BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimiel

You who practice lawlessness? Where does that come from?

Rev 22:
18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
Dave, those who are evildoers are practicing lawlessness. The phrases mean basically the same thing. Nothing has been 'added' to The Word of God. You're about as bright as Squeaky. You really need to buy a clue, dude. :nono:

PKevman

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Rev 22:
18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.

I'm praying for you, dude, and the people you lead.

Dave you simply quoted a different translation. You do realize that don't you? Or is your accusation against me that I am the one who wrote the New King James version of the Bible? Is this the best you can do? If you click the link to the Scripture I quoted you will see it is there in the New King James translation that I quoted the verse in.....so your backhanded attempt to try and say I am "adding to the book" by quoting Revelation 22 doesn't work!

Now you are either a false accuser or you made a mistake. Which is it Dave?

PKevman

Dave, those who are evildoers are practicing lawlessness. The phrases mean basically the same thing. Nothing has been 'added' to The Word of God. You're about as bright as Squeaky. You really need to buy a clue, dude. :nono:

I'm just curious as to how he arrived at the conclusion. He obviously didn't read the link for the Scripture that I posted.

Aimiel

Now you are either a false accuser or you made a mistake. Which is it Dave?
Ooh, ooh, I know this one... pick me, pick me!!! :wave2:
I'm just curious as to how he arrived at the conclusion. He obviously didn't read the link for the Scripture that I posted.
I'm vaguely familiar with both translations, so I recognized what you posted as Scripture, as well as what he posted. He's grasping at straws since universalism has no real grounds in Truth.

PKevman

DaveMiller said:

For perspective, Dave, here are four DIFFERENT translations:

KJV:
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

NAS:

21"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

NKJV

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

NLT:

21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. 22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

Ecumenicist

Fine, fine, you got it from NKJV. I apologize, though Nin tends to delete my aplogies.

You were attacking, through and with Nin, my own confession of faith.

Which laws were Jesus referring to?

Matt 5:22 - avoid anger

Matt 5:21 - don't lust

Matt 5:31 don't divorce

Matt 5:33 do not swear oaths

Mat 5:38 be generous with those who would do evil against you

Matt 5:43 love your enemies

Matt 6 - give, pray, and fast in secret, and serve God first, not wealth

Matt 7:1 "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

Matt 7:12 - the golden rule - Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Which of these laws does Universalism violate?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
You were attacking, through and with Nin, my own confession of faith.

Dave, your witness speaks louder than a mantra.

Which laws were Jesus referring to?

Matt 5:22 - avoid anger

Matt 5:21 - don't lust

Matt 5:31 don't divorce

Matt 5:33 do not swear oaths

Mat 5:38 be generous with those who would do evil against you

Matt 5:43 love your enemies

Matt 6 - give, pray, and fast in secret, and serve God first, not wealth

Matt 7:1 "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

Matt 7:12 - the golden rule - Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Wow dave, exercising your god/dess(es) given right to name sins again I see.

Really though, what does universalism care about "sin", as all absolutely will be saved regardless... eventually.

Balder

Nineveh said:
Really though, what does universalism care about "sin", as all absolutely will be saved regardless... eventually.
Do you really believe sin would not be worth worrying about, if all will be saved eventually? That the only way for sin to have weight and meaning is if it is backed up with the threat of eternal punishment?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Do you really believe sin would not be worth worrying about, if all will be saved eventually?

Not really. Whatever Jesus doesn't cover can be "burnt off" in the uni lake. There really is no second death (eternal separation from God).

That the only way for sin to have weight and meaning is if it is backed up with the threat of eternal punishment?

"The only way for..."? Perhaps you misunderstand. That's the way it is. Sin has eternal consequence, it's wages is death, and there is only One God who can help you with that debt.

Balder

Not really. Whatever Jesus doesn't cover can be "burnt off" in the uni lake. There really is no second death (eternal separation from God).
Well, the Buddhist view is more coherent than the Uni one, in my opinion. But the Uni view is better than its alternative, the Eternal Damnationalism you espouse.

Nineveh said:
"The only way for..."? Perhaps you misunderstand. That's the way it is. Sin has eternal consequence, it's wages is death, and there is only One God who can help you with that debt.
Do you have a hard time differentiating your beliefs from reality in other areas of your life, Nin?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Well, the Buddhist view is more coherent than the Uni one, in my opinion. But the Uni view is better than its alternative, the Eternal Damnationalism you espouse.

Well, by all means, choose your favorite fable and cling on! You are without excuse.

Do you have a hard time differentiating your beliefs from reality in other areas of your life, Nin?

