User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: Benghazi? The IRS Scandal? AP Phonegate? What is potentially the most

Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top Democrat on the House Oversight panel on Wednesday called for Republicans to join him in restoring funds after deep cuts to embassy security by the GOP-led House over the past two years.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affa...#ixzz2TP6NSiSw

Republicans are already quietly moving to get some cover for themselves:
    The legislation would provide about $2 billion more than the current level to increase security at US embassies and diplomatic missions worldwide. Last September, a terrorist attack on the US diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nati...J8I/story.html

The backup plan is to find a way to blame Hillary Clinton.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,276 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to not say the Benghazi situation because of people dying but I'm not convinced there was any real foul play.

The IRS thing is bad but no groups were actually denied the tax-exempt status. Also, I don't consider the tax-exempt status of these groups to be as big of an issue as embassy security and freedom of the press.

So I'd probably say the AP thing. I also think that TomO has a good point that part of why it might hurt the Obama administration more is that the press was the target.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kmoney
    It's hard to not say the Benghazi situation because of people dying but I'm not convinced there was any real foul play.

The IRS thing is bad but no groups were actually denied the tax-exempt status. Also, I don't consider the tax-exempt status of these groups to be as big of an issue as embassy security and freedom of the press.

So I'd probably say the AP thing. I also think that TomO has a good point that part of why it might hurt the Obama administration more is that the press was the target.
    The AP story, I have heard that the phone taps were justified because there was a leak, that threatened national security, so I'm thinking this one is going nowhere. But it might result in the press being a little less biased in the news coverage.

Thanks
    Thanked 25,330 Times in 12,818 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 15th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: Benghazi? The IRS Scandal? AP Phonegate? What is potentially the most damaging scandal to the Obama Administration?

Benghazi should be, but everybody already hates the IRS.

Still, the AP scandal may finally get the press off their duffs, so I'm thinking that one will have the greatest effect.

And, it's about time for the whole house to come toppling down on this sham of an administration.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

Over 1500 post club Frank Ernest's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    I blame Bush.

and Cheney

and Reagan
    I was considering blaming Warren G. Harding and U. S. Grant.

Psalm 144

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 15th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: Benghazi? The IRS Scandal? AP Phonegate? What is potentially the most damaging scandal to the Obama Administration?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    Taken all together the damaging effect is larger than the sum of their parts. It betrays the lack of leadership in this administration.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    A Commander-in-Chief abandoning his troops in the field. Nope. No foul play there.
    The IRS thing is bad but no groups were actually denied the tax-exempt status.
    Really? Well, I suppose the questionable gathering of political intelligence and then distributing it to opposition organizations by the IRS is ok?
    Also, I don't consider the tax-exempt status of these groups to be as big of an issue as embassy security and freedom of the press.
    Is the idea to take all the scandals, put them into a hat, and then pick one?
    Targeting the political enemy is fine with the press. Targeting one's supposed political friends in the press, isn't.

Psalm 144

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Ernest View Post
    I was considering blaming Warren G. Harding and U. S. Grant.

as long as you don't blame Bammy

that would be racist

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as long as you don't blame Bammy

that would be racist
    I used the diverse form of

I believe it is safe and above criticism to blame dead white guys.

Psalm 144

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post

Obama's lost a lot of his luster with the left and the press is increasingly fed up with his holier-than-thou shtick--and the press is also sick of hearing how they've handled the administration with kid gloves. So I agree the AP flap probably bodes worst for POTUS simply because you can fire as many IRS bureaucrats as you want, and release all the emails you like, but one thing you don't want to deal with is a town full of infuriated journalists.
    If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.
    --George Monbiot

Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    --Homer J. Simpson

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of them are, because they are each just another tempest in a teapot brought to us by the republican party's endless need to smear the Obama administration by any means possible, and the news media's endless need to turn every political story into a 'cage match'.

The majority of the American people know this is just more partisan BS. Those who believe it matters already hate Obama (like yourself), and no one else really cares. Obama can't be hurt any worse in your eyes, and he isn't being hurt at all by this in anyone else's. So it's all just a big stink over nothing.

The only thing about all this that worries me is what else the politicians are getting up to while they're keeping everyone distracted with this nonsense.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used the diverse form of

I believe it is safe and above criticism to blame dead white guys.

Whitey he am my oppressor

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PureX View Post
    None of them are, because they are each just another tempest in a teapot brought to us by the republican party's endless need to smear the Obama administration by any means possible, and the news media's endless need to turn every political story into a 'cage match'.

The majority of the American people know this is just more partisan BS. Those who believe it matters already hate Obama (like yourself), and no one else really cares. Obama can't be hurt any worse in your eyes, and he isn't being hurt at all by this in anyone else's. So it's all just a big stink over nothing.

The only thing about all this that worries me is what else the politicians are getting up to while they're keeping everyone distracted with this nonsense.
    Do you work for the current administration in some capacity? Press Office, perhaps?

Psalm 144

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whitey he am my oppressor
    Down wi' dat, Homey!

Psalm 144

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you work for the current administration in some capacity? Press Office, perhaps?
    I work for the real world, which is rarely noticed here on TOL.

Thread Information