User Tag List

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 165663646566

Thread: toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,583 Times in 22,522 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IMJerusha View Post
    I grew up using both Greek and Hebrew. Why are you so bothered by my use of Hebrew? I've been led to where I am now and I'm content. I don't enforce the Sabbath, I observe it. You're sort of uneducated when it comes to Messianic Judaism but mostly, you don't know the God you claim. Very sad.
    You have the right to use any language you wish! However,
    you must be mindful of the fact that, some people (perhaps
    most) won't know what you're talking about! That may
    hinder your message!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Tambora (October 12th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    You have the right to use any language you wish! However,
    you must be mindful of the fact that, some people (perhaps
    most) won't know what you're talking about! That may
    hinder your message!
    I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T!!!
    I AM the pie lady!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,583 Times in 22,522 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IMJerusha View Post
    I-N-T-E-R-N-E-T!!!
    Some may not bother looking! Your message/statement is in vain, then!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Grosnick Marowbe For Your Post:

Tambora (October 12th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    Some may not bother looking! Your message/statement is in vain, then!
    God is in Control!
    I AM the pie lady!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    Thanked 13,393 Times in 10,254 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    And I believe that no one is actually saved until the resurrection.
    Until then, there is always a possibility of turning away, as Jesus and the apostles warned about over and over.
    But never Paul. I wonder why that is...

Once someone is truly saved at the resurrection, then salvation will have become a past event instead of a promise for the future.
    Stuck in the old dispensation, I see.

And I don't have that confusion. When someone turns away from the narrow way, they end up on the broad path that leads to destruction.
    They do not have to stay on the broad path, but can return to the narrow way and not have their name blotted out from the book of life.
    When someone apostatizes, they face the very real possibility of never being able to return to the narrow way, because they will have had their name blotted out from the book of life.
    What confusion?

And as for that last part, if true then the parable of the Prodigal Son is a lie; are you calling Jesus a liar?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 11th, 2016),LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (October 12th, 2017)

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,300 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    But never Paul. I wonder why that is...
    Learn to read what is written.

Romans 11:19-21
    19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
    20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
    21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Stuck in the old dispensation, I see.
    The scriptures talk about covenants and stewardship. I am in the New Covenant. There is no such thing as the old stewardship in the scriptures.

What confusion?
    The whole OSAS confusion over who was actually "saved" and who wasn't actually "saved".
    On the one hand, you have a person being able to commit murders with impunity because he was already "saved".
    On the other hand, you have a person that was not actually "saved" because he is committing murders.

And as for that last part, if true then the parable of the Prodigal Son is a lie; are you calling Jesus a liar?
    The parable of the Prodigal Son is about how God reacts to a sinner that repents and approaches Him humbly asking for forgiveness.
    God is willing to forgive those who confess their sins and ask for forgiveness.

John talked about the same thing.

1 John 1:6-10
    6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
    7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
    8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we claim we are OSAS, and refuse to live righteously, we are lying.
    If we live righteously, we can rely on the blood of Jesus to cleanse us from all sin.
    If we claim we are OSAS and that means our wicked actions is not technically sin, we are only deceiving ourselves.
    If we understand that our wicked actions are sin and confess them, He will forgive us and clean us.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks
    Thanked 13,393 Times in 10,254 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post

Romans 11:19-21
    19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
    20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
    21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

The scriptures talk about covenants and stewardship. I am in the New Covenant. There is no such thing as the old stewardship in the scriptures.

The whole OSAS confusion over who was actually "saved" and who wasn't actually "saved".
    On the one hand, you have a person being able to commit murders with impunity because he was already "saved".
    On the other hand, you have a person that was not actually "saved" because he is committing murders.

The parable of the Prodigal Son is about how God reacts to a sinner that repents and approaches Him humbly asking for forgiveness.
    God is willing to forgive those who confess their sins and ask for forgiveness.

John talked about the same thing.

1 John 1:6-10
    6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
    7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
    8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we claim we are OSAS, and refuse to live righteously, we are lying.
    If we live righteously, we can rely on the blood of Jesus to cleanse us from all sin.
    If we claim we are OSAS and that means our wicked actions is not technically sin, we are only deceiving ourselves.
    If we understand that our wicked actions are sin and confess them, He will forgive us and clean us.
    You fail to understand Paul.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (April 11th, 2016),LoneStar (April 10th, 2016),Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

Thread Information