User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: Obamacare is nearing wide-scale implementation. Are you looking forwar

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking forward to it because we'll begin to see what results will be, positives and negatives. I'm sick of the years of talk. Though I figure there'll still be plenty of that. I wish it were less compromised so we would be better able to look at it.
    "There was so much handwriting on the wall that even the wall fell down"

"In the long run of history, the censor and the inquisitor have always lost. The only sure weapon against bad ideas is better ideas. The source of better ideas is wisdom. The surest path to wisdom is a liberal education." Alfred Whitney, Essays on Education

Don't you know
    That it ain't a crime
    If all the squares
    And the junkmen
    Think you're out of line

TH:

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm dreading it because it's such a gigantic political football that we're going to be absolutely swamped by lies, slander, and inane bile. EVERYTHING is going to be the fault of "Obamacare" for at least a year, and probably all the way to the next election cycle. Rain in Idaho? - It's Obamacare! An earthquake in Mexico? - It's Obamacare! Some crack whore throws her baby in a dumpster in New Jersey? It's Obamacare! EVERYTHING bad that happens anywhere on the planet, or even just in the fantasies of right-wing lunatics, is all going to be blamed on Obamacare, incessantly, for months and months and months.

Over 750 post club Brother Vinny's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    I'm dreading it because it's such a gigantic political football that we're going to be absolutely swamped by lies, slander, and inane bile. EVERYTHING is going to be the fault of "Obamacare" for at least a year, and probably all the way to the next election cycle. Rain in Idaho? - It's Obamacare! An earthquake in Mexico? - It's Obamacare! Some crack whore throws her baby in a dumpster in New Jersey? It's Obamacare! EVERYTHING bad that happens anywhere on the planet, or even just in the fantasies of right-wing lunatics, is all going to be blamed on Obamacare, incessantly, for months and months and months.
    This sounds like the liberal playbook on George W. Bush.
    "To deny Calvinism is to deny the gospel of Jesus Christ." - Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Amazon still have a copy?
    If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.
    --George Monbiot

Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    --Homer J. Simpson

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking forward to it. Outside of the political rhetoric, I think this is a step in the right direction in regards to healthcare.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,238 Times in 11,519 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 5th, 2013 10:37 AM

toldailytopic: Obamacare is nearing wide-scale implementation. Are you looking forward to it, or dreading it, and why?

Not looking forward too it, I think will it cause some insurance companies to go out of business, and a lot of companies to switch workers from full time to part time or eliminate jobs altogether to keep from having to cover employees and think it will ultimately causes taxes to go through the roof. it will create an incentive for more illegals and illegals being allowed to be on it as well and along with all those things, think the economy will ultimately tank.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question, how is this causing raises in insurance costs? I genuinely don't understand that part.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBTimeless View Post
    Question, how is this causing raises in insurance costs? I genuinely don't understand that part.
    All I know is mine has. Probably something to do with supply and demand--you know, the economic theory that when demand on a goods or services outstrips the supply, the prices of things go up? Mandated healthcare for EVERYBODY means that everybody has access to the supply, and it stands to reason that those who have access are going to utilize it, so prices rise. Make sense?

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Vinny View Post
    All I know is mine has. Probably something to do with supply and demand--you know, the economic theory that when demand on a goods or services outstrips the supply, the prices of things go up? Mandated healthcare for EVERYBODY means that everybody has access to the supply, and it stands to reason that those who have access are going to utilize it, so prices rise. Make sense?
    A bit, I also assume since they have to accept everyone it will cost them more money. Especially with the pre-conditions being accepted. But, on the other side, wouldn't they also get more customers since they have to buy anyway? (Unless they pay the mandate fine)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insurance costs have been going up and up and up for 30 years.

But NOW it's Obamacare's fault!

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    Insurance costs have been going up and up and up for 30 years.

But NOW it's Obamacare's fault!
    But has it gone up substantially since the introduction of Obamacare? If so, then it might very well be the cause.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit, I also assume since they have to accept everyone it will cost them more money. Especially with the pre-conditions being accepted. But, on the other side, wouldn't they also get more customers since they have to buy anyway? (Unless they pay the mandate fine)
    Getting more customers as fine, so long as you can handle the increase. You get everyone making claims for everything from cancer to a sprained ankle, and you begin stretching resources, which means hiring more or asking your people to work more hours, which runs into money. Doctors and nurses will want to be paid more, and insurers will want to hire more people to process claims and what-not. All of this gets passed along to the customer.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Vinny View Post
    Getting more customers as fine, so long as you can handle the increase. You get everyone making claims for everything from cancer to a sprained ankle, and you begin stretching resources, which means hiring more or asking your people to work more hours, which runs into money. Doctors and nurses will want to be paid more, and insurers will want to hire more people to process claims and what-not. All of this gets passed along to the customer.
    I follow.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,727 Times in 4,068 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of my loot is outside the US and what is here, well, let me say, Obama would be more likely to increase, than decrease it, same as George Bush.

Oh, this Care-by-the big-O, well, it may as well be Oprah Wimpy, as I will never see any of that mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Christian theology isn't to be in Christ.

So, what?

believe it!

Thanks
    Thanked 18,238 Times in 11,519 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Covering people with preexisting conditions and providing coverage for people who pay nothing into the system.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

Thread Information