User Tag List

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 390

Thread: toldailytopic: Who do you think would make a good TOL moderator?

  1. #31
    Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    13,260
    Thanks
    21,176
    Thanked 4,777 Times in 2,739 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147759
    Another person I would like to add to my list is LMOHM due to his kindness and character.

  2. #32
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,724
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked 1,095 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    309187
    I'll do it.
    I have the credibility with a large slice of the population.
    I disagree with every one on something so I have no cohort to defend.
    I think I may stand a chance of reaching across some of the aisles that have formed.
    AND I have a magnificent beard.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  3. #33
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,141
    Thanks
    542
    Thanked 13,013 Times in 9,144 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147853
    Quote Originally Posted by serpentdove View Post
    Perfect for kicking ...
    I'll take you on, right here, right now.

    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

  5. #34
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,141
    Thanks
    542
    Thanked 13,013 Times in 9,144 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147853
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    I'll do it.
    I have the credibility with a large slice of the population.
    I disagree with every one on something so I have no cohort to defend.
    I think I may stand a chance of reaching across some of the aisles that have formed.
    AND I have a magnificent beard.
    Why are you still an atheist?
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

  7. #35
    TOL Legend annabenedetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    13,574
    Thanks
    7,798
    Thanked 9,811 Times in 5,486 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147748
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    It was *who* would make a good moderator.

    Rusha, you'd make a great moderator. You keep your cool in the face of adversity, you're fair, and you've got a tremendous amount of common sense.

  8. #36
    Titan of the Wasatch Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    13,515
    Thanks
    2,674
    Thanked 12,912 Times in 8,807 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)




    Rep Power
    2147725

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
    A chastened Ma Kett
    Thank you for the vote of confidence--but I think Knight is looking for a replacement.

    Given the vision of the board, replacements Knight might consider:

    Stripe
    Vaquero45
    chatmaggot
    chickenman
    rocketman
    I even think that lovemeorhateme has a chance.

  9. #37
    Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    13,260
    Thanks
    21,176
    Thanked 4,777 Times in 2,739 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147759
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Nope.
    Yep ...

    He would only need to enforce the rules as he saw best.
    You are entitled to your wrong opinion. A moderator needs to set an example. IF he is incapable of doing so, he shouldn't be a mod.

    Who is he?
    A Conservative Christian.

    You think "fair" is more important than right.
    The two traits walk hand in hand. IF you are incapable of putting your own disdain for another person aside, you have no business being a moderator.

    No atheist is qualified for any leadership role.
    Your incorrect opinion has been noted.

    They all, to a man, disqualify themselves with their rejection of proper authority.
    On TOL, the authority IS Knight. The Christian members have to trust his judgment to be that of God's. The non Christians need to respect him as the main authority figure on TOL.

  10. #38
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,724
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked 1,095 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    309187
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Why are you still an atheist?
    Because I'm honest and I don't believe in a God.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  11. #39
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,141
    Thanks
    542
    Thanked 13,013 Times in 9,144 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147853
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Because I'm honest and I don't believe in a God.


    Yeah, we know. You don't believe in God. I asked you why you don't believe in God.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

  13. #40
    Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    13,260
    Thanks
    21,176
    Thanked 4,777 Times in 2,739 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147759
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post


    Yeah, we know. You don't believe in God. I asked you why you don't believe in God.
    Which isn't the topic of this thread ...

    There are Christians on here who would be great moderators in Atheist Forums.

  14. #41
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,724
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked 1,095 Times in 749 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    309187
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
    Thank you for the vote of confidence--but I think Knight is looking for a replacement.

    Given the vision of the board, replacements Knight might consider:

    Stripe
    Vaquero45
    chatmaggot
    chickenman
    rocketman
    I even think that lovemeorhateme has a chance.
    Vaquero45 is a steady hand.
    Him and Granite seem to have some deep seated feud going however.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  15. #42
    Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    13,260
    Thanks
    21,176
    Thanked 4,777 Times in 2,739 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147759
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzl Kett View Post
    Thank you for the vote of confidence--but I think Knight is looking for a replacement.

    Given the vision of the board, replacements Knight might consider:

    Stripe
    Vaquero45
    chatmaggot
    chickenman
    rocketman
    I even think that lovemeorhateme has a chance.
    I forgot about Chickenman. I think he would do a decent job.

  16. #43
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    19,141
    Thanks
    542
    Thanked 13,013 Times in 9,144 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147853
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Which isn't the topic of this thread ...
    That's nice.

    There are Christians on here who would be great moderators in Atheist Forums.
    Atheists are idiots, we know.

    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Vaquero45 is a steady hand.
    Him and Granite seem to have some deep seated feud going however.
    I think disliking Granite is a prerequisite for promotion on TOL.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (April 10th, 2016)

  18. #44
    Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    13,260
    Thanks
    21,176
    Thanked 4,777 Times in 2,739 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147759
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Atheists are idiots, we know.
    I think disliking Granite is a prerequisite for promotion on TOL.
    This is exactly why you would make a horrible moderator. Maturity is not one your attributes.

  19. #45
    Over 1000 post club Buzzword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,284
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 164 Times in 133 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    116877
    Whoever gets picked, it needs to be someone who will consistently move the religion threads which keep popping up in Politics to their correct place in the Forum.
    “In many ways the evidence of our faith is found in our ability to control our tongue (or our keyboard)."
    -Adam Hamilton

    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us