User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: Benghazi? The IRS Scandal? AP Phonegate? What is potentially the most

Thanks
    Thanked 1,386 Times in 714 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

toldailytopic: Benghazi? The IRS Scandal? AP Phonegate? What is potentially the most

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 15th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: Benghazi? The IRS Scandal? AP Phonegate? What is potentially the most damaging scandal to the Obama Administration?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Download the new TOL app for iPhone, iPad, and Android...

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AP...Which I find ironic because it's going to be damaging not because of what but because of who.

That having been said; I think Benghazi is going to hang around Hillarys neck like an albatross; ruining her chances in 2016. The IRS thing is just a burp.

So it has been written....So it shall be done.
    Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
    ~Leonard Cohen

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ~Dalai Lama XIV

Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benghazi, unless something of substance appears, is a yawn for the public. The moderates and liberals seem to think it's nothing. So that's useful only for rallying the faithful.

The other two are actually seriously wrong, possibly criminal. Those have some power, particularly if it can be shown that the WH knew about the IRS actions.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Over 1500 post club This Charming Manc's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you think in all the desperate scrambling for an Obama scandal the right wing media is making the administration scandal proof.

I am not even in the states and i'm sick of hearing about 'scandals'?

I think something real and substantial could get by in all this chaff, I also include the birther stuff in this.

The boy who cried wolf is a relevant tale of caution.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to write something substantive but I realised it's futile.

I don't want another Clinton, but a woman would be good. I'm sick of these bought and paid for corporate -expletive-.

GIVE ME A REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT.

Elizabeth Warren would be great if she got blocked on EVERYTHING but banking regulation, I'd take that deal in an instant.

Democracy is dead, and it seems we're running out of time to revive it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt any of them are really going to harm the administration other than be distractions. The AP scandal doesn't even implicate Eric Holder (much less the president) since he recused himself from the investigation.

Hopefully heads will roll and we'll be done with it. The faux outrage over Benghazi (and over talking points no less) is growing more tiresome by the day.
    “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

Some of the Evidence for Climate Change

The Biologos Foundation - The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

What Darwin Never Knew

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alate_One View Post
    I doubt any of them are really going to harm the administration other than be distractions. The AP scandal doesn't even implicate Eric Holder (much less the president) since he recused himself from the investigation.

Hopefully heads will roll and we'll be done with it. The faux outrage over Benghazi (and over talking points no less) is growing more tiresome by the day.
    Their donors won't let them impeach Obama, they want the grand "bargain".

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xAvarice View Post
    I was going to write something substantive but I realised it's futile.

I don't want another Clinton, but a woman would be good. I'm sick of these bought and paid for corporate -expletive-.

GIVE ME A REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT.

Elizabeth Warren would be great if she got blocked on EVERYTHING but banking regulation, I'd take that deal in an instant.

REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT = These bought and paid for corporate -expletive

Democracy is dead, and it seems we're running out of time to revive it.
    Dude...Rigor has already set in.
    Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
    ~Leonard Cohen

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ~Dalai Lama XIV

The Flying Ban Hammer ✈ Spam Killing Tomcat Sherman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,369 Times in 7,055 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post

toldailytopic: Benghazi? The IRS Scandal? AP Phonegate? What is potentially the most damaging scandal to the Obama Administration?
    I would have to say Benghazi. Lives were taken while Obama sat and and dithered like a slack jawed fag. He was either too weak to protect American citizens or he was covering something up. At any rate he can't hide the stench of his actions forever. Like skunk stink--the smell is going to get out.
    Last edited by Sherman; May 15th, 2013 at 09:12 AM.

The Troll Shredder--Brrrtttttt!

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? More like tolerate perversity.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The AP fiasco, simply because it doesn't look like the White House was aware of the IRS's actions and because Benghazi appears to be incompetence but not malice.

P.S. Edit: However, if there was data collection going on, there's a very good chance it was legal thanks to the overreach codified by the Patriot Act. So it'll be amusing to see politicians fuming and frothing while they refuse to undue the very legislation that enabled this kind of data gathering.
    If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a millionaire.
    --George Monbiot

Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
    --Homer J. Simpson

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    That, Obama is really Osama shaved clean! Or Osama is really Obama, at the wheel of the titanic.
    An American can't even get a drivers licence with a certificate of birth. No doctors signatures, no one to investigate, an plain as. ignoring the query.
    Just tell me what you want me to criticize! I want you to be happy<.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
    I would have to say Benghazi. Lives were taken while Obama sat and and dithered like a slack jawed fag.
    Sounds familiar.

Benghazi is sensationalism, there's so many things to criticise Obama for yet you miss the real points and try this hyperbole?

Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    That Obama is really Osama shaved clean! Or Osama is really Obama at the wheel of the titanic.
    An American can't even get a drivers licence with certificate of birth. No doctors signatures, no one to investigate
    See what I mean?

"He wasn't born in the US"

Tell that to Ted Cruz.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watergate was described as a third rate break in.
    It occurred in 1972, Nixon resigns in 1974, took a little bit of time for the weight of the thing to have real political effect.
    Its that second term jinx...

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xAvarice
    Sounds familiar.

Benghazi is sensationalism, there's so many things to criticise Obama for yet you miss the real points and try this hyperbole?
    The whisper on Benghazi is that the Administration the White House was involved with gun running, supplying weapons to rebels and Muslim Brotherhood, which is why the consulate was targeted. But all this is unsubstantiated unless someone is willing to testify under oath, and name names.
    Now thats hyperbole.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xAvarice View Post
    Sounds familiar.

See what I mean?

"He wasn't born in the US"

Tell that to Ted Cruz.
    Yes. Just show the world the evidence. Show us the paper work, in which
    He would never pull that off, the Age of the paper work would not pass
    Osama, lol, dumped himself at sea!
    Just tell me what you want me to criticize! I want you to be happy<.

Thread Information