User Tag List

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Glory Land View Post
    You are lost still you're Saved, almost Saved don't count sorry.
    I think you are right. I think we won't know who is all saved and who is only mostly saved until Judgment Day.
    Miracle Max?

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Timotheos View Post
    I think you are right. I think we won't know who is all saved and who is only mostly saved until Judgment Day.
    Miracle Max?

True, and we can not go by looks, or church attendants.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,912 Times in 8,807 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 10th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they change their mind about wanting to be with God in heaven?

The theory looks good on paper, but Christ will never reject you.

There are those out there that attend church and become instructed inthe way of Christianity. They become 'enlightened' and 'tasted' the gift as Hebrew 6:4-6 says.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
    5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
    6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

They had a taste but they were not transformed by the experience. These are non-committal believers--and the churches are full of them. They have even made a profession of faith, but did not experience genuine saving faith.

In my own life I was transformed. I am the atheist that never will happen because of my life experiences as a believer. I see the world through the eyes of a Christian because of this transformation. It isn't just a taste--it's complete submersion. It is a change that cannot be reversed.

John 5:24 -Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

Tambora (October 12th, 2017)

Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,011 Times in 9,143 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they change their mind about wanting to be with God in heaven?
    Salvation is to recognise God as Father. Rejecting your salvation would be like denying you have a father.

That said, I doubt that someone determined to not be with their Father would be forced by God to be so.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 47,429 Times in 29,249 Posts

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you are granted eternal life, then you cannot lose it; because if you could, it was never eternal to begin with.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So would it also be possible to be spiritually lost, spiritually found, and then spiritually lose my way again?
    No. See Romans 11:16-24

16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
    17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
    18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
    19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. 20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
    21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
    22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
    23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
    24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?
    So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Salvation is to recognise God as Father. Rejecting your salvation would be like denying you have a father.
    I agree.
    So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,217 Times in 4,979 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No, Not at all; you cannot be saved then lose it. God knows who is worthy of salvation, it is just that simple.
    So, what?

believe it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

Tambora (October 12th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 10th, 2013 05:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
    If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
    they can change their mind all they want.

They still have the gift of salvation/eternal life/righteousness/holy spirit.

Eternal life is eternal.

Meeting the conditions for receiving salvation, Romans 10:9-10, are not fickle or shallow requirements

It took thought and a deliberate decision to do that

A decision which God honors for eternity

oatmeal
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes:

Quote Originally Posted by zippy2006 View Post
    OSAS? Where to start? Reading your Bible will cure OSAS.

Mt 7:21
    “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Mt 19:17
    So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

Mt 24:13
    But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Luke 8:13
    But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away.

Phil 2:12
    Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Phil 3:12-14
    Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

1 Cor 4:3-5
    But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God.

1 Cor 9:27
    But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

1 Cor 10:12-13
    Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.

1 Cor 11:32
    But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.

1 Cor 15:2
    by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

Heb 4:1
    Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.

Heb 4:11
    Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.

Heb 6:4-6
    For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Heb 10:26-27
    For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

Rom 11:17-24
    And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.
    You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

Ezekiel 18:21-22, 24
    But when a righteous man turns away from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and does according to all the abominations that the wicked man does, shall he live? All the righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; because of the unfaithfulness of which he is guilty and the sin which he has committed, because of them he shall die.

Rev 22:14
    Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

Rev 22:19
    and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

1 Timothy 3:6
    not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil.

2 Timothy 2:12
    If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.

2 Peter 2:20-21
    For if, after they have escaped the pollution of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them.

Galatians 5:19-21
    Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 John

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it is probably possible to lose out on eternal life by rejecting God before the end.
    Last edited by Wile E. Coyote; May 10th, 2013 at 01:47 PM.
    "The Bible is very clear, Christians aren't supposed to be busybodies, nor are they supposed to strive with any man who hasn't harmed him (Or someone else, by implication.)" RandPaulfor2016, May 10, 2013

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...73#post3450273

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    Amen Pat, I have no reps to sed at the mo.

We are made one spirit with the Lord, that is what happens when we is saved, so if the Lord can be damned at the last, how unthinkable this is, then so could we.
    Great post

Thanks
    Thanked 4,917 Times in 2,854 Posts

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The simple answer No. We are eternally secure in Christ. As said earlier, How do you become unsaved?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    The simple answer No. We are eternally secure in Christ. As said earlier, How do you become unsaved?
    Amen brother!
    "The Bible is very clear, Christians aren't supposed to be busybodies, nor are they supposed to strive with any man who hasn't harmed him (Or someone else, by implication.)" RandPaulfor2016, May 10, 2013

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...73#post3450273

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GOD would never contradict HIS own SELF. Be the type of god who would go about SAVING people already knowing that they shall lose their salvation. And then...if GOD were that type of god. That when HE who is supposedly suppose to be one's savior. As their SAVIOUR" Just watch them drown in their own perdition when time came that they should fall away. That 'type" of god would be the very devil of hell.
    Of course Salvation is both ETERNAL AND SECURE FOREVER.

Thread Information