Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
Uh... no, not exactly, and I just explained why. :)

Let me try again....

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

Good things are from God. Bad things are all the things that are not from God. Praising God for bad things would be misguided praise, while praising God for good things would be proper.

Now one might say... didn't you say you praised God for the freedom? And therefore couldn't a wicked guy praise Him for that freedom as well? To which I answered "sure"! Yet that praise would be misguided if that person used his freedom for wickedness and here is why....

A person can misuse a gift!

I might thank my father for giving me an axe. I thank him because I needed the axe to chop down trees for firewood. My father also gave my brother an axe and my brother is thankful for the gift, yet my brother misuses his gift and chops up his wife into little pieces :shocked: (that's a really awful thing). The gift is still good! Misusing the gift is bad.

Praising the father for the gift is good! The son praising the father for misusing the gift for evil would be misguided.
Makes sense. :up:

Last edited by a moderator:

Real Sorceror

Is it just me, or does everyone have more rep points? Did I miss something over the weekend? :confused:

Oh, and thanks for adding the "you have posted in this thread" feature. Thats nifty.

icilian fenner

Real Sorceror said:
Is it just me, or does everyone have more rep points? Did I miss something over the weekend? :confused:

Oh, and thanks for adding the "you have posted in this thread" feature. Thats nifty.
its been a x10 increase in *everyones* rep power, that I can see. After which people have been doing some repping, and their reps are having more impact that before, obviously.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sharri said:
Knight,

There is no save as draft (email section), you ever think about including that?
Here is some juicy news for you....

In the next month or so TOL is going to get a complete overhaul.

Who knows what features will make their way into the mix? :D

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
Knight,

How does the private calendar function work? Does everybody have thier own? Can anybody else see it?
I assume that private means private.

However, I have never used it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mr. 5020 said:
Do you have a favorite "e-calendar," or do you still use an old-school planner?
When ya mix iCal with .Mac all of my calendars are automatically synced with various computers, my phone, my iPod and are also available online from anywhere in the world. :D

Mr. 5020

Knight said:
When ya mix iCal with .Mac all of my calendars are automatically synced with various computers, my phone, my iPod and are also available online from anywhere in the world. :D
Looks sweet...unfortunately, it's not available for me. :)

Nomad

Knight said:
Here is some juicy news for you....

In the next month or so TOL is going to get a complete overhaul.

Who knows what features will make their way into the mix? :D

Nuetral reps!

Status
Not open for further replies.