in South Bend have minimum interest in science, particularly biology, evolution, astronomy and cosmology. so that these books quickly end up as surplus and sold at the quarterly book sales for $1.

Most of these end up in my personal library, because I have been a science lover for about 60 years.

fool

Hall of Fame
Such people have had no experience with a Global Flood. They simply prefer their own paradigm which has been developed for the past several hundred years. I repeat, having had no experience with a Global Flood they are in no position to predict what the outcome of such an event might be.

There it is again!
That same stuff that other one was saying!

What is it that you think a global flood does that is so beyond normal examination?
Do you guys have something to state or is it just a continuous appeal to ignorance?

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There it is again!
That same stuff that other one was saying!

What is it that you think a global flood does that is so beyond normal examination?
Do you guys have something to state or is it just a continuous appeal to ignorance?

People are always saying that a global flood couldn't do this or that, but they have no experience whatsoever with a global flood so how can they be so certain?

The history of science shows that until there is enough experience to act as a guide, prior expections are routinely overturned by a solitary event.

The exploration of the planets is an excellent example, but of course there are many Earth bound examples as well.

Mr Jack

...without ever having heard of falsification, apparently.
Don't bother with bob; he's spent his entire time at TOL avoiding every chance to develop a meaningful response to his nonsense and instead repeated it while pretending it hasn't been refuted.

bob b

Science Lover
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yet another falsehood from bob. I'd bother to refute it but bob has such a perfect record of ignoring the facts it doesn't seem worth it.

Well, I collect such things, so if you know of an ancient culture that does not mention a flood I would certainly like to hear about it.

fool

Hall of Fame
People are always saying that a global flood couldn't do this or that, but they have no experience whatsoever with a global flood so how can they be so certain?
Can you give an example of "this or that"?

The history of science shows that until there is enough experience to act as a guide, prior expections are routinely overturned by a solitary event.
I think that mankind has enough experience with water to understand whatever you think a "global flood" would do that was out of the ordinary if you would be so kind as to explain what you mean by it rather than just repeating it.
The exploration of the planets is an excellent example,
Of people not understanding global floods?
Or something else?

but of course there are many Earth bound examples as well.
Of people not understaning water? or space exploration?

fool

Hall of Fame
Well, I collect such things, so if you know of an ancient culture that does not mention a flood I would certainly like to hear about it.

They all have floods as far as I know.
All that means is that there was a flood.

rexlunae

I'd be very impressed if you could find a Chinease source which indicates that there was a flood that covered all of China.