User Tag List

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: Boy Scouts vote to allow gay members. Good decision or bad decision?

I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,064 Times in 10,191 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    You can't "catch" being gay. That's not the way things work. And you can't decide to be gay or not to be gay.

You can only change behavior. Your worries are meaningless.
    Yes, a very young impressionable person can become convinced they are gay because of being molested by a gay person.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
    I really don't like it actually. I don't think sexuality should be discussed in, you know, a youth focused group. You know, it's weird to me that any child that age needs to discuss openly their sexuality o.O . Who cares? I sure as hell don't, whether the kids are straight or gay. Let them do crafts and some fishing. Stupid sex obsessed garbage society.
    It is weird which I think is part of the issue.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dena View Post
    It is weird which I think is part of the issue.
    Yea, there is a deep problem our society suffers from, I think. There is just no reason why sexual orientation should be a topic for any youth group to discuss. I don't see how it has anything to do with the BSoA's mission. What are they going to do? Give out "You're so fabulous!" badges?
    I'm not a sinner, or preacher, all I have is slight of hand.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,636 Times in 8,251 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Yes, a very young impressionable person can become convinced they are gay because of being molested by a gay person.
    They can and they do. I did night shift at a residential treatment center for the worst cases of sexual abuse in the country. All kids were between the ages of four and twelve.

There were nine boys on one floor, and all nine would use every opportunity to crawl into his neighbor's bed and act out sexually. We had motion detectors, but had to watch them like hawks. What are the odds of having all nine little boys being "born gay" as opposed to being molested into acting out "gay" behaviour?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 11th, 2016),LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,493 Times in 9,617 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    toldailytopic: Boy Scouts vote to allow gay members. Good decision or bad decision?
    So, same thing that happened with the military...

All I can say is, "."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

LoneStar (April 10th, 2016)

Over 1500 post club Frank Ernest's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"When men reduce their virtues to the approximate, then evil acquires the force of an absolute, when loyalty to an unyielding purpose is dropped by the virtuous, it’s picked up by scoundrels—and you get the indecent spectacle of a cringing, bargaining, traitorous good and a self-righteously uncompromising evil." -- Ayn Rand

Isaiah 5:20-24 (KJV)

Psalm 144

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    There is no such thing as a "gay child." The problem for the Boy Scouts will be older boys, who have made the wrong decision or have been "gotten to" already, will be around younger boys who are only awakening to their sexual urges. That's exactly what we don't need.
    Man are you both ignorant and naive...
    If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.
    --George Monbiot

Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    --Homer J. Simpson

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    They can and they do. I did night shift at a residential treatment center for the worst cases of sexual abuse in the country. All kids were between the ages of four and twelve.

There were nine boys on one floor, and all nine would use every opportunity to crawl into his neighbor's bed and act out sexually. We had motion detectors, but had to watch them like hawks. What are the odds of having all nine little boys being "born gay" as opposed to being molested into acting out "gay" behaviour?
    The obvious flaw in your analysis is that the boys were housed apart from girls. Victims of sexual abuse are sexualized too young and will act out with males and females if given the chance. Most of them will have a preference for females. I will agree that a higher percentage will have some interest in other males (even when girls are available) as compared to nonabused agemates.

I wish you had a better understanding of the differences between the effects of sexual trauma and sexual development in general.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Granite View Post
    Man are you both ignorant and naive...
    Wow, I'm impressed by your posting style. Let me put it this way. There is no such thing as a gay child who is actually a child, but there are those who mature in age without maturing in mind. I have found most gays very immature...acting like teenage girls even when their hair is gray.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 11th, 2016),LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uberpod1 View Post
    The obvious flaw in your analysis is that the boys were housed apart from girls. Victims of sexual abuse are sexualized too young and will act out with males and females if given the chance. Most of them will have a preference for females. I will agree that a higher percentage will have some interest in other males (even when girls are available) as compared to nonabused agemates.

I wish you had a better understanding of the differences between the effects of sexual trauma and sexual development in general.
    I understand acting out because of sexual trauma quite well. My point being these boys grow up believing it's appropriate to have sex with the same sex and many think they're gay. I know you like to deny it, but most gays have sexual abuse in their background. They were not born gay by any stretch of the imagination.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,346 Times in 20,014 Posts

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dialogos View Post
    The problem is not that the Boy Scouts have allowed the young boy members to participate regardless of orientation as most of them shouldn't be engaged in any kind of sexual practices whether they are homosexual practices or heterosexual practices. The problem is that this decision fundamentally changes their pledge and their values.

The boy scout pledge to:
    "On my honor I will do my best To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight."

has now been compromised. I can guarantee the the same pressure that forced this decision will be continually levied against the boy scouts to redefine "morally straight" in such a way as to allow, and even promote, same sex relationships.

Then, once that has been done, those exerting pressure will point out that it is inconsistent to allow moral straightness to include same sex relationships and yet disallow scout leaders who are engaged in same sex relationships.

This isn't the last we have heard on the issue because those who desire to make sure that everyone in america celebrates same sex relationships will not stop until every organization celebrates it, every church embraces it, and every person who dares speak to the contrary is criminalized.

The oath will be changed to:
    "On my honor I will do my best To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and turn a blind eye to the morally straight."

I make the alligators look tame.
    A wretched, spiteful, straight-razor totin' woman.
    Lord have mercy.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 11th, 2016)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post

The oath will be changed to:
    "On my honor I will do my best To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and turn a blind eye to the morally straight."

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad decision.

Yes, let's send a 16 year old with raging hormones who is attracted to the male gender out into the woods to share a tent with a ten and a half year old boy.

Some people simply do not understand the concept of "do not tempt people if at all possible."

When the scouts start generating stories in the papers like the RCC people might begin to consider the stupidity of this move.

The same people who think this is a good idea would NEVER consider allowing their ten and a half year old daughter to go out into the woods and share a tent with a 16 year old boy.

Morons.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Uberpod1 View Post

I have to agree with Uberpod here.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Bad decision.

The same people who think this is a good idea would NEVER consider allowing their ten and a half year old daughter to go out into the woods and share a tent with a 16 year old boy.

Morons.
    I wouldn't let my 10 year old go out into the woods with any teenager that wasn't a sibling. Period.

Thread Information