User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: The HUGE rush to buy guns and ammo, what's motivating it?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    I guess his effeminate demeanor, like yours, threw me off.

Is TomO playing pseudo intellectual here and trying to impress both sides of the debate?
    You waste no time with the insults in your attempt to set the stage for TomO's return, do you? You are indeed very predictable.

I'll wait for TomO to return and explain his post.
    TomO will return and he may even take some time with a further explanation of his opinion but it would be 1. a waste of breath and 2. give you the opportunity to derail this thread and turn it into another of your pet rants (on Homosexuals or anti-Obama agenda).

And if any one is playing pseudo intellectual here, that award would be given to you!
    Last edited by lightbringer; April 28th, 2013 at 02:56 PM.
    Do not go gentile into that good night. D.Thomas

Out, Out, Brief Candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more, It is a tale told by an idiot, Full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing. W.S.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mulla Sadra View Post
    Where do you as Australian stand ?
    Well, I dunno.....................................

What is the "alliance" ?
    Alliance...Agreement To Dump Osama at the bottom of the sea.
    Apares as a Fast Trade off... mutual benefit, OFTEN between countries or organizations.
    eg. You remove Guns away from your Nations homes, an we will Take the responsibility as the terrorist.

do you mean, dose Australa Let you come for Workshops to?
    Last edited by Charity; April 28th, 2013 at 06:37 AM.
    Just tell me what you want me to criticize! I want you to be happy<.

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Righteous Americans believe in our Creator endowed inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

oatmeal
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    I guess his effeminate demeanor, like yours, threw me off.
    Effeminate? I have to admit that's the first time I have been characterized quite like that.

....Although I am a very pretty man; I admit.

Why not just come out and admit that it's Obama's anti gun policies that have American's concerned? Is TomO playing pseudo intellectual here and trying to impress both sides of the debate?

I'll wait for TomO to return and explain his post.
    Actually, I kinda thought that the fact that Obama's prior statement regarding gun ownership and his disdain for the Second Ammendment went without saying. Prior to his re-election I was one of those pointing this out whenever Obama's more current statements to the effect of "I'm not after your guns". were raised. People like me who have been paying attention and been on the front lines in the battle against "Gun Control" were waiting for his current policies to spring up once he did not have to worry about re-election.

My point was that the current buying frenzy was irrational in that gun control (like many things) is an incremental constitutional infringement. The immediate concern regarding weapons bans has been double column magazine bans and bans on the weapons that look "scary". To clean the shelves of single stack mag weapons is irrational at this time as they are in no current danger of being banned. If the sheep get their way now though they will be up for banning soon enough. Revolvers and single shot rifles will be the last to go.
    Ammo hoarding has become kind of a common occurance whenever people get nervous. This time it's different because the DHS is contributing to it; for whatever reason.

I think that covers it..I trust my explaination was not too "pseudo-itellectual" for you to understand?
    Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
    ~Leonard Cohen

If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.
    ~Dalai Lama XIV

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
    You waist no time with the insults in your attempt to set the stage for TomO's return, do you? You are indeed very predictable.
    Well...I understand his reaction; Barbarian complimented me. This would of course make me a "target" in his sad little world. My post was totally self-explanatory but that's not what this is about. I'm sure you have seen the mind set I'm referring to here...I imagine it has a name but I don't know what it is. Countless children in schoolyards have seen it as well, demonstrated by their insecure little friends, who did not recieve enough affirming love from Daddy:

TomO will return and he may even take some time with a further explanation of his opinion but it would be 1. a waist of breath and 2. give you the opportunity to derail this thread and turn it into another of your pet rants (on Homosexuals or anti-Obama agenda).
    I'm sure that will happen regardless.
    Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
    ~Leonard Cohen

If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.
    ~Dalai Lama XIV

Thanks
    Thanked 7,272 Times in 5,010 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The constitutional amendment may be argued two ways. The Court backed as president in the Washington DC case in favor of individual ownership.

Obama cannot make any Court rulings, he may appoint/ recommend, but cannot force, or we would have had Bork, you see; soon he will be history, good riddance!
    So, what?

believe it!

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lightbringer better put a belt around that waist of his

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    lightbringer better put a belt around that waist of his
    OK, OK, ya caught me!

Waste
    Do not go gentile into that good night. D.Thomas

Out, Out, Brief Candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, That struts and frets his hour upon the stage, And then is heard no more, It is a tale told by an idiot, Full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing. W.S.

