User Tag List

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: And Now For A Nice Thread About All Things Pleasant...

Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,784 Times in 3,852 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow - that's awesome.

I love clouds, love the patterns they make, their contrast against the blue, the play of light and shadow around and through them. Sublime.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. That's about six wide-angle shots, stitched together. The front was coming in fast, and the clouds were truly awesome. I needed the whole sky to capture the immensity of the approaching storm.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    and i think it's pleasant that perverts like rusha will burn in hell for rejecting that sacrifice

I think it's nice that you will be joining them considering your own faith is based on fear and not love.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    and i think it's pleasant that perverts like rusha will burn in hell for rejecting that sacrifice
    You are quite deranged.

Over 1500 post club lovemeorhateme's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    LMOMH, that is absolutely breathtaking. You're lucky!

I'd never be able to walk to the edge and look over, though.
    I should go up there more often.. haven't been up there in over a year now. It's beautiful! I guess we don't always appreciate what we have when we live so close to it? That pic you posted from your part of California was pretty stunning!

As for looking over the edge.. I have a hard time getting too close to it myself! One unfortunate fact is that the area of Beachy Head is, according to statistics, the world's number 2 suicide spot. But we try not to think about that.

It's actually a part of what is now the South Downs National Park which runs 87 miles from the town of Eastbourne in the East across the south of England towards Winchester and covers an area of 628 square miles. The South Downs themselves are a collection of rolling chalk hills.

At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Winner of TOL Post of the Year 2012

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was taken two nights ago in London. There were some very bad thunderstorms all over the country and I think this shot looks pretty awesome with lightening getting close to the London Eye...

At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,784 Times in 3,852 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lovemeorhateme View Post
    I should go up there more often.. haven't been up there in over a year now. It's beautiful! I guess we don't always appreciate what we have when we live so close to it?
    I think that's very true, we sometimes forget the beauty we have around us because we're too familiar with it.

That pic you posted from your part of California was pretty stunning!
    That's upstate from me, but I've been through there often enough, and thanks. California has so much natural beauty and it's so diverse... beautiful coastline, mountains and desert and rolling inland hills and flatland. It's pretty awesome, I have to say.

As for looking over the edge.. I have a hard time getting too close to it myself! One unfortunate fact is that the area of Beachy Head is, according to statistics, the world's number 2 suicide spot. But we try not to think about that.
    Oh, that's a terrible thought.

It's actually a part of what is now the South Downs National Park which runs 87 miles from the town of Eastbourne in the East across the south of England towards Winchester and covers an area of 628 square miles. The South Downs themselves are a collection of rolling chalk hills.
    Very cool. Thanks, and that was such a great photo.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 3,500 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bybee View Post
    You are quite deranged.
    Pleasant is only having to remember he's even here once in blue moon when someone reposts his nonsense.

Very nice.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lovemeorhateme View Post
    This was taken two nights ago in London. There were some very bad thunderstorms all over the country and I think this shot looks pretty awesome with lightening getting close to the London Eye...

I love your pictures! Keep them coming. Thanks!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bybee View Post
    I love your pictures! Keep them coming. Thanks!
    Thanks!

I haven't taken any of these pics myself but they're all from places I've been to.

How about this one from the Lake District National Park in northern England?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a bit silly, but kinda cool, if you can do it. I was riding back from Iowa, with Mrs. B driving. I noticed low clouds going back to the horizon. It occured to me that we were running parallel with them and that if I took two shots, I'd get stereo pairs with about 1/4 mile separation, which should make the clouds visible in 3-D, which ordinarily we can't see.

Stare at them and cross your eyes. It helps if you pick out one detail and try to get the two images to merge at that point.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 3,500 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Here's a thing that just happens to me but you can make happen if you aren't the sort it tends to happen to. Look at the bridge on the left. Now look at the back of the arch and think of it as the front of the arch.

If you do it right imagine what my reaction was when it simply happened to me driving toward it.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like a Necker Cube, only scary.

Thread Information