User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Infractions for reporting posts that DO NOT NEED REPORTING.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,100 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infractions for reporting posts that DO NOT NEED REPORTING.

I will soon start handing out infractions for people who are continually reporting posts that should not be reported. And if your infractions add up you will be auto-banned.

If you don't like what another member is posting just ignore them or even use the "ignore feature" that will hide their posts from you.

I'm a busy guy and I'm sick of investigating some many reported posts that are not breaking any TOL rules.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looks like we were thinking alike again.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=95241

Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,100 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delmar View Post

LOL... yeah... I saw that.

Also... I added a new infraction in the mod-tools for "Falsely reporting posts"
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,912 Times in 8,807 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Tambora (July 2nd, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,441 Times in 4,930 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delmar View Post

You know what might actually help that work? If when A puts B on ignore B can no longer see A's posts either.

Here's why I think that matters: you put someone on ignore. Later you find a topic that interests you. You don't see any indication of the problem child, but immediately after you post you see a note that the poster has posted. It could be coincidence, but you know it likely isn't. That's how those starved for your attention goad you into giving it. And it's human nature to speak to it and/or look at some point, especially if it happens a good deal.

But, if my putting you on ignore took away your ability to read what I'm writing it would make it difficult for you to chime in without looking like an enormous doofus and my knowing you couldn't really be discussing anything I'd said would make the temptation to end ignoring you and entering into the old problem much less likely.

I don't know if it's possible to do, but I bet it would have a positive impact.

You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    You know what might actually help that work? If when A puts B on ignore B can no longer see A's posts either...

...I don't know if it's possible to do

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    LOL... yeah... I saw that.

Also... I added a new infraction in the mod-tools for "Falsely reporting posts"
    Nice! Also the warnings I give for this may include a link to the ban them yourself thread!

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will soon start handing out infractions for people who are continually reporting posts that should not be reported. And if your infractions add up you will be auto-banned.

If you don't like what another member is posting just ignore them or even use the "ignore feature" that will hide their posts from you.

I'm a busy guy and I'm sick of investigating some many reported posts that are not breaking any TOL rules.

this post has been reported

You know what might actually help that work? If when A puts B on ignore B can no longer see A's posts either.
    that is totally retarded

Thanks
    Thanked 1,097 Times in 748 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Excellent idea, Knight, especially lately.
    They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ebenz47037 For Your Post:

Tambora (July 2nd, 2016)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about bonus points for reporting true infractions?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,291 Times in 1,648 Posts

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's why I think that matters: you put someone on ignore. Later you find a topic that interests you. You don't see any indication of the problem child, but immediately after you post you see a note that the poster has posted. It could be coincidence, but you know it likely isn't. That's how those starved for your attention goad you into giving it. And it's human nature to speak to it and/or look at some point, especially if it happens a good deal.

But, if my putting you on ignore took away your ability to read what I'm writing it would make it difficult for you to chime in without looking like an enormous doofus and my knowing you couldn't really be discussing anything I'd said would make the temptation to end ignoring you and entering into the old problem much less likely.

I don't know if it's possible to do, but I bet it would have a positive impact.

That might be used in a tyrannical fashion, if allowed, for even though another poster might really bother you, his/her response at large might be helpful and give perspective to others reading what you are posting.

Such could potentially be a means of removing all critique of one's views.

Like how could the RCC express their views against my protestations, if they could not read them. I could just ignore all Roman Catholics and sharply reduce their participation around here, by doing so. Or at least, I and other Reformers could reduce them to mere bloggers by using such method.

"The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post

Such could potentially be a means of removing all critique of one's views.
    Which would in turn, render the person "removing all critique" irrelevant on the forum.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Delmar For Your Post:

Tambora (July 2nd, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,441 Times in 4,930 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    That might be used in a tyrannical fashion, if allowed, for even though another poster might really bother you, his/her response at large might be helpful and give perspective to others reading what you are posting.
    I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying that if I have you on ignore YOU (not anyone else) can't read what I write and I can't read what you write.

As it stands now it's one sided. So I can put you on ignore while you get free shots at commenting on my posts. It's often how people who are put on ignore goad others into taking them off. But if you can't see me when I can't see you it effectively robs both of us of a way to comment on our respective writings and knowing that removes the temptation to look.

You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks
    Thanked 47,429 Times in 29,249 Posts

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm saying that if I have you on ignore YOU (not anyone else) can't read what I write and I can't read what you write.

As it stands now it's one sided. So I can put you on ignore while you get free shots at commenting on my posts. It's often how people who are put on ignore goad others into taking them off. But if you can't see me when I can't see you it effectively robs both of us of a way to comment on our respective writings and knowing that removes the temptation to look.

She right.

Let's say Steko has me on ignore.
    He then starts a thread about whether the last supper was the passover lamb meal.
    I want to counter the argument he makes.
    I know he cannot see my counter, but I want to counter his points for the viewers.

If I cannot see what he posts, I can't counter any of his points.

Just because Steko doesn't want to see what I write, does not mean that I should have to give up seeing what he writes.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Thanks
    Thanked 47,429 Times in 29,249 Posts

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post

This post has been reported
    ROFL!

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Thread Information