ARCHIVE: Hello. (funniest "hello" thread ever!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
icilian fenner said:

Come now, that's lowering yourself. Please, point out how you and they differ in the fundamentals? Both believe they are irrevocably right, similarly unconcerned with the opinions of those who aren't enlightened to your particular God, whatever you feel that your God calls for you stand for with vehemence, rarely feeling the need to stretch beyond 'you're blind, but I can see' as a defense from unbeliever's criticisms.

As far as I can see, you haven't refuted any of these? Am I right?
No. But that's never stopped you from claiming you were.:think: :idea:You're just like Muslim extremists!:rolleyes:

I really see no difference. If you thought in the bible it had told you to go and blow yourself up, killing people who hadn't wronged you in the process, I'm sorry to say that I'd expect you to be hopping around with explosives strapped on. Thank Goodness your chosen deity only calls for the execution of homosexuals.

So if you felt God called you to kill people in the name of justice, you wouldn't? Note that as you have conceded, this God also defines what is and what isn't wronging you (or him?), so there doesn't have to be any actual wrong-doing on the persons behalf beyond not believing your religious line..
I didn't say that. If God had called me to be an executioner, in a proper governmental structure, then I would seek that position. And you have no idea what God deems as wrong, anyway, so why am I even engaging in this asinine conversation?:confused:

fool

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
I didn't say that. If God had called me to be an executioner, in a proper governmental structure, then I would seek that position.
I don't have a problem executing people either.

icilian fenner

Lighthouse said:
No. But that's never stopped you from claiming you were.:think: :idea:You're just like Muslim extremists!:rolleyes:

New lows, lighthouse, or just ones I haven't yet encountered?

I didn't say that. If God had called me to be an executioner, in a proper governmental structure, then I would seek that position. And you have no idea what God deems as wrong, anyway, so why am I even engaging in this asinine conversation?:confused:
Which bit didn't you say?
And maybe because somewhere in the back of your head you accept you may be wrong?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
icilian fenner said:
New lows, lighthouse, or just ones I haven't yet encountered?
I took what you said, showed you how it applied to you, exposing your hypocrisy. What's low about that?

Which bit didn't you say?
Are you really having that much trouble following along?

And maybe because somewhere in the back of your head you accept you may be wrong?
Wrong about what? I know I'm not 100% right in everything I believe. Some things I believe are wrong, and I can accept that. If I am proven wrong, I will change my mind, as I have done before.

red77

Lighthouse said:
I'd forget that I was trying not to say those things, and then I'd have to edit post after post, unless I just put you, and a few others, on ignore for the day. That's a lot of work either way.

As for what you believe, you believe everyone will end up in Heaven, despite whether or not they accepted Christ before they ended up on the other side, eventually, even if they have to go through hell first.

Then you really have an addiction to immature ad hominems and it would be worth it to try dont ya think, just for a day?
As for what I believe you still dont know I'm afraid......

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
icilian fenner said:
How am I being ignorant?
I can assure you that it isn't intentional.
Broadly enough, everyone harms someone somehow.
I didn't mean that you were actually ignorant, only that you were playing ignorant by posting the above statenment.

icilian fenner

Lighthouse said:
I took what you said, showed you how it applied to you, exposing your hypocrisy. What's low about that?
I may not be right, and I may claim to be right, but I am willing to admit where I am wrong if I am shown that I am. You implied it was not the case without supporting it, and that's what I'm calling low.

Are you really having that much trouble following along?
You replied to a paragraph. Did you not say that you wouldn't kill people in the name of God's justice if he called you to? Did you not say that God defines what is and what isn't wronging you?

Wrong about what? I know I'm not 100% right in everything I believe. Some things I believe are wrong, and I can accept that. If I am proven wrong, I will change my mind, as I have done before.
About there being a difference between you and a Muslim terrorist, aside from religious text.
And I am glad to hear it :).

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
red77 said:
Then you really have an addiction to immature ad hominems and it would be worth it to try dont ya think, just for a day?
As I said, I would forget. It's not really somethign I think about.

As for what I believe you still dont know I'm afraid......
So you're not a Universalist?

icilian fenner

Lighthouse said:
I didn't mean that you were actually ignorant, only that you were playing ignorant by posting the above statenment.
I certainly didn't mean to be. I think what I said there is likely to be true...
If you execute a child for cursing his parents, what of the other petyr, on-a-par-with that things there are in the world? Would you execute for all of them? People being cold, or sharing angry words with each other, for instance..

red77

Lighthouse said:
As I said, I would forget. It's not really somethign I think about.

Then the exercise might do some good, its not doing you any favours calling people morons or idiots because all you're doing is antagonising folk, if you cant last a day without using the word idiot or moron then maybe its time to reevaluate?

So you're not a Universalist?

I'm not one for labels to be honest but your assessment of what I believe is wrong - other than that I believe that God can restore all of what he creates

Punisher1984

Lighthouse said:
Did I say she wasn't? But she claims to know God. I posit that she does not know Him. Follow along.

Actually, she tells me that she doesn't know "god" or if anyone really knows "god" for that matter. Although she remains theistic, she doesn't claim to know the nature of "god."

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
icilian fenner said:
I may not be right, and I may claim to be right, but I am willing to admit where I am wrong if I am shown that I am. You implied it was not the case without supporting it, and that's what I'm calling low.
In case the ":rolleyes:" didn't tip you off, I was being sarcastic. I was taking what you said about me, and reversing it to you, to show your hypocrisy, in accusing me, without supporting it. So all of your responses since then have only proven your hypocrisy more.

You replied to a paragraph. Did you not say that you wouldn't kill people in the name of God's justice if he called you to? Did you not say that God defines what is and what isn't wronging you?
I would kill people in the name of justice, if God called me to. But only as an executioner in a Godly government. I would never commit suicide in the vain delusion that I was somehow a martyr. Nor would I go about killing millions of innocent people, as suicide bombers do.

Also, God does not define what is wrong, or right.

About there being a difference between you and a Muslim terrorist, aside from religious text.
And I am glad to hear it :).
:confused:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
icilian fenner said:
I certainly didn't mean to be. I think what I said there is likely to be true...
If you execute a child for cursing his parents, what of the other petyr, on-a-par-with that things there are in the world? Would you execute for all of them? People being cold, or sharing angry words with each other, for instance..
The verse is not speaking about bringing run of the mill harm. Nor is it speaking about a teenager cursing their parents, in the way you are thinking.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
red77 said:
Then the exercise might do some good, its not doing you any favours calling people morons or idiots because all you're doing is antagonising folk, if you cant last a day without using the word idiot or moron then maybe its time to reevaluate?
:yawn:

I'm not one for labels to be honest but your assessment of what I believe is wrong - other than that I believe that God can restore all of what he creates
Do you believe He will?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Punisher1984 said:
Actually, she tells me that she doesn't know "god" or if anyone really knows "god" for that matter. Although she remains theistic, she doesn't claim to know the nature of "god."
Well she obviously doesn't know His nature, so it's good she admits it.

Status
Not open for further replies.