User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 124

Thread: toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics,

  1. #76
    LIFETIME MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,989
    Thanks
    474
    Thanked 836 Times in 699 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    124186
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 7th, 2013 05:00 AM


    toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?





    If Christ walked among men today as He did before the cross then the same reactions would occur.

    If Christ walked among men as He was after His resurrection then He would only reveal himself to believers.

    If Christ walked among men today as He is now then the future would be bought forward.

    Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
    Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
    Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

    Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
    Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
    Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

    LA
    My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

  2. #77
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    54
    Zionist devils would call Jesus antisemitic and kick Him out of their churches.

    Liberal devils would call Him a bigot and kick Him out of their churches.

    Evangelicals in general wouldn't recognize Him, because they think Jesus talks and acts like a homo instead of like a man.

  3. #78
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    10,563
    Thanks
    2,829
    Thanked 1,346 Times in 1,048 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    546347
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabin View Post
    Zionist devils would call Jesus antisemitic and kick Him out of their churches.

    Liberal devils would call Him a bigot and kick Him out of their churches.

    Evangelicals in general wouldn't recognize Him, because they think Jesus talks and acts like a homo instead of like a man.
    well said

  4. #79
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    .....
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1268
    look how the 'official roman' catholics treat Jesus today - they won't listen to Him, and those who get immersed in Him they kick out, execute, imprison and ridicule (just like on this forum)....
    ......

  5. #80
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,580
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 281 Times in 233 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    61295
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 7th, 2013 05:00 AM


    toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?






    Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    In general, the same basic ways those groups received them the first time

    For instance, Roman Catholics, (although not known by that name) would pretty much ignore Jesus Christ teachings except to add huge amounts of oral tradition to the truth Jesus spoke so much as to bury what Jesus taught. The would be more devoted to his mother than to him and his Father. They would continue to serve the three in one pagan gods they serve

    Protestants, would be about in the in an about the same mess with a few exceptions. The would be more interested in the scripture, but would have some difficulty separating fact from fiction, but at least they would be aware that there was fiction in the RC, but they aren't sure how much

    Some Judeans would recognize Jesus for who he is and make some attempt to follow him with varying degrees of commitment and success

    The agnostics wouldn't be sure

    the atheists wouldn't believe in him, they would say he is a magician not a man of God
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  6. #81
    Silver Member Totton Linnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winchester, Hants
    Posts
    8,303
    Thanks
    222
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 796 Posts

    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    1203391
    And the unitarians would take up stones to hurl at Him for making Himsef equal to God.

    ...they can't see Him so they hurl their stones at His true church.
    One lavished upon in the Beloved
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?u=10603

  7. #82
    Over 5000 post club Letsargue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    5,109
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 153 Times in 137 Posts

    Blog Entries
    103
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    43781
    Quote Originally Posted by Timotheos View Post
    Please stop posting.



    You are a sadist if you will really enjoy watching someone burn alive.
    Don't pretend to be a Christian if you haven't repented of your sadism.

    A "Christian-Sadist" is an oxymoron. You can't be both.
    (( Proverbs 1:26-27 KJV )) – 26- “(( I also will laugh at your calamity )); (( I will mock when your fear cometh )); 27- When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you”!!! --//----- Call Christ another name using you Smarts!!!
    I will Laugh also at you all!!! --- OK, -- I’m a sadist just like Christ!! -- "We shall be LIKE HIM". --- ((( 1 John 3:2 KJV )))!!!! --//---- Who are you Like Genius???

    Paul – 022524
    ---Gal. 4:16.
    ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

  8. #83
    Over 750 post club Levolor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Physically in Missouri. Spiritually resting in Christ
    Posts
    887
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2895
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    And would He, the Shepherd searching for the lost sheep, be telling his followers to condemn others to Hell and rejoice in the idea of their burning?
    For real.

