User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: Benghazi? The IRS Scandal? AP Phonegate? What is potentially the most

Over 1500 post club Frank Ernest's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    I work for the real world, which is rarely noticed here on TOL.
    Any connection between your opinions and "real world" are purely accidental, not to mention hilarious.

Psalm 144

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work for the real world, which is rarely noticed here on TOL.
    Yeah...Funny thing about the "real world"...What that consists of kinda depends on where you are standing.
    Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
    ~Leonard Cohen

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ~Dalai Lama XIV

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 1,168 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Ernest View Post
    A Commander-in-Chief abandoning his troops in the field. Nope. No foul play there.
    If that's what happened.

Really? Well, I suppose the questionable gathering of political intelligence and then distributing it to opposition organizations by the IRS is ok?
    No.

Is the idea to take all the scandals, put them into a hat, and then pick one?
    Ask Knight. He started this thread. I was just answering his question.

Targeting the political enemy is fine with the press. Targeting one's supposed political friends in the press, isn't.
    Yep.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TomO View Post
    Yeah...Funny thing about the "real world"...What that consists of kinda depends on where you are standing.
    Yes, in the real world people are commanded when to pass wind, an who Ever is to close shall not feel their relief
    Just tell me what you want me to criticize! I want you to be happy<.

Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a badly battered republican party is trying to rally the troops. Whether or not it's a workable plan depends on whether or not they can get the majority in the middle to sign on.

Should be fun to watch though.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,836 Times in 6,040 Posts

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The IRS scandal was ordered from the top down. Obama is a liar and a thief. Muslims killing Americans? So what. That was just an impromptu protest that turned violent and got out of hand. Americans started it.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Thanks
    Thanked 8,836 Times in 6,040 Posts

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    It depends. Benghazi seems to be just something tossed in by the republicans now; people seem to be yawning at the feigned outrage.
    You are one of the biggest liars on TOL. Who do you think you are fooling?
    Last edited by Nick M; May 17th, 2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: saving it for his response
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    The IRS scandal was ordered from the top down. Obama is a liar and a thief. Muslims killing Americans? So what. That was just an impromptu protest that turned violent and got out of hand. Americans started it.
    If there was any proof of that we'd have a heck of story. So far that doesn't appear to be the case.
    If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.
    --George Monbiot

Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    --Homer J. Simpson

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Granite
    If there was any proof of that we'd have a heck of story. So far that doesn't appear to be the case.
    You'd have to cite sources to defend one position against another.
    1.So far we know that it was either an Embassy,or a Consulate, the revised talking points.
    2.The President, Hillary, Rice, attributed the spontaneous attack on a video - public knowledge went on for 2-3 weeks.
    3. There was real time video that showed the attack.
    4. There were calls from the the Ambassador that the Embassy/Consulate was under attack.
    5. There were orders to stand down.
    6. There was an evacuation of personal, who to-date we the public have not heard their testimony.
    7. Four Americans are dead.

There is again an underlying story as to the real cause of the attacks on the Embassy/Consulate - guns were being run, by the CIA. Gun Running sound too bizarre, shall we revisit this Administration's actions in Fast and Furious? The Gun Running at Benghazi was to help rebels in Syria, but the Muslim Brotherhood wanted the weapons hence an attack.
    Investigations take time, getting people to testify, especially with the consequences takes time, this is the beginning of the investigation it may take years to build a case.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obama attacking Republicans those're his heroes you're talking about.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Looks like a badly battered republican party is trying to rally the troops. Whether or not it's a workable plan depends on whether or not they can get the majority in the middle to sign on.

The only "troops" they will rally this way are the nut jobs and the haters who have no where else to go, anyway. So I don't see there being much of a payoff in all this phony indignation. I think they're just acting out of habit because they don't know what else to do. Attack and smear, attack and smear, attack and smear; it's all they know, anymore.

Over 1500 post club Frank Ernest's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only "troops" they will rally this way are the nut jobs and the haters who have no where else to go, anyway. So I don't see there being much of a payoff in all this phony indignation. I think they're just acting out of habit because they don't know what else to do. Attack and smear, attack and smear, attack and smear; it's all they know, anymore.

I know! Let's trivialize the situation to such an extent that it will make our political opponents look like they're doing what we're doing.

I believe that is the sum of your musings on the issue.

Psalm 144

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    You are one of the biggest liars on TOL. Who do you think you are fooling?
    Nick, you're a joke. Even people who share your beliefs laugh at you. If you'd show a hint of rationality, you'd be far more believable. For some reason, you can't do it. Whether it's stupidity or dishonesty on your part is hard to tell.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 1,168 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Granite View Post
    Maybe not ordered from top down, but based on the inspector general's hearing yesterday there were some people that knew about the problem and didn't release the information. The reason possibly being that it was during an election season. This IRS thing seems to be moving from bad to worse.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe not ordered from top down, but based on the inspector general's hearing yesterday there were some people that knew about the problem and didn't release the information. The reason possibly being that it was during an election season. This IRS thing seems to be moving from bad to worse.
    As the evidence unfolds, it appears that this has been going on for a decade or longer. One of the advantages of a democrat administration, is the republicans are better at P.R.ing a scandal, and democrats are better at fixing it. How many people were aware that the Bush administration had the IRS targeting liberal groups?

On the other hand, it now looks like something is going to be done, which is a good thing, I think.

Thread Information