Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete said:
In response to the following...

Mercychild said:
Originally Posted by mercyschild

We are awaiting eternal life; we don't yet have it-who hopes for what he already has?

Righteousness is a gift; it is simply our 'right standing with God' because of what Christ has done; we continually work out our salvation through obedience to God's commands in the NT to love God, and love others as ourselves. So, in response to one of your previous comments, yes, in a sense, there are conditions in our working out our faith; we aren't doomed to eternal damnation, but we are to still strive to live out our faith through those two simple commands. With any relationship, our relationship with God is something we work at everyday of our lives.

You said this...

Sozo said:
I believe you are religious, mercyschild, but based on what you have just stated, there is no way that you are saved.

Now what I would like is for you to explain to me how "there is NO WAY" that she could be saved!

She said, "Righteousness is a gift; it is simply our 'right standing with God' because of what Christ has done,"

Is that not completely consistent with what you said?

She said, "we continually work out our salvation through obedience to God's commands in the NT to love God, and love others as ourselves. " and while I agree that she is surely confused in her application of this statement, the statement itself remains true or would you deny that we are to love our neighbor as well as love and obey God?

She continued by saying, "So, in response to one of your previous comments, yes, in a sense, there are conditions in our working out our faith; we aren't doomed to eternal damnation, but we are to still strive to live out our faith through those two simple commands." and I agree with you that the word "but" should not be in that sentence that doesn't change the fact that she's right; She will not be doomed to eternal salvation! Now, I'm not sure why she doesn't see that this automatically would mean that she does in fact currently possess eternal life but her confusion doesn't spell her doom any more than would your letting your flesh get the best of you.

And finally she ends with, "With any relationship, our relationship with God is something we work at everyday of our lives." And again, while I would agree that the sense in which she meant this is in error, it doesn't indicate that she is an unbeliever! What it does indicate is that she struggles with her flesh, probably more so than she thinks she ought to have to but again, her confusion doesn't condemn her any more than does yours! Are you really telling me that you understood before you were saved that one gains victory over the flesh by reckoning to be true the fact that we are identified in Christ? NOT EVEN THE APOSTLE PAUL UNDERSTOOD THAT WHEN HE GOT SAVED!

The simple fact is that kmoney is right, you complicate the gospel, although I don't really think that it is your intention to do so.

Salvation is simple. Believe that Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh and died to pay the penalty for your sin and call upon Him for the forgiveness of your sins and believe that God raised Him from the dead. That's it! If you believe that, you are saved - period. I don't care if you get every other point of doctrine completely wrong! If you believe that God died to pay the price for your sin debt and that God raised Him from the dead, YOU WILL BE SAVED. That's the gospel - the rest is window dressing (as important as that window dressing may be.)

Resting in Him,
Clete

Well said!

Context

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
**2nd Place**

Adambassador said:
Dominic said:
did you see the word Jew in my post?
Yes. See your post, quoted here, for reference
Jew hating said:
Did you know that during World War 2, the German army allowed concentration camp prisoners to receive care packages from their families. This is true.

The International Red Cross delivered more than 1,000,000 such care packages to inmates.

These goody parcels contained mostly food items, like ham, beef, bacon, cheese, chocolates, candy, tea, coffee, dried fruit and candy items. Magazines, combs, ( no razor) , shoe laces, clothing garments, hats and scarfs were also allowed to be sent.

Inmates were allowed to send and receive two letters per month.
Newspaper subscritins were also allowed.
Inmates were also paid for their labor.

See for yourself, just google," concentration camp care packages "
only 97two,00 hits.

:noway:
Yep, that's what it says alright!

Context

Sozo

Complete character assaination by Clete and Poly...

You both feel that you must misrepresent me, and what I said, to justify your pride-filled accusations.

I plainly highlighted the part that she stated that disqualifies anyone from being saved. She said...

We are awaiting eternal life; we don't yet have it

I responded by saying...

I believe you are religious, mercyschild, but based on what you have just stated, there is no way that you are saved.

Is that wrong? No, it's not! If she does not have eternal life...NOW, then she is not saved!

That is what the bible says, but you apparently feel it necessary to stroke your massive egos than to be honest about what someone says!

The bible clearly refutes her claim...

"And the witness is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.
He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life"
…1 John 5:12

"It is the Spirit who gives life " …John 6:63

mercyschild denies that she has the life. Her own words condemn her, not mine.

I tried to tell her, that she cannot say she is saved and deny that she has eternal life.

The bible is telling the truth, not mercyschild, and not either one of you.

Why do you feel that it is necessary for you to lie? Is it to make yoursleves look good, or is there another motive?

Is mercyschild one of your relatives? Is she a "Gold" subscriber?

What posessess you to alienate the gospel from someone who preaches a false one?

Salvation is simple. Believe that Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh and died to pay the penalty for your sin and call upon Him for the forgiveness of your sins and believe that God raised Him from the dead.
Okay...

What is salvation? hmmm? Who is Jesus? What is sin? Why did this Jesus pay for it? Why do I need forgiveness? Why was He raised from the dead?

Your little box is no bigger than that of a Calvinist's.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Mercychild I think deserves some positive rep for having to put up with the status of her salvation being argued over for the last 3 or 4, or umm, I mean the last couple of days.

elected4ever

Clete said:
Mercychild I think deserves some positive rep for having to put up with the status of her salvation being argued over for the last 3 or 4, or umm, I mean the last couple of days.
Sorry choice. You should be ashamed poly.

Status
Not open for further replies.