User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: What public figure would you like to meet?

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    toldailytopic: What public figure would you like to meet?

Batman.

Which one ? there are more Batmans then 007's

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over 750 post club Brother Vinny's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Glory Land View Post
    Which one ? there are more Batmans then 007's
    Kevin Conroy is the best of the bunch.
    "To deny Calvinism is to deny the gospel of Jesus Christ." - Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RandPaulfor2016 View Post
    Why Dawkins?
    I admire his knowledge of evolutionary biology. I think he's a rather interesting person too.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Anyone wishes to meet TGL in person....

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh gosh, we only get to pick one? That is tough. Bill Clinton would be interesting but I think I'll choose Johnny Depp.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,168 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to look Peter Kreeft up now. I'll be really upset with myself if he is a liberty activist since I don't know who he is...
    See TH's post for who he is. I've really enjoyed the books by him that I've read.

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

George W Bush. And maybe he'd tell me secrets. I'd try to get him liquored up first.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    George W Bush. And maybe he'd tell me secrets. I'd try to get him liquored up first.
    kmo, come on now we all know you want to meet this guy! Maybe he'll invite you to his Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over 750 post club Brother Vinny's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

George W Bush. And maybe he'd tell me secrets. I'd try to get him liquored coked up first.
    Fixed.
    "To deny Calvinism is to deny the gospel of Jesus Christ." - Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peter Kreeft comes to mind too.
    Ah, a fellow Catholic (like myself, a convert from Reformed Protestantism)! I met him once a couple of years ago, and he signed his Summa of the Summa for me. A brilliant Christian philosopher and an excellent writer.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    What public figure would you like to meet?
    Intellectual heroes, such as St. Ignatius of Antioch, St. Thomas Aquinas, St. John Fisher, and Charles Darwin. Also, individuals who were influential in particular areas of interest, like Harry Houdini, Bobby Fischer, Ruy Lopez, Andrew Wyeth---the list could go on.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody.

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick is a communist in comparison to my economic views
    I was more poking fun at my own extremism here than at Nick, but hey, whatever floats your boat Inzl...

I have to look Peter Kreeft up now. I'll be really upset with myself if he is a liberty activist since I don't know who he is...

Oh, I hate him for that too, although I don't like George W. for his own breeches of privacy too. I don't know where you are politically ("Right wing Zealot" is rather broad, and some would put me in that category while others would say I'm a left wing fanatic, that's pretty much what libertarians get, being called far right and far left depending on who you're talking to) but I know most run of the mill conservatives kind of accepted if not outright supported these types of privacy invasions when Bush did them. Of course, I didn't really know anything about politics until two or three years ago tops, and I feel very differently about the whole system now than I did back then, but being 18 I guess I have a right to have not really understood the issues back during the Bush adminstration

Other then the benefits of superior technology, however, Obama has yet to be nearly as tyrannical as one of the figures that was mentioned.

That's not what I was talking about, and most of those people are on Stormfront anyways. I don't think anyone's racist unless they show me that they are. I probably hate Obama as much as even the Stormfront people do, but for different reasons, and for reasons that also apply to George W., the vast majority of our congress and senate on both sides, John McCain, Mitt Romney, exc. (I named those two in particular since they were Obama's opponents in 2008 and 2012 respectively: I'm aware McCain also fits under "The vast majority of the senate.

The far right, as typically defined, however, doesn't have such a serious problem with the phone wiretapping, the indefinite detention without trial (They think it will only be used against terrorists), Guantanamo Bay, drone strikes, foreign wars, drug wars, exc.

You guys would probably agree with me a lot of the time, if not all the time, on fiscal issues, and I agree with the right that abortion is evil and should be banned, although I do believe the Constitution grants enforcement of anti-murder laws to the states. But that's probably where it ends. I don't really care much about the gay marriage issue, I strongly support the legalization of drugs, I hate the Patriot Act and the TSA regardless of who's in power, I hate foreign wars regardless of which American President starts them, exc.

I might want to meet Lincoln myself if only to tell him how horrible a person he was. The public school brainwashing about Saint Abraham is just that. Along with Woodrow Wilson and Franklin D. Roosevelt Lincoln was one of our worst tyrants. That his war just so happened to coincide with the freeing of the slaves does not justify the killing of over 600,000 people and the suspencion of habeus corpus which led to unjust imprisonment of over 40,000 more. Not to mention that his real goal was not to free the slaves, but to end the possibility of legal secession. Which, if Lincoln had never been born, might be a rather useful solution to some of the modern problems Brother Vinny was talking about.

As for the modern list, I don't happen to be a big fan of Enyart (Open theism, ugh) but at least I can understand why that... but why Tood Akin? Or are you thinking of someon else?

Granted, I don't hate Akin for his gaffe (I don't know much about him politically, if he's an ultra-national security conservative like so many others I'd probably dislike him for different reasons but I absolutely agree with him that abortion in cases of rape and incest should not be legalized) but I just don't see why he's particularly important.

Well, you might not be a communist, but you do hate freedom yourself, so

I'd love to meet Ken Ham. Maybe I'd learn something. I'm a YEC but very bad at scientific arguments of this type so that might be helpful.
    Neg repping this without any reason stated really just isn't classy, Inzl...

Not that I care. I consider neg rep here to be a sign of honor. So go ahead and give me another one. I dare you...

My reputation is good on RPF, which is all that really matters to me...

Thread Information