    I believe He would tell those individuals who condemn others that they will receive what they have desired for others. (What is sowed is what is reaped.)
    But whoso shall cause one of these little ones who believe in Me to fall, it were better for him that a millstone were hung about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Matthew 18:6 KJ21

  9. #84
    Over 5000 post club Letsargue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    5,109
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 153 Times in 137 Posts

    Blog Entries
    103
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    43781
    Quote Originally Posted by Levolor View Post
    For real.

    I believe He would tell those individuals who condemn others that they will receive what they have desired for others. (What is sowed is what is reaped.)

    Well (( Prophet!! )), Show us all where that is written, and God said it!!!!

    ( I showed you What God said ), and (( It is Written!! )).

    Christians believe the Word of God, the Truth / CHRIST. - And You???
    And you call yourself a Christian!!!! -- HHAAHHHH!!!

    Paul -- 020514
    ---Gal. 4:16.
    ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

  10. #85
    Over 750 post club Levolor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Physically in Missouri. Spiritually resting in Christ
    Posts
    887
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2895
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsargue View Post
    Well (( Prophet!! )), Show us all where that is written, and God said it!!!!

    ( I showed you What God said ), and (( It is Written!! )).

    Christians believe the Word of God, the Truth / CHRIST. - And You???
    And you call yourself a Christian!!!! -- HHAAHHHH!!!

    Paul -- 020514
    It was mentioned: what is sowed is reaped. You surely do recognize this as biblical, right?

    But, better would be:

    Luke 6:28-38

    28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

    29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

    30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

    31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

    32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

    33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

    34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

    35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

    36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

    37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

    38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.


    ( I showed you What God said ), and (( It is Written!! )).
    And no, I did not see what you had said. I was quoting annabennetti.
    But whoso shall cause one of these little ones who believe in Me to fall, it were better for him that a millstone were hung about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Matthew 18:6 KJ21

  11. #86
    ☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona USA
    Posts
    6,063
    Thanks
    3,317
    Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,809 Posts

    Blog Entries
    143
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147672
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 7th, 2013 05:00 AM


    toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?
    Our Lord would be received exactly as He was received when He actually dwelled among us.

    The state of man has not changed since that time.

    The lost...

    - is deceitful and desperately sick (Jer. 17:9);
    - is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23);
    - loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19);
    - is unrighteous, does not understand, does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12);
    - is helpless and ungodly (Rom. 5:6);
    - is dead in his trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1);
    - is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3);
    - cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14); and
    - is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20).



    TOTAL DEPRAVITY (Radical Corruption) - "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?” (Jer 17:9)
    Man has a will and his will is in bondage to his nature. The will of man is free to choose according to the dictates of his nature, but it is not free to contradict his nature. From Adam's fall the nature of every man has been sinful. Therefore, every action of the unsaved man is sinful and rebellious; it is stained through and through by his sin nature. The unregenerate man cannot perform even one single righteous or pleasing work with respect to a holy God, for their actions are wrongly motivated, that is, not for the glory of God, and are but filthy rags in the eyes of God. More here.

    See also: Genesis 6:5, Genesis 8.21, Jeremiah 17:9, Psalm 22:29, Psalm 51:5, Psalm 58:3, Psalm 130:3, Psalm 143:2, Proverbs 20:9, Job 14:4, Job 15:14-16, Ecclesiastes 7:20, Ecclesiastes 7:29, Ecclesiastes 9:3, Isaiah 53:6, Isaiah 64:6-7, Jeremiah 13:23, Jeremiah 17:9, 2 Chronicles 6:36, John 3:3, John 3:19, John 6:44, John 6:65, John 8:44, Romans 3:9-18, Romans 5:12, Romans 5:18-19, Romans 6:20, Romans 7:18, Romans 7:23-24, Romans 8:7-8, 1 Corinthians 2:14, Ephesians 2:1-3, Ephesians 4:18, 2 Timothy 2:26-26, 1 John 3:4, 1 John 3:10, 1 John 5:19, Titus 3:3

    The lost continue to hate God with every breath they take, past, present, and future. In fact, the reprobate in Hell will gnash their teeth at God eternally, justifying their eternal punishment. If genuine repentance were possible in Hell, the genuinely repentant would know that they are exactly where they need to be.

