User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: Is general revival at all any longer possible in the western church?

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All it takes is one person wanting Him to revive His Body enough to move His Heart towards us. He will do the rest, through the hearts of those who are sensitive to Him. He has been looking for someone to seek Him with all their heart for revival since Azusa Street. The 'river' revival, which began in Toronto and Pensacola is still His Workshop and He still operates in the supernatural but doesn't harm anyone's faith by forcing it on them.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

Thanks
    Thanked 7,554 Times in 5,046 Posts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God is not imputing tresspasses against people, and he no longer has his earthly nation, Israel. People are not suffering because God is imputing tresspass. Paul couldn't be clearer.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,380 Times in 795 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK...I am a little surprised by some of the responses, a little discouraged I might add.

Revival can be revival within the church, General revival is when God sweeps through society and turns whole communities and nations upside down, sweeping in the multitudes.

I feel general revival is possible but not very likely, I also fear that revival can come in two forms in the church itself, it can come through revelation and blessing or it can come through severe persecution. In English church history it came through the latter going back to the bad old Tudor/Stuart days. Christianity came to America through the persecutions of the Stuart kings.

I disagree with the idea that it is a matter of freewill or that God has no right to command repentance in His church with dire consequences attending upon the failure of the church to do so. Persecutions...war follow on from the church's failure to to respond to God when He graciously visits in blessing.

God will have a people one way or another.

I believe aggressive capitalism or empire building and both the Nazi and the Communist regimes were the result of the church's failure in those respective nations to repond to earlier visitations of the Holy Spirit.

Americans be SURE if the church does not awake to the challenge and danger then the vacuum so apparent in society must be filled in some other way.
    One lavished upon in the Beloved
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?u=10603

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Totton Linnet For Your Post:

Saxon Hammer (April 23rd, 2017)

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God sent us all a message on 9/11: hoping that we might... "turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

Thanks
    Thanked 18,046 Times in 9,064 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 11th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: Is general revival at all any longer possible in the western church?

If you're talking about the churches that scatter accross our land, I'll say NO, because the "religionists" in them now outnumber the body of Christ. I believe we're in the day when the true church (the body of Christ) must come OUTSIDE THE CAMP. The camp has become polluted (in general), and small NT style assemblies are springing up everywhere you look....in homes and rented buildings. A revival in the true church, the body of Christ, is happening right now all across this land, and it will increase as the day of the Lord draws near. We will have no choice but to wake up as persecutions sweep over us.

Hebrews 13:10-13
    We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ow I've studied revivals ALL of them, there is so-oo much to learn from revivals my dears...study them and you too may find yourself in a revived state.

I learned this...whatever revivals become, by way of controversy, yelling and shouting and jumpings up and down and uproar...they start with the utmost gentleness so that oft times those who become the principle characters associated with them do not at first realise that God is working in their midst in an unusual way.

The Holy Spirit comes as a Dove among His people....you say ah but sometimes He is dramatic, yes He is...it is because He has been present working away in a gentle fashion and unnoticed. Moses had NO IDEA that God was at work, that He was come down to deliver His people...already He had visited Aaron and sent him out into the wilderness with gladdened heart to meet Moses.

That's why He appeared in the bush which Moses saw burning but which was not consumed...God does hextraordinary things to get our attention BECAUSE He is gentle and we would not know He is with us in some special way.

When we understand He is present with us in an unusual way we do as Moses and worship Him with awe...the revelation comes first.

George Whitefield had been fasting, laying out in the frost, doing extraordinary things in seeking to serve God [under John Wesley's mentorship] but one day he met a poor Oxfordshire woman who had been pulled from the Thames, a failed suicide. Her husband was in jail and she was desperate.

Whitefield hardly knew how to counsel her but he said "you need to be born again"...he himself was not born again.
    The next time he met her was when he visited her husband in jail and she was with him, but she was beaming with joy, they both were. George Whitfield was astonished. "But sir" she said "you told me I must be born again and I have been and my husband too"

This was the very beginning of the great Wesley/Whitefield revival...Whitefield himself soon after was born again.

Blessed is the man that...... Psalmist's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

toldailytopic: Is general revival at all any longer possible in the western church?

I've read some about some of the revivals that came to western culture, some lasted for quite a while others were just as they happened and that was it. I read in a book titled, "This Is That", where revivals had lasted not only for months but a couple of years and it would die down, but effects of of such a revival were long lasting.

I've always believed there would one more great awakening not only for western culture but around the world, before the last days begin to increase.

I believe there will be an outpouring of the Holy Spirit like there has never been before, and the spreading of the Gospel of salvation in effort like has been in past but on a greater world wide scale than has ever been seen or accomplished, a God given, Holy Spirit driven, Jesus uplifted world wide revival — No I do not not believe in a universal plan of all salvation — For all who would be saved must come by John 14:6 and put Romans 10:8-14 in to action.

.....O LORD my God, in You I put my trust. Psalm 7:1
    .....To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
    Psalm 25:1

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo Buscaglia

The best portion of a person’s life -- are the little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. ~ William Wordsworth

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalmist View Post

I've read some about some of the revivals that came to western culture, some lasted for quite a while others were just as they happened and that was it. I read in a book titled, "This Is That", where revivals had lasted not only for months but a couple of years and it would die down, but effects of of such a revival were long lasting.

I've always believed there would one more great awakening not only for western culture but around the world, before the last days begin to increase.

