User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: Boy Scouts vote to allow gay members. Good decision or bad decision?

Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were always gay scouts. BSA never asked about sexual orientation; I doubt if most people even knew it was specifically prohibited until recently.

And since BSA is officially neutral as to Who God is, you could be just about anything. I doubt if we'll see a FSM badge anytime soon, but it could happen.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    They did keep the ban on gay scout leaders which I think is more important.
    which will probably disappear under a discrimination lawsuit.
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...on-Homosexuals

In 2000, the Supreme Court upheld the Scouts’ rights to exclude open and avowed homosexuals in Boy Scouts of America v. Dale. The Court held that the Scouts have a First Amendment right to determine what its values are, and require that its membership be a reflection of those values. BSA’s beliefs were that open homosexuality is incompatible with the Scout Oath that a Scout must be “morally straight,” and the Scout Law requirement that a Scout be “clean.” On that basis, the Court upheld BSA’s right to exclude open homosexuals from membership.....

For the Scouts to say that homosexuality is compatible with Scouting but that homosexual adults cannot be involved in Scouting will land them in court. BSA can now be sued under numerous anti-discrimination and public-accommodation laws and will probably lose, since their exclusion is no longer driven by their beliefs protected by the First Amendment.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,364 Posts

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not good!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What this decision does is teach our children that it is ok to abandon their ideals, morals, and integrity because the world and its ways say that it's ok and that it is the "modern" way of thinking.

It's the whole lemming syndrome. It puts our children in the terrible position of having their peers look down on them if they don't give in and embrace what they know is wrong but their so called friends tell them is the new way of thinking about G-d and about moral values.

One more good American institution flushed down the toilet.
    The L-rd bless you and keep you;
    The L-rd make his face shine upon you,
    And be gracious to you;
    The L-rd lift up his countenance upon you,
    And give you peace.

Abortion is murder. Period.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drstevej View Post
    SO <Atheist>, you LIED when you said the Scout Oath?
    Yes, we all lied, I suppose. None of us could help other people at all times. Yeah, we slept and could not help others when unconsious. Endorsing a stupid platitude isn't really lying. It's jumping through a hoop of pretense so as to avoid the stupid ramblings of the artificial, pretentious people in authority over you.

On my honor I will do my best
    To do my duty to God and my country
    I actually believed in God at the time. Don't blame me I was 13. I eventually grew out of it.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,906 Times in 5,293 Posts

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barbie View Post
    There were always gay scouts.
    I wouldn't be surprised if leaders wanted to become leaders so they could molest children and make little sodomites. Is that what you did?

Quote Originally Posted by barbie
    BSA never asked about sexual orientation
    Sure they do, they require an oath to be morally straight. Did you not read it you flaming faggot lover? You are disgusting and a sexual pervert. This goes for all of you that endorse such a vile perverse behavior.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegascowboy View Post
    What this decision does is teach our children that it is ok to abandon their ideals, morals, and integrity because the world and its ways say that it's ok and that it is the "modern" way of thinking.
    It actually teaches appropriate boundaries and heads off things like Sharia Law.

It's the whole lemming syndrome.
    Who acts more like lemmings: people relying on a purportedly infallible ancient text or people free to apply reason and empiricism on current day variables?

It puts our children in the terrible position of having their peers look down on them if they don't give in and embrace what they know is wrong but their so called friends tell them is the new way of thinking about G-d and about moral values.
    Just deserts.
    One more good American institution flushed down the toilet.
    Let's hope all religious institutions follow.

Thanks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a crying shame. Literally. If the girls go the same way, our daughters will not be in the orginization.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    It is a crying shame.
    When I told you that Jesus cried over the sin of Jerusalem you replied saying, "Shame on you for saying that Christ was a effeminate."

Now you're crying Nick. Maybe there is some compassion in the dark side of the Force after all.
    "The Bible is very clear, Christians aren't supposed to be busybodies, nor are they supposed to strive with any man who hasn't harmed him (Or someone else, by implication.)" RandPaulfor2016, May 10, 2013

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...73#post3450273

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
    When I told you that Jesus cried over the sin of Jerusalem you replied saying, "Shame on you for saying that Christ was a effeminate."

Now you're crying Nick. Maybe there is some compassion in the dark side of the Force after all.
    Nick was feminized in his youth.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberpod1 View Post
    Nick was feminized in his youth.
    My point was that we should grieve over sin instead of being angry about it.
    "The Bible is very clear, Christians aren't supposed to be busybodies, nor are they supposed to strive with any man who hasn't harmed him (Or someone else, by implication.)" RandPaulfor2016, May 10, 2013

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...73#post3450273

Thanks

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
    The shame part is literal. Not the crying you fag lover. Actually, you are not a fag lover. If you loved him, you would rebuke sharply, in the front of all.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    It is a crying shame. Literally. If the girls go the same way, our daughters will not be in the orginization.
    Don't waste your time putting your girls in Girl Scouts. Some of it is equally as bad. We did AWANA instead, which teaches them to memorize Scripture, live for God, and share His word.

I get so frustrated with all this acceptance garbage in the name of "tolerance".

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberpod1 View Post
    I actually believed in God at the time. Don't blame me I was 13. I eventually grew out of it.
    That's sad... Most people become wiser as they grow.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,005 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    They're a private organization so they can do whatever they like. They did keep the ban on gay scout leaders which I think is more important. I'm not sure organizations such as the BSA are as important as they used to be anyway, membership has been declining for some time.

Don't like what the boyscouts did? Send your kids to AWANA.
    I agree that the leaders issue is more important. I don't think I really care if they let gay scouts in.

Thread Information