Oooooo! : sobs : That hurt my feelings! : sniffle : ...and from such a loving, all inclusive, tolerant, caring pagan such as yourself! : shrinks back whimpering : Are you going to beat me up and steal my lunch money now, too? : sniff :

:darwinsm:

Balder

Oooooo! : sobs : That hurt my feelings! : sniffle : ...and from such a loving, all inclusive, tolerant, caring pagan such as yourself! : shrinks back whimpering : Are you going to beat me up and steal my lunch money now, too? : sniff :

:darwinsm:

You should know that love sometimes hurts, Nin.

Here's what I'm telling you: You're saying, "That's the way it is" in relation to your beliefs, not to anything you can prove. I

Nineveh

Merely Christian
You should know that love sometimes hurts, Nin.

Sure I do. But what you just did was call attention to your hypocrisy, you could have just offered a reply instead :)

Here's what I'm telling you: You're saying, "That's the way it is" in relation to your beliefs, not to anything you can prove. I

If you have a problem with it, you can take it up with the Creator on Judgment Day.

Balder

Sure I do. But what you just did was call attention to your hypocrisy, you could have just offered a reply instead :)
What hypocrisy? Is it inconsistent for me to criticize or chastise you? When have I ever said that criticism isn't allowed?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
What hypocrisy? Is it inconsistent for me to criticize or chastise you?

Surely not. However you aren't going to "criticize" or "chastise" me into ignoring God on the issue. Judge rightly... oops. You are a pagan and judge by your own self righteous standard. Sorry balder, I could never be as good as you, I'm just gunna have to stick with Christ.

When have I ever said that criticism isn't allowed?

You can call that "criticism" if you like, but what it was was a lame attempt to mock me because you didn't have anything better to say and can't find another thread to spam.

Balder

Surely not. However you aren't going to "criticize" or "chastise" me into ignoring God on the issue. Judge rightly... oops. You are a pagan and judge by your own self righteous standard. Sorry balder, I could never be as good as you, I'm just gunna have to stick with Christ.

You can call that "criticism" if you like, but what it was was a lame attempt to mock me because you didn't have anything better to say and can't find another thread to spam.

Well, you're right, I was mocking you. And my time definitely could be better spent.

Aimiel

All of the ones you've mentioned, because it is a severe violation of the first commandment, since the god it invents doesn't exist. By following the god of your imagination and whimsy, you've abandoned The One True God.

Ecumenicist

Dave, your witness speaks louder than a mantra.

Wow dave, exercising your god/dess(es) given right to name sins again I see.

We care because here and now, people in sin are hurting, hurting themselves
and others.

Christ's Words, commandments, to love even our enemies, to be kind, to even
be perfect, even as God is perfect, bearing the fruits of the Spirit, these are
instructions for how to live in the Kingdom, here and now.

All this talk about eternity misses the whole point, in my opinion. The point is
here and now, trusting in God, living in the Spirit, loving, being kind and praying
for others, even as we want others to be kind and pray for us, this is the point.

The Kingdom is At Hand, life begins at birth, eternal life begins at rebirth, why
wait for eternity? Live the promise here and now, accept the gift of salvation
here and now, God will take care of eternity.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
We care because here and now, people in sin are hurting, hurting themselves and others.

What sin? Certainly not homosexuality. Oh... you must mean all the "sins" you label. Guess what? God isn't going to judge by your standard. You really should become familiar with the God of the Bible Who already laid down the Law.

Christ's Words, commandments, to love even our enemies, to be kind, to even
be perfect, even as God is perfect, bearing the fruits of the Spirit, these are
instructions for how to live in the Kingdom, here and now.

Oops... dave forgot again... Jesus said the greatest of the commandments was to Love God First. When you forget to do that, then you wind up making up sins and ignoring the real ones.

All this talk about eternity misses the whole point, in my opinion. The point is
here and now, trusting in God, living in the Spirit, loving, being kind and praying
for others, even as we want others to be kind and pray for us, this is the point.

Not really. The point is sin is real and it separates us from God. If we are in sin, we can do none of the above, if we are in Christ, we know loving God comes first, that means listening to Him on the topic of what is and is not sin.

The Kingdom is At Hand,

You still do not grasp dispensationalism do you?

life begins at birth,

Lie.

eternal life begins at rebirth,

And death begins at the age of accountability. (Rom 7)

why wait for eternity? Live the promise here and now, accept the gift of salvation
here and now, God will take care of eternity.

You forgot to mention either A. one can be seperated for that eternity if they don't want to be with God, or B. one has all of eternity to decide if they want to be with God, so it really doesn't matter what one does here and now, it all ends the same for everyone.

Aimiel

Christ's Words, commandments, to love even our enemies, to be kind, to even be perfect, even as God is perfect, bearing the fruits of the Spirit, these are instructions for how to live in the Kingdom, here and now.
Dave,

Have you sold everything that you owned, to give to the poor?

Status
Not open for further replies.