User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: toldailytopic: The HUGE rush to buy guns and ammo, what's motivating it?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    I have read the story about them buying large amounts of ammo. But I wonder if much of it isn't normal. I don't know how many LEs are actually in the department that carry and have to qualify.

Take the Army as an example. During peace time, they might shrink down to only 400,000 active duty personnel. Every one of them has to qualify twice a year. That is a minimum of 49 rounds every 6 months for each soldier. That is just qualifying. And then there is the infantry which is always training, and shoots much more often than just quals. Do the math on just qualifying. If you didn't, that is almost 20 million bullets on just the M16/M4, and no extra training. And it doesn't include the reserve and guard which also have to qualify.
    Nah....It's true that the combined agencies of the DHS use bunches of ammo but it's pretty clear that they are hoarding. Current estimates have them not only buying in excess but (at present numbers) carrying a 2 year stockpile at excess. Hearings were just held recently in fact (They received almost no coverage I'm sure due to the prevalence of tin-foil-hats surrounding it.)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...r-person-than/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...inability-act/

In fact legislation is pending. I wouldn't be surprised if this wound up in some gun legislation "compromise" in the near future.

The tipping point with me regarding DHS buying "too much" was when the reports of police agencies running low began popping up. You see, in the factory ammo world there is a hierarchy of purchasing power. DOD gets first dibs along with DHS/Civilian Federal Agencies, next comes state and local police agencies, after that retail orders and finally wholesaler and private orders.
    Cops don't just run down to Wal-Mart when they run low on ammo they buy direct from the manufacturer. If they are having a hard time getting orders filled like everyone else that means that someone upstream of them is getting it first.

Guess who.

The lack of warehoused manufacturers stockpiles of course could have something to do with that but manufacturers are running at full bore right now according to every account so I'm having a hard time believing that the kind of delays that the police are seeing is due to this. You have to remember this is not the first time this has happened. We had ammo shortages right before Obama took office due to the hoarding then. Even then though the cops never had problems getting their orders filled before.
    Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
    ~Leonard Cohen

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ~Dalai Lama XIV

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 26th, 2013 10:29 AM

toldailytopic: The HUGE rush to buy guns and ammo, what's motivating it?
    because we don't want to be caught with our pants down when the economy and government at large makes it's final collapse.

when all the stores are looted, the utilities and fresh water depleted those with enough ammo will be in a better position to acquire resources from the wild.

also, it's easier to protect those resources you have gained honestly when you are equally as armed as criminals.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not exactly like guns but it is part of our freedom and rights as humans in this world. You cannot keep guns away from the terrorists who exist in all the countries. Guns do save more lives than it ends. It saves more lives than doctors and hospitals combined. So many people die from cancer. Doctors are killing people through Chemo-Radiation. The USA are taking guns from people. That is happening. The Boston Bombing was staged as was 9/11. The USA is falling apart. I do not live in the USA.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,225 Times in 4,982 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    racists

gotta be racists

after all, there's an african in the white house
    That is a stupid thing to say.
    So, what?

believe it!

LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,274 Times in 1,100 Posts

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
    Excellent point satanist. Just because every totalitarian regime has disarmed it's populace,

Quote Originally Posted by This Charming Manc View Post
    They did and haven't, however don't let truth, get in the way of good prejudice or hollow argument.

You really should read some of the propaganda that you put out TCM:

Under both the 1928 and 1938 acts, gun manufacturers and dealers were required to maintain records with information about who purchased guns and the guns' serial numbers. These records were to be delivered to a police authority for inspection at the end of each year.

On November 11, 1938, the Minister of the Interior, Wilhelm Frick, promulgated Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons. This regulation effectively deprived all Jews living in those locations of the right to possess firearms or other weapons.[6][7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Germany

From a more reliable source:

"Until 1943-44, the German government published its laws and regulations in the 'Reichsgesetzblatt,' roughly the equivalent of the U.S. Federal Register. Carefully shelved by law librarians, the 1938 issues of this German government publication had gathered a lot of dust. In the 'Reichsgesetzblatt' issue for the week of March 21, 1938, was the official text of the Weapons Law (March 18, 1938). It gave Hitler's Nazi party a stranglehold on the Germans, many of whom did not support the Nazis. We found that the Nazis did not invent "gun control" in Germany. The Nazis inherited gun control and then perfected it: they invented handgun control.

