User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: In your opinion what are some of the most convincing pieces of evidenc

Over 1500 post club Silent Hunter's Avatar
    Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    The odds of the order we have coming into existence by happenstance are so astronomical I am dumbfounded anyone truly believes it;
    Since we ARE here the odds, by definition, MUST BE 1:1 . . . .
    "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySmiley View Post
    I'll have to join Silent Hunter with a drink.
    "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    In your opinion what are some of the most convincing peices of evidence that God exists?

I don't believe in the empirical approach, so I'd say the only convincing evidence for any adherent is found in the experience of God. Before that it's either a gamble or utility or both.

Yeh I'm a big fan of Heb 11:1, and I do agree some people employ Pascal's Wager even though not knowingly.

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
    Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15 (NIV)
    For this very reason, make every effort by your faith to produce virtue, by virtue knowledge, 6 by knowledge self-control, by self-control steadfastness, by steadfastness godliness, 7 by godliness brotherly affection, and by brotherly affection love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will make you effective and productive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NIV)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Hunter View Post

I guess you know nothing about odds then.

Not surprisingly, a huge number of scientists have tried to calculate the probability of life arising by a chemical accident. The results of their calculations reveal the enormity of the dilemma faced by evolutionists. In the 1970’s British astronomer Sir Frederick Hoyle, an evolutionist, set out to calculate the mathematical probability of the spontaneous origin of life from a primordial soup environment.
    Applying the laws of chemistry, mathematical probability and thermodynamics, he calculated the odds of the spontaneous generation of the simplest known free-living life form on earth - a bacterium. He determined that the probability of such an event is one chance in ten to the 40 thousandth power. Hoyle stated: “the likelihood of the formation of life from inanimate matter is one to a number with 40 thousand zeros after it. It is enough to bury Darwin and the whole theory of evolution, he said.
    Mathematicians tell us if an event has a probability which is less likely than one chance in 10 to just the 50th power, then that event is mathematically impossible. Again we’re talking about one chance in ten to the 40 thousandth power. Prior to his project, Hoyle was a believer in the spontaneous generation of life. This project, however, changed his opinion 180 degrees. Now look around you at the abundance of life you see. How impossible is it that all of what you observed just accidentally formed. If you’re honest with yourself, you must admit the odds of it being accidental are impossible. The only other option is that it was created by God.
    ~Carl Ramsey~

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
    Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15 (NIV)
    For this very reason, make every effort by your faith to produce virtue, by virtue knowledge, 6 by knowledge self-control, by self-control steadfastness, by steadfastness godliness, 7 by godliness brotherly affection, and by brotherly affection love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will make you effective and productive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NIV)

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StanJ53 View Post
    I guess you know nothing about odds then.

Not surprisingly, a huge number of scientists have tried to calculate the probability of life arising by a chemical accident. The results of their calculations reveal the enormity of the dilemma faced by evolutionists. In the 1970’s British astronomer Sir Frederick Hoyle, an evolutionist, set out to calculate the mathematical probability of the spontaneous origin of life from a primordial soup environment.
    Applying the laws of chemistry, mathematical probability and thermodynamics, he calculated the odds of the spontaneous generation of the simplest known free-living life form on earth - a bacterium. He determined that the probability of such an event is one chance in ten to the 40 thousandth power. Hoyle stated: “the likelihood of the formation of life from inanimate matter is one to a number with 40 thousand zeros after it. It is enough to bury Darwin and the whole theory of evolution, he said.
    Mathematicians tell us if an event has a probability which is less likely than one chance in 10 to just the 50th power, then that event is mathematically impossible. Again we’re talking about one chance in ten to the 40 thousandth power. Prior to his project, Hoyle was a believer in the spontaneous generation of life. This project, however, changed his opinion 180 degrees. Now look around you at the abundance of life you see. How impossible is it that all of what you observed just accidentally formed. If you’re honest with yourself, you must admit the odds of it being accidental are impossible. The only other option is that it was created by God.
    ~Carl Ramsey~
    Life exists, therefore, it follows that the odds of life arising by chance HAS TO BE 1:1 . . . QED.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Life exists, therefore, it follows that the odds of life arising by chance HAS TO BE 1:1 . . . QED.

Guess you didn't quite get the OP did you?

Life exists because God exists. If you want to play word games go to the humor forum.

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess you didn't quite get the OP did you?

