User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: Obamacare is nearing wide-scale implementation. Are you looking forwar

Your powers are weak, old man. Knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,323 Times in 696 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

toldailytopic: Obamacare is nearing wide-scale implementation. Are you looking forwar

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 5th, 2013 10:37 AM

toldailytopic: Obamacare is nearing wide-scale implementation. Are you looking forward to it, or dreading it, and why?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Download the new TOL app for iPhone, iPad, and Android...

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to turn 26 before I finish grad school (and therefore can get a full time teaching job).
    "If you say the Rosary faithfully until death, I do assure you that, in spite of the gravity of your sins 'you shall receive a never fading crown of glory.' [2] Even if you are on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in Hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do who practise black magic, and even if you are a heretic as obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and will amend your life and save your soul, if----and mark well what I say----if you say the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon for your sins" (St. Louis Marie de Montfort, Secret of the Rosary, Red Rose).

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traditio View Post
    I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to turn 26 before I finish grad school (and therefore can get a full time teaching job).
    And that has to do with what in regards to Obummercare?

You cant get a full time teaching gig now?
    Contrary to what many Americans seem to think, the document we now call "the Constitution" and the Declaration of Independence are not pretty much the same thing or "connected in spirit," or "two sides of the same coin." The two documents were written by two different groups of people at two different times to accomplish two totally different goals.

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    And that has to do with what in regards to Obummercare?
    I'm assuming that I'm going to benefit, since my income in the foreseeable future is about $8000 per year plus whatever money I make as an adjunct teaching one or two classes (probably not much more than that) a year. Or am I mistaken?

You cant get a full time teaching gig now?
    1. I'm less likely to, since I only have an MA. So that rules out a lot of full time teaching gigs.

2. Even if I could, it would be difficult to have a full time teaching gig in addition to being a full time student.
    "If you say the Rosary faithfully until death, I do assure you that, in spite of the gravity of your sins 'you shall receive a never fading crown of glory.' [2] Even if you are on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in Hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do who practise black magic, and even if you are a heretic as obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and will amend your life and save your soul, if----and mark well what I say----if you say the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon for your sins" (St. Louis Marie de Montfort, Secret of the Rosary, Red Rose).

The Flying Ban Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 6,706 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post

toldailytopic: Obamacare is nearing wide-scale implementation. Are you looking forward to it, or dreading it, and why?
    I am looking forward to it just about is much as I would having both legs lopped off at the knees. Essentially that is what it is doing to America. America can't afford it and it's full of unnecessary pork.

The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It won't be the end of the world and will prove to be nowhere as terrible as its critics insist it'll be.
    If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.
    --George Monbiot

Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    --Homer J. Simpson

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 796 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor Americans will be pleased.
    One lavished upon in the Beloved
    http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/blog.php?u=10603

Over 1500 post club This Charming Manc's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand it fully, but it looks like a mess of a compromise to me

Over 750 post club Brother Vinny's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The crapload it's already taking out of my checks, I'm past dread and into despair.
    "To deny Calvinism is to deny the gospel of Jesus Christ." - Charles Spurgeon

Over 750 post club Brother Vinny's Avatar
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I should clarify: Obamacare unto itself has taken nothing from me, but my premiums have risen considerably--something that wasn't supposed to happen, to my understanding.)
    "To deny Calvinism is to deny the gospel of Jesus Christ." - Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm assuming that I'm going to benefit, since my income in the foreseeable future is about $8000 per year plus whatever money I make as an adjunct teaching one or two classes (probably not much more than that) a year. Or am I mistaken?

1. I'm less likely to, since I only have an MA. So that rules out a lot of full time teaching gigs.

2. Even if I could, it would be difficult to have a full time teaching gig in addition to being a full time student.
    You remind me of this . . .

PhD

Also, the philosophy professor at my place of employment tells me the job market in his area is "very tight".

I think you're right about benefiting from the law. I'm hoping I benefit as well since my college's health care is $800 a month (for my family), bringing my salary down even lower from the already low level it is. It is my understanding employers will be asked to pay more of the health care costs.
    “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

Some of the Evidence for Climate Change

The Biologos Foundation - The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

What Darwin Never Knew

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Granite View Post
    It won't be the end of the world and will prove to be nowhere as terrible as its critics insist it'll be.
    You're amazingly obtuse. I hope you're healthy for a good long while.
    I AM the pie lady!!

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    Dreading it. Like Brother Vinny, my insurance cost has increased by over 50%. I doubt we'll be able to maintain it for long. When things first started kicking in, I noticed the lines at the pharmacy were full of people freaking out because the cost of their medications had gone up significantly and those who were most upset were those on fixed income. Both of my physicians were growling about the added difficulties placed on them and my diabetes doctor dropped my husband and I claiming my insurance wasn't paying enough against the claims. I've been hearing for many years about how Canadians have been coming to the US for healthcare due to their NHS being so bad. Wonder what they'll be doing now?
    I think we should keep our eyes on the death toll. I suspect it will be going up quite a bit.
    I AM the pie lady!!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IMJerusha View Post
    You're amazingly obtuse. I hope you're healthy for a good long while.
    Actually I'm not, and I will be.
    If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.
    --George Monbiot

Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    --Homer J. Simpson

Does Whatever A Light-House Can Lighthouse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,117 Times in 10,018 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Democrat.

He didn't mean right now; he meant "without Obamacare."

Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    Poor Americans will be pleased.
    And remain poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Granite View Post
    Actually I'm not, and I will be.
    Obtuse and arrogant.

Thread Information