User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Thread: toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics,

I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,817 Times in 11,241 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Unbiblical?

Ok Can i ask you something?

John 15

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends

Does this mean that if we love others, then we should be naturally crucified for them? What do you understand these verses to mean? Thanks
    Thanks for that verse in addition to mine, you just proved your own self wrong, since Christ says Himself He lays His own life down, no one took it from him.

The rest of your post is ridiculous, just admit you were wrong.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

glorydaz (October 4th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,892 Times in 1,454 Posts

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Thanks for that verse in addition to mine, you just proved your own self wrong, since Christ says Himself He lays His own life down, no one took it from him.

The rest of your post is ridiculous, just admit you were wrong.
    Why? I'm not wrong, when Jesus said greater love hath no man than this. That a man lay down his life for his friends. Did Jesus mean that if we love others then we have to die naturally for them?

What do you believe that verse means?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,232 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    Hi rexy

I imagine you've gotten used to being 'disappointed' with various theists over the years, but have learned to roll with the punches
    Well, yes, but I'm not just asking. I'm challenging the credulousness with which such a notion is accepted. Clearly, no one could testify to the existence of something that strikes you dead upon observation. So why take it so for granted? Who could possibly write an account of such a thing?
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

freelight (October 4th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,134 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    Well, yes, but I'm not just asking. I'm challenging the credulousness with which such a notion is accepted. Clearly, no one could testify to the existence of something that strikes you dead upon observation. So why take it so for granted? Who could possibly write an account of such a thing?
    - prolly not worth pursuing. It was a 'figure of speech'....a 'guess' on his part. As to the original thread inquiry, I think my former observations hold as to the hypothetical inquiry and presuppositions involved, let alone HOW Jesus would be properly identified

Thread Information