Life exists because God exists.
    Prove it.

If you want to play word games go to the humor forum.
    Word game, eh?

. . . from the OP . . . "In your opinion what are some of the most convincing pieces of evidence that God exists?"

Your response should be . . . "Life exists. I believe that this is convincing evidence that my particular version of deity exists."

But, then again, you're not that sharp . . .

Last edited by Silent Hunter; May 13th, 2013 at 11:29 AM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prove it.

Disprove it!

Word game, eh?

. . . from the OP . . . "In your opinion what are some of the most convincing pieces of evidence that God exists?"

Your response should be . . . "Life exists. I believe that this is convincing evidence that my particular version of deity exists."

But, then again, you're not that sharp . . .

Glad you can read, I said LIFE, you added the editorial comment bozo.
    The OP is about why God exists, NOT why you exist, or why life like you exists.
    If you have something tangible to contribute, by all means do so. All this buzzing around just means sooner or later you'll get smacked down.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuySmiley View Post
    See Vaquero's post #59, thanks Vaquero.

It will convince someone, just not everyone . . . sadly . . . I'll have to join Silent Hunter with a drink.
    I edited out the link to the huge debate in #59 and added this link instead, (also by Hilston ) it's a great answer for Dena also, and much easier to read.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...&postcount=118
    Marge: "Aren't you going to give him the last rites?"
    Rev. Lovejoy: "That's Catholic, Marge - you might as well ask me to do a voodoo dance."

"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he chambered the next round.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disprove it!
    You're the one with the burden of proof, not me.

Glad you can read, I said LIFE, you added the editorial comment bozo.
    . . . because it is your argument . . .

The OP is about why God exists, NOT why you exist, or why life like you exists.
    No . . . the OP is about ARGUMENTS as to why your version of deity exists. That life exists is a pretty good one . . . though not a great one.
    If you have something tangible to contribute, by all means do so. All this buzzing around just means sooner or later you'll get smacked down.
    "Smacked down?" By you? .

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're the one with the burden of proof, not me.

No . . . the OP is about ARGUMENTS as to why your version of deity exists. That life exists is a pretty good one . . . though not a great one.
    "Smacked down?" By you? .

Maybe you didn't notice this is a Christian site. You come on here at the owner's leisure. We already KNOW God exists. Here it is a fact.

No, the OP is; In your opinion what are some of the most convincing pieces of evidence that God exists?
    Nothing about a version of a deity. God is God, there is NO other.
    As usual people of your ilk like to equivocate and play word games.
    It could be me or any other Christian on this site. You're not what I would call a challenge, serious or otherwise.
    Just another clown.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,399 Times in 10,258 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The odds that life exists are 1:1; the odds of life coming into existence by happenstance are quite the opposite.

But don't be disappointed, I didn't expect you to be any smarter than you are.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lighthouse For Your Post:

Tambora (November 29th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you didn't notice this is a Christian site. You come on here at the owner's leisure. We already KNOW God exists. Here it is a fact.
    So, you're a gnostic christian . . . good for you . . . .

No, the OP is; In your opinion what are some of the most convincing pieces of evidence that God exists?
    Yeah, I quoted that one too . . . you bolded it and I didn't . . . as if that made a difference . . . .

Nothing about a version of a deity. God is God, there is NO other.
    There are other deities in your version of the christian religion . . . three in fact . . . many would say that that is . . . .

As usual people of your ilk like to equivocate and play word games.
    . . . and you seem to think that by bullying others you'll get your way . . . .

It could be me or any other Christian on this site.
    Maybe it is you . . . .

You're not what I would call a challenge, serious or otherwise.
    You're not worth my time . . . .

Just another clown.
    StanJ53 . . . just another .
    Last edited by Silent Hunter; May 14th, 2013 at 05:44 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,755 Times in 11,887 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Because He makes Himself known in everything.

Romans 1:19-20

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, you're a gnostic christian . . . good for you . . . .

Yeah, I quoted that one too . . . you bolded it and I didn't . . . as if that made a difference . . . .

There are other deities in your version of the christian religion . . . three in fact . . . many would say that that is . . . .

. . . and you seem to think that by bullying others you'll get your way . . . .

Maybe it is you . . . .

You're not worth my time . . . .

StanJ53 . . . just another .

and you just another fool relegated to my ignore list as you really have shown you have NOTHING of importance or even relevance to say.

Thread Information