The Nazi Weapons Law of 1938 replaced a Law on Firearms and Ammunition of April 13, 1928. The 1928 law was enacted by a center-right, freely elected German government that wanted to curb "gang activity," violent street fights between Nazi party and Communist party thugs. All firearm owners and their firearms had to be registered. Sound familiar? "Gun control" did not save democracy in Germany. It helped to make sure that the toughest criminals, the Nazis, prevailed.

The Nazis inherited lists of firearm owners and their firearms when they 'lawfully' took over in March 1933. The Nazis used these inherited registration lists to seize privately held firearms from persons who were not "reliable." Knowing exactly who owned which firearms, the Nazis had only to revoke the annual ownership permits or decline to renew them.

In 1938, five years after taking power, the Nazis enhanced the 1928 law. The Nazi Weapons Law introduced handgun control. Firearms ownership was restricted to Nazi party members and other "reliable" people.

The 1938 Nazi law barred Jews from businesses involving firearms. On November 10. 1938 -- one day after the Nazi party terror squads (the SS) savaged thousands of Jews, synagogues and Jewish businesses throughout Germany -- new regulations under the Weapons Law specifically barred Jews from owning any weapons, even clubs or knives..."
    http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/GCA_68.htm

Don't get me wrong TCM, your great savior B. Hussein Obama won't disarm the entire American population...

Rosie O'Donnell's bodyguard will still be able to carry.
    http://www.wnd.com/2000/05/1999/
    The very long history of Donald Trump's pro homosexual and transgender activism, before and during his Presidency, can be found on page 141, post # 2113 and #2114.
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336963
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5336964

Thanks
    Thanked 7,225 Times in 4,982 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Truth be known, one good handgun is all you need for self-defense, some practice, yes and a round or two, is needed, which will be very sad, to kill is very sad, but to be hurt, raped and murdered because you have not one, seems the worse to me. Handguns I like: 45 ACP, 357, 40 S&W and the Bren 10, if they kept in at high production. The 44 (41) magnum, if you have one revolver, self-defense and hunting?

Hunting, around here, a 308 and necked down versions will take most game and a 30-30 is nice. Even out west, most than a 300 Magnum is usually unnecessary.

For foul a good 12 gauge shotgun is fine, I like Remington Wingmaster 870, or if you like auto, model 1100, or the new one, better are the browning shotguns.

So, let's see, one shotgun, two rifles, good handgun and a 22 for small game and plinking around.

One can very well practice with a 22, shoot enough practice rounds in you rifle and shotgun and be proficient with a handgun and it will not cost you much, even today!

You will get by fine with a total of five guns.

There are those, I have one neughbour who shoots 7.62x39 over 100 rounds several days a week, but that is his liking, I believe, not him preparing for a war.

We make too big a deal about this!

Just remember I seen trained police not get over killing a person, as this variation varies greatly, killing someone; you never know for sure how it might affect you. Yes, taking big game gives some measure, but it is hard to know how much correlation there is between shooting an animal and killing a human.
    So, what?

believe it!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because of soon Aliens attack.
    Lasers are needed for this one.

Over 1500 post club This Charming Manc's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can read, and a read beyond pulling one or two quotes out of content and distorting the meaning of the whole text which seems to be your capability.

Broadly speaking

• The 1928 gun act was pre Nazi, and cant be associated with Nazi party like seem to imply.
    [*]The Nazi 1938 act passed by the Nazi's broadley liberalised gun control, not an imposition of gun control which you usually claim.

However when presented with clear information to the contrary to your claims, you still seek to twist, distort and lie!

Your are a despicable liar.

Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post

You really should read some of the propaganda that you put out TCM:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I now know your an idiot.

I hope the irony slaps you in the face! LOL
    Trust those that seek the truth, but doubt those that say they have found it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    Truth be known, one good handgun is all you need for self-defense, some practice, yes and a round or two, is needed, which will be very sad, to kill is very sad, but to be hurt, raped and murdered because you have not one, seems the worse to me. Handguns I like: 45 ACP, 357, 40 S&W and the Bren 10, if they kept in at high production. The 44 (41) magnum, if you have one revolver, self-defense and hunting?

Hunting, around here, a 308 and necked down versions will take most game and a 30-30 is nice. Even out west, most than a 300 Magnum is usually unnecessary.

