User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics,

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He will not fit their O.T. expectations. They will not recognize him.

Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    When you stand before him what are you going to say? If you plead innocent, he will cast you away for being a liar and breaking the law. If you plead guilty, he will cast you away for breaking the law. I sort of think that is what you want. I am asking again because Koban and I want to know.
    Kind of the way the Pharisees asked Jesus if it was proper to pay taxes to Caesar.

They figured they had him, no matter how he answered. You guys haven't changed a bit in 2000 years.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?
    Glad to see the Battle Royale is still being encouraged.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,807 Times in 3,859 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are still those today who would want Christ to be a political king who would smite all their enemies.

But He'd still be sitting down to eat with the tax collector, talking to the woman at the well, telling us about the good Samaritan and giving the sermon on the mount - all the things he did to show us how to love.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and would He still be refusing to condemn people, telling them "Go and sin all you like"?

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    and would He still be refusing to condemn people, telling them "Go and sin all you like"?
    And would He, the Shepherd searching for the lost sheep, be telling his followers to condemn others to Hell and rejoice in the idea of their burning?

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, yeah - that whole "shake the dust from your feet" thing

Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm... let's see...

John 8:7 When therefore they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said to them: He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. [8] And again stooping down, he wrote on the ground. [9] But they hearing this, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest. And Jesus alone remained, and the woman standing in the midst. [10] Then Jesus lifting up himself, said to her: Woman, where are they that accused thee? Hath no man condemned thee?

[11] Who said: No man, Lord. And Jesus said: Neither will I condemn thee. Go, and now sin no more.

Refusing to condemn, yes. "Sin all you like", no.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, yeah - that whole "shake the dust from your feet" thing
    That's not even close to the same thing. One is accepting God's will for the person in that moment, and hoping for grace to grow a planted seed.

The other is an active enjoyment of the thought of someone being eternally damned.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    That's not even close to the same thing. One is accepting God's will for the person in that moment, and hoping for grace to grow a planted seed.
    That's not in scripture

The other is an active enjoyment of the thought of someone being eternally damned.
    rather, enjoying watching the wicked receive their just punishments according to God

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Timotheos View Post
    The definition of sadist is someone who enjoys the suffering of others. Res admitted that he is a sadist when he told Rusha that he will enjoy seeing her burn. If Tertullian enjoys the suffering of others, then I do see him in a similar light. I haven't seen his writing. Has he admitted to sadism as Res has done? Is he one of those who claim that part of "Christiian Bliss" in Heaven is to watch others burn in hell? Ignorance can sometimes be cured, Stupidity is permanent.
    Yes. Probably THE one to claim such.

I'd enjoy watching a few people burn in hell, problem is I don't trust the authority of an invisible man to arbitrate (even arbitrarily) - but it goes quite a lot further than that, I wouldn't be able to acquiesce to a deity that would expect me to endure the suffering of good people for eternity. But I'm just a "moral relativist", what would I know?

I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,806 Times in 11,231 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    A great many evangelicals would criticize Him for hanging around with notorious sinners...
    Which would be everyone at some point in their lives, only not, when they have received Christ because then they have taken on His righteousness.

Can you name someone Christ "hung out" with, who continued to be a "notorious sinner" after they received Him?
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,806 Times in 11,231 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    I think that if Jesus were here, today, and could see how so many Christians have made a sacred totem out of the Bible, he'd tell them to throw it out the window. And they, in turn, would immediately seek to have him annihilated. Just like the Jews did the last time he was here. Most everyone else would probably just ignore him, as most people did the last time he was here. A few would see the truth and healing in what he was saying and doing, and join with him, again, just as the last time he was here.

Not much has changed since then, really.
    Actually Christ admonished them for not following the scriptures and heeding them. He even said more times than could be counted "as it is written" and made a point to show them how prophecy concerning Him was being fulfilled.

Mark 12:24 Jesus said to them, "Is this not the reason you are mistaken, that you do not understand the Scriptures or the power of God?

John 5:45 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope. 46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,200 Times in 10,085 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?
    He would be largely rejected. Many would argue with him, stating: that's not what the Bible says, and He would have to point out to them that it actually does.

They would say, "But you said..." And He would respond, "No I didn't."

pretty much the same as 2000 years ago

what - you think people have fundamentally changed in the past 2000 years?

We're living in the new Rome, baby!
    Exactly.

res attempts to reach past satan and touch rusha's soul

satan demonstrates the grip he has on rusha:
    Or maybe this demonstrates how you have damaged your witness.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

Tambora (September 30th, 2017)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Or maybe this demonstrates how you have damaged your witness.
    It's possible

but I don't see anybody doing any better, especially those who pretend to be her friends

Thread Information