User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: Is general revival at all any longer possible in the western church?

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    It is the pentecostals and charismatics who are multiplying on every continent and almost nobody else...so they must be doing something more than just holy rolling.
    yes, they must be appealing to people's emotions rather than their logic.....

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God is an Emotional Being. He is far more emotional than mere humans. When we have feelings for someone, we are merely being touched by God's feelings for them. We feel a little of what He feels for them. He loves every soul so much that He would have sent His Son for just one of us.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 796 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christ's Word View Post
    yes, they must be appealing to people's emotions rather than their logic.....
    The gospel should not appeal to either emotions or logic...how can such an ILlogical message appeal to logic. In the measure that it appeals to either it is weakened.

Here is a key to revival for you.

The gospel doesn't appeal to man AT ALL, oh the evangelist may but the gospel doesn't. The gospel makes it's appeal to God.

That shook you didn't it....?

Yes it is when the gospel message is preached in such way that God can honour it by sending the Holy Ghost down from heaven to confirm it that people get saved.

And there is nothing wrong with emotion see, if you want to blame someone for emotionalism in our holy religion blame the Jews.
    They were a holy shouting, clapping, dancing, weeping people before you ever knew anything about it.

When the prodigal son comes home it's emotional, it always has been in church history.
    Last edited by Totton Linnet; August 12th, 2013 at 07:15 PM.
    One lavished upon in the Beloved
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?u=10603

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think the term General revival needs to be explained..

But my 1st thought is...

We need another Billy Graham (who, as in later years anyhow) didn't hate Catholics

but focused on ACCEPTING Christ...

if one accepts Christ, and is really serious about following Him wherever He leads... s/he will eventually want to know about the Original Christain Church
    "Whatever you do to God's people, you do to God" - Mt 25:31

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the character of the western church, general revival is impossible. The church no longer has any salt.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Chinese are a'coming....I am not expecting revival but I do believe that there is a harvest yet to be reaped.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Totton Linnet For Your Post:

Saxon Hammer (April 23rd, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the next revival will be the return of the antichrist which will happen before the second coming
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has already started, but will not be localized... it will be a worldwide revival and will sweep millions into The Kingdom just before the end.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no

it is written "GOD HATES RELIGION, but HE LOVES PEOPLE".

God never revived a pagan system or one that offends HIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Is general revival at all any longer possible in the western church?

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has revived His people and is reviving us and will continue to revive us until we are all imbued with His Life and His Love in His Presence. Until then He is speaking to us just as Ezekiel did to the dry bones: "Live!" We come to life due to His prophecies. He spoke Words over us before He even began creation... "My Body will live and they will prosper and bring salvation to millions." He is still prophesying over us today, if we will but hear His Voice. He speaks through His Body. Paul said that we ought to covet to prophesy. Most Christians don't even know what it means to prophesy, much less how to do so. We ought to be about our Father's business. We all need to do His Will.

Matthew 7:21
    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matthew 7:21
    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    and
    "ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free" (to the few chosen, not the many called)
    so,
    if you're ready --- billy has not obeyed nor done the will of "my Father which is in heaven" even though he made a BIG (whitewashed) show of ... well, you've almost all seen it. His son franklin? also...
    b.g. was warned by men of Yhwh who did do the will of "my Father which is in heaven" back in 1947-49 that he was getting in bed (fornicating or in danger of) with the beast/deceiver)... and b.g. DID NOT REPENT -- he and his son both dived head long into hell's deception and PRAISED THE ENEMY OF CHRIST.

... well, that doesn't mean Yhwh won't have a restoration of truth to His People on earth now/soon/in the coming months/years. Just that it is not according to the world's and satan's and the flesh's false ways of deception and oppression and greed and power and so on.

, oh, btw, there IS a revival going on in a very unexpected place. one of the most oppressive countries on earth. but hardly can truth seekers let alone truth doers (doers of the word and not just hearedrs) be found in the usa. almost everyone is caught up in getting their own way, protecting their possessions or income or other physical/carnal/worldly desires. (mostly, not all)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people are busy analysing other servants of the Lord [God watches their mouths and listens closely] they are not doing what THEY supposed to be doing. Your words are not in accord with the spirit with which Paul spoke.

He said one day when he was in prison awaiting trial for his life.

But I wish ye should understand brethren that the things happened unto me have fallen out rather well unto the furtherance of the gospel

So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace and in all other places.

And many of the brethren in the Lord waxing confident by my bonds are much more bold to speak the word without fear. Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife and some also of good will.
    The one preach Christ of contention not sincerely supposing to add affliction to my bonds. But the other of love knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.

What then? notwithstanding every way whether in pretence or in truth Christ is preached and therein I rejoice.

And I don't believe Billy Graham and his team have preached in pretence. America ought to be proud of him....Franklyn I don't know.

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one on this earth is called to judge the Body of Christ. His Bride is His to chasten, as He sees fit. Backbiting should never be seen in His Body. We ought to be about edifying one another in love, not pulling one another apart due to perceived faults.

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you enter the kingdom of heaven some day,
    if you become a part of His set apart people on earth some day,
    do you want (unrepentant) perverts and liars and thieves and child molestors with you. do you want those who make a market of souls with you?

once you enter, Yhwh willing, He will alert you or teach you or show you the authority you are under(not man's way) and you will realize why it is
    written "those IN THE BODY WE JUDGE, those outside the body Yhwh judges".
    and again it is written
    "put out the wicked(unrepentant) from among you".
    and again
    "come out of her My people" (out of whatever is false and deceitful and deadly)
    and once more
    "then you shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free".

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    And I don't believe Billy Graham and his team have preached in pretence. America ought to be proud of him....Franklyn I don't know.
    If BG preached another gospel, then what?
    I am redeemed, You set me free
    So I'll shake off these heavy chains
    Wipe away every stain, 'cause I'm not who I used to be ...

~ Big Daddy Weave ~

Thread Information