For foul a good 12 gauge shotgun is fine, I like Remington Wingmaster 870, or if you like auto, model 1100, or the new one, better are the browning shotguns.

So, let's see, one shotgun, two rifles, good handgun and a 22 for small game and plinking around.

One can very well practice with a 22, shoot enough practice rounds in you rifle and shotgun and be proficient with a handgun and it will not cost you much, even today!

You will get by fine with a total of five guns.

There are those, I have one neughbour who shoots 7.62x39 over 100 rounds several days a week, but that is his liking, I believe, not him preparing for a war.

We make too big a deal about this!

Just remember I seen trained police not get over killing a person, as this variation varies greatly, killing someone; you never know for sure how it might affect you. Yes, taking big game gives some measure, but it is hard to know how much correlation there is between shooting an animal and killing a human.
    I think this is a very reasonable and practical approach. If everyone felt this way, there'd be no need for gun regulation at all.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalOatmeal View Post
    It saves more lives than doctors and hospitals combined.

Doctors and Hospitals combined ?

Thanks

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can read, and a read beyond pulling one or two quotes out of content and distorting the meaning of the whole text which seems to be your capability.

Broadly speaking

• The 1928 gun act was pre Nazi, and cant be associated with Nazi party like seem to imply.
    [*]The Nazi 1938 act passed by the Nazi's broadley liberalised gun control, not an imposition of gun control which you usually claim.

However when presented with clear information to the contrary to your claims, you still seek to twist, distort and lie!

Your are a despicable liar.

Like so many of your comrades on the left, are you also a Jew hater TCM?

Are you one of those that deny the Holocaust happened?

If not, guess what would have saved millions of Jew's lives? (I'll give you a hint: it wasn't blowing kisses to the Nazi's and asking them "Why can't we all just get along?").

"..one good handgun, some practice, yes and a round or two,..." and those Nazi's would have been toast.
    Last edited by aCultureWarrior; April 27th, 2013 at 02:17 PM.
    The very long history of Donald Trump's pro homosexual and transgender activism, before and during his Presidency, can be found on page 141, post # 2113 and #2114.

Thanks

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulla Sadra View Post
    Because of soon Aliens attack.
    Lasers are needed for this one.
    Aside from liberal christians here on TOL, most of us don't take advice from 16 year olds that have been taken in by the religion of pieces.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're hoping in the light of any proposed restrictions on what can and can't be owned, that whatever they purchase ahead of such laws will be grandfathered in, like the those who can legally own full auto before they were banned in the 80's.

The sad thing is, if these new restrictions never pass, then all this hype, though helping certain dealers, has certainly hurt the pockets of the consumers with increased price gouging and will take a while for prices to resettle back to what's normative. The fear motivated consumerism is only empowering such dealers to continue to gouge, as long as there's demand and no one's protesting such outrageous prices, so really the consumer is to blame from not abstaining, though I can empathize if they fear such laws will pass. The key is too still be thrifty and search out the best prices.

They say to remember the dealer that didn't gouge, so when the dust settles, you then commit to supporting those who have been faithful to it's consumer base throughout the storm.

Crown Him, ye martyrs of your God, who from His altar call;
    Hail Him Who saves you by His grace, and crown Him Lord of all!
    Let every tribe and every tongue before Him prostrate fall;
    The God incarnate, Man divine, and crown Him Lord of all!
    "Apart from me you can do nothing."~Jesus

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Phil. 3:8 (ESV)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post

Like so many of your comrades on the left, are you also a Jew hater TCM?

Are you one of those that deny the Holocaust happened?

If not, guess what would have saved millions of Jew's lives? (I'll give you a hint: it wasn't blowing kisses to the Nazi's and asking them "Why can't we all just get along?").

"..one good handgun, some practice, yes and a round or two,..." and those Nazi's would have been toast.
    Please remember, everyone: This is coming from a Holocaust revisionist. aCW rewrites the history of The Holocaust as he sees fit, changing history to fit his own agenda.

However, he's accurate in referring to himself as "despicable me."
    "There was so much handwriting on the wall that even the wall fell down"

"In the long run of history, the censor and the inquisitor have always lost. The only sure weapon against bad ideas is better ideas. The source of better ideas is wisdom. The surest path to wisdom is a liberal education." – Alfred Whitney, Essays on Education

Don't you know
    That it ain't a crime
    If all the squares
    And the junkmen
    Think you're out of line

TH:

Thread Information