User Tag List

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32394041424344 LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 654

Thread: And Now For A Nice Thread About All Things Pleasant...

  1. #616
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 522 Times in 364 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    159992
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Is he a good little boy?
    He didn't like me being there. His parents had been nesting there for about three years, so they were pretty accustomed to me being around. I have a picture of one of his siblings giving me the stinkeye, while his Dad is ignoring me completely.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Eagles Wings (August 25th, 2017),patrick jane (September 3rd, 2017),Rusha (August 26th, 2017)

  3. #617
    Fiddle Dee Dee Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    41,318
    Thanks
    120,147
    Thanked 36,316 Times in 22,690 Posts

    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148059
    I love this!!!!!!!!!!!


    For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    Lon (August 29th, 2017),patrick jane (September 3rd, 2017)

  5. #618
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 522 Times in 364 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    159992
    Chinese Lantern Festival Fair Park, Dallas
    Last edited by The Barbarian; August 28th, 2017 at 02:09 PM.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  6. #619
    TOL Legend annabenedetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    11,500
    Thanks
    5,301
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 3,855 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147704
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Chinese Lantern Festival Fair Park, Dallas

    So beautiful!
    So keep your candles burning
    "Nevertheless, she persisted."
    a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

  7. #620
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    18,494
    Thanks
    2,681
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 3,500 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147790
    Someone posted this on FB:

    I've noticed a few of you are having a bad time of late.
    In case no one told you today.
    You're beautiful.
    You're loved.
    You're needed.
    You're wanted.
    You're not a failure.
    You're not a waste of space.
    You're alive for a reason.
    You're stronger than you think.
    You're going to get through this.
    I'm glad you're alive.
    DON'T GIVE UP
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

    annabenedetti (September 13th, 2017),Lon (August 29th, 2017),Rusha (September 3rd, 2017),The Barbarian (August 29th, 2017)

  9. #621
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,717
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 70 Times in 66 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    227931
    "If you say the Rosary faithfully until death, I do assure you that, in spite of the gravity of your sins 'you shall receive a never fading crown of glory.' [2] Even if you are on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in Hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do who practise black magic, and even if you are a heretic as obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and will amend your life and save your soul, if----and mark well what I say----if you say the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon for your sins" (St. Louis Marie de Montfort, Secret of the Rosary, Red Rose).

  10. #622
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,717
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 70 Times in 66 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    227931
    "If you say the Rosary faithfully until death, I do assure you that, in spite of the gravity of your sins 'you shall receive a never fading crown of glory.' [2] Even if you are on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in Hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do who practise black magic, and even if you are a heretic as obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and will amend your life and save your soul, if----and mark well what I say----if you say the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon for your sins" (St. Louis Marie de Montfort, Secret of the Rosary, Red Rose).

  11. #623
    Out of Order Town Heretic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Within a whisper of rivers...
    Posts
    18,494
    Thanks
    2,681
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 3,500 Posts

    Blog Entries
    15
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147790
    Found this old home movie AB inadvertently returned with a copy of Raiders that I loaned him.

    I think it's special. The label says, New Years With Family, 1994.

    Not sure why it's in black and white. Less sure of the fashion choices, but you have to give AB credit for the way he directs the dance.

    Anyway, here he is in all his puffy shirt glory. A soulful window into his clan's traditions.


    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life







  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Town Heretic For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (September 9th, 2017)

  13. #624
    Nobody is free when others are oppressed Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    12,197
    Thanks
    11,703
    Thanked 3,328 Times in 1,899 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147725
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Found this old home movie AB inadvertently returned with a copy of Raiders that I loaned him.

    I think it's special. The label says, New Years With Family, 1994.
    Yes, it is special.
    Women have been taught that, for us, the earth is flat, and that if we venture out, we will fall off the edge. ~ Andrea Dworkin











  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

    Town Heretic (September 3rd, 2017)

  15. #625
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 522 Times in 364 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    159992
    Spring baseball evening.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (September 9th, 2017),Rusha (September 10th, 2017)

  17. #626
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 522 Times in 364 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    159992
    Ozark's Bourbon Double Cream Stout
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    annabenedetti (September 13th, 2017),Arthur Brain (September 8th, 2017),Rusha (September 10th, 2017)

  19. #627
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 522 Times in 364 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    159992
    Giant Swallowtail (I think)
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    annabenedetti (September 13th, 2017),Arthur Brain (September 9th, 2017),Eagles Wings (September 9th, 2017),Rusha (September 10th, 2017)

  21. #628
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    11,509
    Thanks
    4,778
    Thanked 4,308 Times in 2,860 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147702
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Found this old home movie AB inadvertently returned with a copy of Raiders that I loaned him.

    I think it's special. The label says, New Years With Family, 1994.

    Not sure why it's in black and white. Less sure of the fashion choices, but you have to give AB credit for the way he directs the dance.

    Anyway, here he is in all his puffy shirt glory. A soulful window into his clan's traditions.


    You redacted...and then some more redacted!

    Well this is fun isn't it?


  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Rusha (September 10th, 2017)

  23. #629
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    26,912
    Thanks
    11,601
    Thanked 13,577 Times in 10,926 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147787
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    You redacted...and then some more redacted!

    Which one is you Art?
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  24. #630
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    5,837
    Thanks
    3,017
    Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,669 Posts

    Blog Entries
    143
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147668
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Found this old home movie AB inadvertently returned with a copy of Raiders that I loaned him.

    I think it's special. The label says, New Years With Family, 1994.

    Not sure why it's in black and white. Less sure of the fashion choices, but you have to give AB credit for the way he directs the dance.

    Anyway, here he is in all his puffy shirt glory. A soulful window into his clan's traditions.
    The video maker's comments below the video are worth a read:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs2j...ature=youtu.be

    AMR
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the many embedded links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.



    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ask Mr. Religion For Your Post:

    patrick jane (September 11th, 2017),Town Heretic (September 11th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us