    AMR
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the many embedded links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.



    Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    — Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?



  12. #87
    Over 5000 post club Letsargue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    5,109
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 153 Times in 137 Posts

    Blog Entries
    103
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    43781
    Quote Originally Posted by Levolor View Post
    It was mentioned: what is sowed is reaped. You surely do recognize this as biblical, right?

    But, better would be:

    Luke 6:28-38

    28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

    29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

    30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

    31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

    32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

    33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

    34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

    35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

    36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

    37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

    38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.




    And no, I did not see what you had said. I was quoting annabennetti.

    That's convenient!!!!!

    The Scriptures you gave there were given to the followers of Christ AND the Church!! - They were not Given to ( You )!!!

    First, - You cannot show, or Prove that you are a Christian, and given those Scriptures or any Word of God. --- Just because it is written and given; --- does Not mean that they were Given to YOU!!!! - Followers of other garbage is not the Christian "WAY", but the foolish ~way!!!

    ( 1 Thessalonians 5:21 KJV ) --&-- ( 2 Timothy 4:5 KJV ) --//---- In other Words; - Prove that you are a "Minister"!!! -- ((( Hebrews 1:13-14 KJV ))) -- ( Prove IT, -- and that I'm Wrong!!!!!!!! -- Prophet!!!!

    Paul -- 020514
    ---Gal. 4:16.
    ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

  13. #88
    Over 750 post club Levolor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Physically in Missouri. Spiritually resting in Christ
    Posts
    887
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2895
    Are you a MADist too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Letsargue View Post
    That's convenient!!!!!

    The Scriptures you gave there were given to the followers of Christ AND the Church!! - They were not Given to ( You )!!!

    First, - You cannot show, or Prove that you are a Christian, and given those Scriptures or any Word of God. --- Just because it is written and given; --- does Not mean that they were Given to YOU!!!! - Followers of other garbage is not the Christian "WAY", but the foolish ~way!!!

    ( 1 Thessalonians 5:21 KJV ) --&-- ( 2 Timothy 4:5 KJV ) --//---- In other Words; - Prove that you are a "Minister"!!! -- ((( Hebrews 1:13-14 KJV ))) -- ( Prove IT, -- and that I'm Wrong!!!!!!!! -- Prophet!!!!

    Paul -- 020514
    But whoso shall cause one of these little ones who believe in Me to fall, it were better for him that a millstone were hung about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Matthew 18:6 KJ21

  14. #89
    Over 5000 post club Letsargue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    5,109
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 153 Times in 137 Posts

    Blog Entries
    103
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    43781
    Quote Originally Posted by Levolor View Post
    Are you a MADist too?

    You Tell me. -- If Christ is I AM. -- (( Exodus 3:14 KJV )) --//---

    Paul -- 020514
    ---Gal. 4:16.
    ---"Am I therefore become your enemy because I tell you the truth"???

  15. #90
    Over 500 post club everready's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    564
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 48 Times in 36 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    17867
    Like to see the look on the popes face when Jesus walked up to him and said "I Am"

    everready


    *edit: see the look on his face after he said this to Jesus.


    Pope's Mass: The Church is our Mother. She cleanses us of our sins

    2014-02-06

    In his Thursday morning Mass, Pope Francis talked about the mystery of death. He explained that despite our sins, dying in the heart of the Church, is a gift.

    POPE FRANCIS:

    "It's a gift from God and we must pray for it. To say, 'Lord, grant me the gift of dying at my spiritual home, in the heart of the Church.' We are sinners! All of us are. But we're not traitors. No! We are not corrupt. No! We stay on the inside! The Church, our Mother loves us so, despite our sins, the Church cleanses us. She's our Mother.”

    http://www.romereports.com/pg155711-...f-our-sins--en

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us