Stupidest Post of the Year - 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yup... no contest necessary. This post by Pettrix wins hands down.
LEGALISM IS EVIL.

Let us see more things that are fundamentally evil:

Internet
Society
The Government
Christian schools
Public Schools
Some churches
Roman Catholicism
Mormonism
Methodists
Presbyterians
All other "denominations" that preach a false gospel
Wal-Mart
The City of Denver
Colorado & every other state
The USA
Cable TV
Hollywood
Disney Studios
7th Day Adventists
People
Police Departments
Fire Departments
Hospitals
Doctors
NASA
Christian Seminaries
Costco
Safeway
Blockbuster Video
GM
Toyota
Nissan
All the other car manufacturers
Punk Rock
Hard Rock
Rap
Grunge
Country
Music in general
Starbucks
McDonalds (did you know they donate money for homo causes?)
Burger King
Wendys

Maybe it would be easier to summarize it in ONE WORD:
THE WORLD AND EVERYTHING IN IT.
God created music and God instituted government yet Pettrix claims those items are fundamentally evil! :rotfl: Now while it can be argued that government and music can be evil (when they are abused) neither one of those things (along with almost everything else on your list) are fundamentally evil - in fact, both government and music and good things!

Pettrix your list is absurd. You are absurd.

Mystery

Pettrix is a moron of morons. Not to mention the most legalistic person I have ever encountered.

He wins the Pharisee Of The Year award! :first:

Maximeee

Death2impiety's Wife
Gold Subscriber
:BRAVO: Yaaay for being a legalist... :banana:

Oh wait... It's not a good being a legalist, right? :idunno: :noid:

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Pettrix is MAD. Is he connected to the other Denver MAD types here?

No.:rain:

However, he is a total and complete legalist and hypocrite.:cry:
I would like to think he is just ignorant and naive but he seems to smart for that.:first:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Which proves that just like you and your affirming that Jesus is God, you can still be a legalist, a hypocrite, and in a cult.

Huh? Which cult affirms the Deity of Christ? Pettrix does not deny Christ just because he is legalistic about the internet and McDonald's?!
Not all believers are the sharpest tool in the shed, but that does not mean they are not believers.

Have you ever been arrested?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pettrix is MAD. Is he connected to the other Denver MAD types here?
Some MAD folks like Pettrix, Hilston and a handful of others that have participated on TOL create their own legalism trying too hard to be not legalistic. It's kinda like when a conservative tries soooooo hard to be conservative that they actually start becoming left wing.

It's really tragic.

red77

The list might as well have saved a lot of time and effort by just saying

'Everything'.....

pretty mad alright....

:dizzy:

GuySmiley

Shouldn't you wait until January for this award? I mean a lot of people save their best stuff for last. I'm sure someone could top this post before 2008.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The RCC, Calvinism, Arminianism, & Word of Faith (some of them).

WOF is heretical, but not on essential truth. Health, wealth, prosperity is not a denial of the person and work of Christ. Solomon had the above without being godless.

It is possible, though not certain, for a Catholic or Calvinist or Arminian to be a genuine Christian. These labels are not the same as pseudo-Christian theological worldviews like Mormonism, Christian Science, and JWs.

You cannot always change semantics to support your prejudices. I am Catholic on the Deity of Christ and His resurrection, as are you. I am not Catholic on the Pope and Mass, etc. I am Calvinistic in that I believe in justification by grace through faith and the Trinity. I am not Calvinistic in TULIP. I am Arminian in emphasis on free will and personal responsibility, but not in EDF/simple foreknowledge. Classifying beliefs for communication purposes, like any academic discipline should not be confused with the simplicity of the gospel and faith in Christ which many (not all) under these umbrellas affirm just like you and me.

JoyfulRook

I don't know guys.... I think he was pretty right on when he called country music "fundementally evil."
:Grizzly: :neck:

;)

ShadowMaid

I don't know guys.... I think he was pretty right on when he called country music "fundementally evil."
:Grizzly: :neck:

;)
Says the kid with the emo singer in his avatar.

I'm kinda baffled at Pettrix, because I can't see how anyone can be just that stupid. What makes him not tick? :idunno: But in the realm of picked posts, this is a qualified pick, Knight. :D

GuySmiley

I am pretty sure this one is a lock. :)
It would help Pettrix hold the award if Kalel29 was banned until January. I think Kalel29 may pull ahead with one more stupid defense of abortion. He's probably saving a special thread starter for after Christmas so the stupidity of it will be fresh in your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.