Nineveh's PotD 10-22-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Love is telling an alcoholic they're an alcoholic. Love is not enabling. Love is being a severe pain in the butt and beating your neighbor over the head with the truth until they either embrace their self-destruction so desperately that it kills them or they finally realize it's self-destructive.
Love is being there to support them when they do realize it and helping them be rid of it. Love is standing at your neighbors grave and hating that they destroyed themselves and wishing you'd pushed harder.
Love is a lot of thing, only half of which I see you attributing to it.
Love isn't all fluffy rainbows and it's the greatest thing we have to give.

And...

Okay, why? Why is this necessary if they don't repent? By your interpretation our very salvation depends on it. Seems pretty important.
Frankly, it sounds like a law to me. Anything other than faith that is required for salvation is a law. A work. A work of the flesh. Even faith isn't something that I do.
Thanks, but I'll stick to what I've been given. I've already seen that I'm terrible at keeping the law. That's pretty well established. And I can see just about everyone in the bible was pretty bad at it, too. Didn't do them a lick of good either.
The law, as given by God, is perfect. We're not. The two don't fit. That's kinda the whole point, innit?

Mary hit the nail on the head in two different threads and I'm not able to rep her! :madmad: :D :) Great posts MC! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.