I believe there will be an outpouring of the Holy Spirit like there has never been before, and the spreading of the Gospel of salvation in effort like has been in past but on a greater world wide scale than has ever been seen or accomplished, a God given, Holy Spirit driven, Jesus uplifted world wide revival — No I do not not believe in a universal plan of all salvation — For all who would be saved must come by John 14:6 and put Romans 10:8-14 in to action.
    =)

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    Ow I've studied revivals ALL of them, there is so-oo much to learn from revivals my dears...study them and you too may find yourself in a revived state.

I learned this...whatever revivals become, by way of controversy, yelling and shouting and jumpings up and down and uproar...they start with the utmost gentleness so that oft times those who become the principle characters associated with them do not at first realise that God is working in their midst in an unusual way.

The Holy Spirit comes as a Dove among His people....you say ah but sometimes He is dramatic, yes He is...it is because He has been present working away in a gentle fashion and unnoticed. Moses had NO IDEA that God was at work, that He was come down to deliver His people...already He had visited Aaron and sent him out into the wilderness with gladdened heart to meet Moses.

That's why He appeared in the bush which Moses saw burning but which was not consumed...God does hextraordinary things to get our attention BECAUSE He is gentle and we would not know He is with us in some special way.

When we understand He is present with us in an unusual way we do as Moses and worship Him with awe...the revelation comes first.

George Whitefield had been fasting, laying out in the frost, doing extraordinary things in seeking to serve God [under John Wesley's mentorship] but one day he met a poor Oxfordshire woman who had been pulled from the Thames, a failed suicide. Her husband was in jail and she was desperate.

Whitefield hardly knew how to counsel her but he said "you need to be born again"...he himself was not born again.
    The next time he met her was when he visited her husband in jail and she was with him, but she was beaming with joy, they both were. George Whitfield was astonished. "But sir" she said "you told me I must be born again and I have been and my husband too"

This was the very beginning of the great Wesley/Whitefield revival...Whitefield himself soon after was born again.
    Awesome God we serve, isn't it?

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    If you're talking about the churches that scatter accross our land, I'll say NO, because the "religionists" in them now outnumber the body of Christ. I believe we're in the day when the true church (the body of Christ) must come OUTSIDE THE CAMP. The camp has become polluted (in general), and small NT style assemblies are springing up everywhere you look....in homes and rented buildings. A revival in the true church, the body of Christ, is happening right now all across this land, and it will increase as the day of the Lord draws near. We will have no choice but to wake up as persecutions sweep over us.

Hebrews 13:10-13
    We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
    Amen!

Revelation 18:4
    And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how come none here have spoken to me of the Gospel?

TOD. -do you, have you, _Bought a soul to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ?
    Remain In Light.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,046 Times in 9,064 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by faramir77 View Post
    how come none here have spoken to me of the Gospel?

TOD. -do you, have you, _Bought a soul to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ?
    We're just about the business of planting and watering.

1 Corinthians 3:7
    So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

The Wonder of it All Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,571 Times in 9,656 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Not in the way the Pentecostals and Charismatics think it is; all they ever have is times of emotional hype that don't have any lasting effect.

The only thing that will revive the Body is the truth and their recognition of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
    In theory I would say yes. Let me qualify by saying what revival is and isn't. Revival isn't God moving people against their will like chess pieces or emotional falling all over the floor. Revival is totally dependent on the choices of the individual members of the Body of Christ. Will the Body in the West choose the submit itself to praying for their country and voting for godly leaders? Will they choose to get involved in evangelistic efforts? Will they choose to educate their kids in a godly manner? True revival changes the culture around it. It all boils down the decisions made by the Christians themselves. America is turning into a cesspool because the Church has fallen down on its job and taken up a live and let live attitude. Revival cannot happen under these conditions.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

LoneStar (April 22nd, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is the pentecostals and charismatics who are multiplying on every continent and almost nobody else...so they must be doing something more than just holy rolling.

Blessed is the man that...... Psalmist's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    It is the pentecostals and charismatics who are multiplying on every continent and almost nobody else...so they must be doing something more than just holy rolling.
    The International Church of the Foursquare Gospel has been growing slowly but steadily, the ICFG (a very conservative pentecostal denomination) main focus is on Salvation and Missions and it always has been. I think that Pastor Jack Hayford and The Church On The Way are a fine example of what and how ICFG is doing. I believe most of the ICFG churches are small with congregations of 250 or less. (Yes, we're members of the ICFG.)

Is general revival at all any longer possible in the western church?

I believe for such a western or national revival to happen, it has to start with me and you, a revival of one with a fervent desire to have a revival within ourselves and then watch it begin to spread take hold, yes I believe it's possible, but it must begin with someone and somewhere ... Someone? Me. Somewhere? Here. Let's let it begin with us, Amen!
    Lord put that desire within us, ignite that desire and let that desire become a reality for revival, true revival that You send and that You increase and that we decrease, and that the things of the world grow dim in the light of Your glory and grace.
    More importantly, the scriptures tell us in the OT that the Lord would or will pour out His Spirit Joel 2:28-29 and reaffirmed in Acts 2:17-18, I believe it will begin with the individual, and when we let the fires of revival begin to burn within us and become a flame like the lamp that is lit and revival will take hold and spread through the Church for not only a holy spiritual revival in the Church but also for a real strong surge of the Gospel being delivered to a lost world without Christ, may it be so with me that I'm a spark to the world's third great awakening, and Praise the Lord, many will be revived and many will come to know Jesus as their Savior, Amen!
    "Lord lay some soul upon my heart,
    and love that soul through me,
    and may I faithfully do my part
    to win that soul to the Thee."

.....O LORD my God, in You I put my trust. Psalm 7:1
    .....To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
    Psalm 25:1

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo Buscaglia

The best portion of a person’s life -- are the little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. ~ William Wordsworth

Thread Information