Trainee
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The HUGE rush to buy guns and ammo, what's motivating it? Fear.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,755 Times in 11,887 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChoG View Post
    The HUGE rush to buy guns and ammo, what's motivating it? Fear.
    Luke 21:26

26 mens hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Luke 21:26

26 mens hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
    Who's Luke?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,967 Times in 6,976 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    Who's Luke?
    A physician that was a companion of Saul of Tarsus, called Paul in Greek, and the most detailed writer of the NT.

None of the gospels mention the destruction of the Jewish temple in 70 A.D. This is significant because Jesus had prophesied concerning the temple when He said "As for these things which you are looking at, the days will come in which there will not be left one stone upon another which will not be torn down," (Luke 21:5, see also Matt. 24:1; Mark 13:1). This prophecy was fulfilled in 70 A.D. when the Romans sacked Jerusalem and burned the temple. The gold in the temple melted down between the stone walls and the Romans took the walls apart, stone by stone, to get the gold. Such an obvious fulfillment of Jesus' prophecy most likely would have been recorded as such by the gospel writers who were fond of mentioning fulfillment of prophecy if they had been written after 70 A.D. Also, if the gospels were fabrications of mythical events then anything to bolster the Messianic claims -- such as the destruction of the temple as Jesus said -- would surely have been included. But, it was not included suggesting that the gospels (at least Matthew, Mark, and Luke) were written before 70 A.D.
    Similarly, this argument is important when we consider the dating of the book of Acts which was written after the gospel of Luke by Luke himself. Acts is a history of the Christian church right after Jesus' ascension. Acts also fails to mention the incredibly significant events of 70 A.D. which would have been extremely relevant and prophetically important and garnered inclusion into Acts had it occurred before Acts was written. Remember, Acts is a book of history concerning the Christians and the Jews. The fact that the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple is not recorded is very strong evidence that Acts was written before A.D. 70. If we add to this the fact that acts does not include the accounts of "Nero's persecution of the Christians in A.D. 64 or the deaths of James (A.D. 62), Paul (A.D. 64), and Peter (A.D. 65),"1 and we have further evidence that it was written early
    If we look at Acts 1:1-2 it says, "The first account I composed, Theophilus, about all that Jesus began to do and teach, 2 until the day when He was taken up, after He had by the Holy Spirit given orders to the apostles whom He had chosen." Most scholars affirm that Acts was written by Luke and that Theophilus (Grk. "lover of God") "may have been Luke’s patron who financed the writing of Luke and Acts."2 This means that the gospel of Luke was written before Acts.

•"At the earliest, Acts cannot have been written prior to the latest firm chronological marker recorded in the book—Festus’s appointment as procurator (24:27), which, on the basis of independent sources, appears to have occurred between A.D. 55 and 59."3
    •"It is increasingly admitted that the Logia [Q] was very early, before 50 A.D., and Mark likewise if Luke wrote the Acts while Paul was still alive. Luke's Gospel comes (Acts 1:1) before the Acts. The date of Acts is still in dispute, but the early date (about A.D. 63) is gaining support constantly."4
    The letters are footnotes. It is some known detail about Luke, and when he could have written Acts. He was obviously killed as it isn't finished and just stops.

30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,

31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Luke sat with one of jesus's apostles, an wrote his eye witness report?
    An then his name to the book, an disregarded the source of information to no name?

I'm off topic. An know how frustrating that can be nick. Been reading off topic posts to often! Till I ended up replying one! Silly to, so Take it somewhere else an lets respect others forums

Trainee
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mankind, at its core has only two states of being: Fear or Love.
    They are the antithesis of each other.
    Love is of God.
    Fear is the basis of all unloving acts.
    Fear of loss.
    Fear of not having enough money or possessions.
    Fear of the different.
    Fear of the 'other'.
    Fear of everything is the natural human propensity.
    Fear is that which humanity must overcome to be worthy of the Father....

The HUGE rush to buy guns and ammo, what's motivating it?

Obvious.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChoG View Post
    Mankind, at its core has only two states of being: Fear or Love.
    They are the antithesis of each other.
    Love is of God.
    Fear is the basis of all unloving acts.
    Fear of loss.
    Fear of not having enough money or possessions.
    Fear of the different.
    Fear of the 'other'.
    Fear of everything is the natural human propensity.
    Fear is that which humanity must overcome to be worthy of the Father....

The HUGE rush to buy guns and ammo, what's motivating it?

Obvious.
    I think it's lack of communication between government society!
    Half the time government enjoys the fact that people over react, fits on with their next part of the plan to bully laws into place!
    People can't handle the torment of kept blind to whats happening!
    It's perfectly normal for people are reacting this way, they have the right to be consumed with fear while a code of authority is the beast driven by a few men

Thread Information