User Tag List

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 191

Thread: toldailytopic: Boy Scouts vote to allow gay members. Good decision or bad decision?

  1. #61
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,611
    Thanks
    3,817
    Thanked 18,379 Times in 9,232 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147687
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    And kids mostly don't care about that stuff unless their parents teach them to view it as "bad". They call other kids "queers" because their parents have taught them that it's an insult. But when they get to know someone who is gay for themselves, in most cases they will see that it was a lie.

    We went through all this with racism, and the younger generations no longer carry around all that crap like the older folks have done. Now we're going through it with homosexuality, and the same positive changes will happen over time. The Scout's decision is just another step in the direction of freedom and equality, and it's a good thing.
    Interesting how you compare a sexual sin to the color of one's skin.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Angel4Truth (April 11th, 2016),LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

  3. #62
    Over 1000 post club Dena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,087
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2387
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    There is no such thing as a "gay child." The problem for the Boy Scouts will be older boys, who have made the wrong decision or have been "gotten to" already, will be around younger boys who are only awakening to their sexual urges. That's exactly what we don't need.
    What do you propose be done to prevent non-openly gay boys from abusing other younger boys? Because if that's your issue then it matters not one bit if the boys are openly gay or not.

    I don't know anything about boy scouts. Are there are a lot of instances where the younger boys are out overnight with older boys?

  4. #63
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,611
    Thanks
    3,817
    Thanked 18,379 Times in 9,232 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147687
    Quote Originally Posted by Dena View Post
    What do you propose be done to prevent non-openly gay boys from abusing other younger boys? Because if that's your issue then it matters not what bit if the boys are openly gay or not.

    I don't know anything about boy scouts. Are there are a lot of instances where the younger boys are out overnight with older boys?
    The camp staff is made up of adult Scouters and older Boy Scouts. If the older boy's gayness is accepted then the younger boys will assume it's fine. Nothing can completely stop things done in secret, but that doesn't mean we should open the flood gates.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Angel4Truth (April 11th, 2016),LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

  6. #64
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,095
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 198 Times in 169 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    58608
    You can't "catch" being gay. That's not the way things work. And you can't decide to be gay or not to be gay.

    You can only change behavior. Your worries are meaningless.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  7. #65
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,362
    Thanks
    23,256
    Thanked 16,856 Times in 10,650 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147713
    Quote Originally Posted by Dena View Post
    Perverts in general prey on children. That's what they do. It has nothing to do with homosexuality or heterosexuality. The Boy Scouts aren't changing their policy on gay scout leaders.
    Why not, if gay kids are ok, gay adults should be too, or thats discrimination isnt it?

    You liberals are all over the map.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

  9. #66
    Black Rifles Matter Nick M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    16,345
    Thanks
    596
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 5,071 Posts

    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147781
    Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
    I love you!
    Fag.


    1 Timothy 5:20

    20 Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

    Titus 1

    For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

    Ephesians 5

    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

  10. #67
    Black Rifles Matter Nick M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    16,345
    Thanks
    596
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 5,071 Posts

    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147781
    Sex is behavior. Gender is something you are born with, and there are only two.

    Male and female he created them.

    There is no"orientation" in the way they mean.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

    Titus 1

    For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

    Ephesians 5

    11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

  11. #68
    Over 6000 post club PureX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NWPA
    Posts
    6,369
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 825 Times in 568 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    612036
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Interesting how you compare a sexual sin to the color of one's skin.
    Bigotry is bigotry. We all sin, we all have a skin color. None of this justifies bigotry. It doesn't matter what the reasons or excuses are.

    The bigots will never change, but their children will see past it if they're given the chance.

  12. #69
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,362
    Thanks
    23,256
    Thanked 16,856 Times in 10,650 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147713
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    Bigotry is bigotry. We all sin, we all have a skin color. None of this justifies bigotry. It doesn't matter what the reasons or excuses are.

    The bigots will never change, but their children will see past it if they're given the chance.
    You are a bigot for your own position. You are too blind to see.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

  14. #70
    Over 1000 post club Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,453
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 82 Times in 69 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    78053
    I really don't like it actually. I don't think sexuality should be discussed in, you know, a youth focused group. You know, it's weird to me that any child that age needs to discuss openly their sexuality o.O . Who cares? I sure as hell don't, whether the kids are straight or gay. Let them do crafts and some fishing. Stupid sex obsessed garbage society.
    I'm not a sinner, or preacher, all I have is slight of hand.

  15. #71
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,611
    Thanks
    3,817
    Thanked 18,379 Times in 9,232 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147687
    Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    Bigotry is bigotry. We all sin, we all have a skin color. None of this justifies bigotry. It doesn't matter what the reasons or excuses are.

    The bigots will never change, but their children will see past it if they're given the chance.
    Yeah, and our kids will "see past" the importance of being faithful to their spouses, too, if we continue to allow them to watch the garbage shown on TV. They'll "see past" the importance of working for the food they eat if we give them a chance to see how Welfare will take care of all their needs.

    Heck, they'll even "see past" the need to brush their teeth if we don't bother to show them how. So, really, your argument simply falls short of common sense.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Angel4Truth (April 11th, 2016),LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

  17. #72
    I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere between heaven and hell
    Posts
    16,362
    Thanks
    23,256
    Thanked 16,856 Times in 10,650 Posts

    Blog Entries
    52
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147713
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Yeah, and our kids will "see past" the importance of being faithful to their spouses, too, if we continue to allow them to watch the garbage shown on TV. They'll "see past" the importance of working for the food they eat if we give them a chance to see how Welfare will take care of all their needs.

    Heck, they'll even "see past" the need to brush their teeth if we don't bother to show them how. So, really, your argument simply falls short of common sense.
    Exactly. Well said.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

    "Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

    LoneStar (April 10th, 2016)

  19. #73
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,611
    Thanks
    3,817
    Thanked 18,379 Times in 9,232 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147687
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    You can't "catch" being gay. That's not the way things work. And you can't decide to be gay or not to be gay.

    You can only change behavior. Your worries are meaningless.
    You can catch the eye of some older teen who caught the eye of some man, and then you can actually come to believe you, too, might be "gay." So, yeah, it's catchy in a sense...just like all sin.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Angel4Truth (April 11th, 2016),LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

  21. #74
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    It's a good decision.

  22. #75
    TOL Subscriber Lon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,863
    Thanks
    1,439
    Thanked 2,915 Times in 1,787 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1495184
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    You can't "catch" being gay.
    Can I 'catch' addiction to tobacco? Can I 'catch' promiscuity? Can I 'catch' a habit?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    That's not the way things work.
    Yeah, peer pressure never works that way....does it?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    And you can't decide to be gay or not to be gay.
    LoveMeorHateMe absolutely disagrees with you and I'm inclined to really give him the benefit of a listen on this particular.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    You can only change behavior.
    Like quitting smoking? Stopping drug addiction? Stopping sexual addiction?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Your worries are meaningless.
    How 'politically' correct of you. Do your fellow Catholics know you are supposed to be one? (just wondering).
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

    Is Calvinism okay? Yep

    Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

    1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

    Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us